Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I'm copying this from another thread I started and closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofEM View Post
I am also a new member -- starting today! Nervous about the journey but excited about the prospect of loosing the weight I've put on in my late 20s and through my 30s.

I too am a little cautious of the "engineered" food but then again, I've been putting on weight each year with real and other processed, carb-heavy food. i think my real test will be when I loose it, keeping it off for a good period of time to feel like I've done it...

Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #152  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the IP family to the both of you. As far as the headache goes have you tried putting 1/2tsp of the sea salt in the palm of your hand, licking it then drinking some water? your electrolytes/BP are probably low and have not adjusted quiet yet, after doing this your headache should be gone within 15 minutes.

You will learn how to eat on this program, this is a strict program BUT it becomes habit forming. You get so used of it and then you become creative in your cooking. We have lots of threads floating around with wonderful recipes people have come up with.

Make sure to check in daily either on the Daily thread or on the 100% thread for more accountability. Never be afraid to ask a question or make suggestions we are all in this together to get to our goal and with the support we all give each other we will ALL get there!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #153  

Thanks, Wuv.

I've tried the salt lick trick 3 times now over the last couple of days. No luck. I think I'm just going to have to ride it out.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Everyone!

I also worry about this diet completely going against the scratch-cooking, local, natural foods lifestyle that is really important to me. Has anyone found it hard to transition to Phase 4 after having stepped away from eating mostly real food? I think the recipe threads and phases 2&3 will be helpful, but I am still a bit worried.

Thanks!
Welcome!
I, too, prefer whole, locally grown, real food, but I got myself to such an overweight point that I HAD to do something. I have done extensive reading about how BAD soy is for us. This made me reluctant to try IP at first.

I just got to a point of desperation with other attempts at more natural weight loss not working. I had a friend lose 50 on IP in a relatively short time & that motivated me to try it. I view the processed food packets as temporary during my weight loss phase. However, since I've lost 100 lbs before, I also need to learn to maintain. That is an important component of this program, too.

I can put 3 "real food" meals on the back burner for some months as I find success in IP. My preference would be a paleo or primal food plan, but that can come in maintenance.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone. I am on day 2. Day 1 was horrible due to the headache. I sure am glad I started on the weekend, doing this at work would have been awful. I have tried the salt with no luck. I am with you futurefitchick. I am going to ride it out and hope it does not last much longer.

I am sorry to say on my first day due to the headache I did not get all my food in. I am hoping to get through the day and eat all my food. In about another hour I will have the chicken soup and a salad with 2 veggies.

Thanks for all the support and help here. I can't wait to come back and post the results from my first weight in!
Bolt
Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 252/252/125

Height: 5'3"

My name is Christine. My first weigh in was at 252...and at just barely 5'3'', that is too much for comfort. My ideal weight would be 125. So I am getting ready to lose 1/2 of me!

My second weigh in is tomorrow...we shall see what happens!

Last edited by MrsCW; 09-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #157  

Welcome, Bolt and MrsCW. Good luck!

Thanks, Lisa32989. I have to keep that in mind!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

My Name is Dawn - I am a mother of 2 - a 4 year old and 17 month old. I gained most of my weight during pregancy. My sister in law and brother introduced me to this diet. In my first 5 days, I lost 4 lbs and 2 inches on my waist, so I was pretty excited. My husband and I both had a slip up today with the first bears game, but I'm back on the wagon and not hating myself for one mistake. This board is very helpful, so thanks to all.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #159  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone- I'm Amber- I have a 3 year old and a 15 month old. I have had weight issues my whole life and am hoping this program helps me get to where I need to be and that I learn how to keep myself where I want to be.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #160  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the IP family everyone, You will find lots of support along with suggestion, encouragement, recipes, tough love and overwhelming information. You will make lots of friends here, make this forum part of your daily routine, you won't be sad that you did
Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #161  

Welcome, dk8258 and BlessedAmberly. Good luck to you both!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Hey everyone! I've never formally introduced myself either. I'm Angie. I live in the St. Louis area now; originally from central Iowa. I'm 41, never married, no 2 legged children, but 3 four legged ones. (Wow, that's a lot of numbers in one sentence!) Two cats, and the princess, Zoe, who is in my picture with me (which is horrible). I'm a race fan, Cardinals (baseball) fan, and scrapbooker. Not necessarily in that order.

I came across this site when I too was doing research about IP. One of my doctors had talked to me about it in early June and I started looking into it. Then on June 12, my ridiculously healthy Dad (normal weight, daily exerciser, didn't smoke or drink, blah blah blah) basically dropped dead of a massive heart attack. Although there's a family history, he'd never had any issues that would have alerted us to any potential problems. Once I got back to STL, I continued to look into the protocol and read this forum. I finally took the plunge and started IP exactly one week ago today. Those first four days were R-O-U-G-H, but I perservered and feel much better now.

I'm not really sure how much I want/need to lose. I've been overweight since I was about 6 years old or so. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002 and lost about 150 pounds. I've regained about 2/3 of that and knew I was on the road to regaining the other 1/3. My lack of success with WLS was twofold I think. One, I never dealt with my food issues then (emotional eating, hunger v. appetite, etc.). Two, and things my have changed since then, but there wasn't a huge amount of support post-op. I'm one of the "lucky" ones (??) who didn't really "dump", so I could eat pretty much anything. Old habits crept back in. You all know how it happens.

So here I am! I'm amazed at the support on here ... and the creativity with the recipes?!??!?! HOW do you guys come up with that stuff???? Wow! Thank you for sharing your creations with the rest of us so we aren't doomed to plain shakes and pudding the whole time. Although I have to admit ... most everything I've tried so far has been pretty good. Makes it easier to stick with it, for sure.

Anyway ... that's (more than) a little about me! I look forward to getting to know all of you better!!

Angie

Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #163  

AngieBaby41, welcome! I am new here too. I lived in Soulard right after undergrad. I miss that neighborhood! I've got a couple furbabies too, although my kitty will likely not be with us much longer as she is ~20 and in the final stages of renal disease. (She has had it for about 6 years, so I think she's done really well.) I'm with you on the recipes. I was starting to get pretty bored with my shakes and bars, so I've been reading lots on the recipe threads. I hope my losses remain rapid as I change to them though. I am a bit nervous about that.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
AngieBaby41, welcome! I am new here too. I lived in Soulard right after undergrad. I miss that neighborhood! I've got a couple furbabies too, although my kitty will likely not be with us much longer as she is ~20 and in the final stages of renal disease. (She has had it for about 6 years, so I think she's done really well.) I'm with you on the recipes. I was starting to get pretty bored with my shakes and bars, so I've been reading lots on the recipe threads. I hope my losses remain rapid as I change to them though. I am a bit nervous about that.

Good luck to you!
FitChick, I love Soulard!! Such a fun area of the city. And what a farmer's market! It doesn't get any bigger or better than that one. And I love McGurk's, but IP has me on a hiatus from there.

I've actually been down the renal failure road with a cat too. You're lucky for 6 years. I only had about a year with Shelby before I lost her to it. It's hard watching them decline. I was fortunate enough to not work for about 6 of those months, so I got to spend some extra special time with her that I wouldn't have otherwise. Those furry little creatures sure do worm their way into our hearts, huh?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #165  

Hi, AngleBaby41.

I am delighted to hear you mention the Soulard farmer's market. When I was living there about 10 years ago it was in a bit of a decline as far as customer traffic. I'm glad it is still hanging in there!

Yes, my pets have always been an important comfort to me too!!
Closed Thread