Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/3/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IPers, Heading out to buy some Easter candy for the little kids in the family...then heading to visit with parents...

It's chilly in New England and can't wait for Spring!

Have a great OP day!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi#20

Good Morning IPeeps,

Another beautiful morning here in Tennessee, and it supposed to be 85 again today. I am so enjoying this weather. It was a rough week last week. Wednesday I found a charge in my account for $1000.00 to WalMart.com that I did not do. I called the bank and they put a flag on it and told me that it would not go thru. Well Thursday morning I checked again and I had cleared and cleaned my account out and gave me a really good overdraft fee as well. I called WalMart.com and they found the order under my name and all they could tell me was that it went to MA. I had to fill out forms and send proof of my identity, police report and affidavid from the bank and after the review they will give me a report as to what was purchased and the address it went to. And who knows how long it will take. I still have not heard from a Investigator from the Sherriff's Department to investigate my report. I go to church with a Regional Manager of WalMart and I asked him if there was any way that he could go to there and find out anything and he said that with the new privacy laws he can no longer to that. But he did tell me that it went to either a business address or private address. That if it went to another store it would show on my bank statement as sitetostore not WalMart.com. I was so hopeing that it went to another store and he would beable to find out where and call them and have ther person arrested on site when they came to pick up thier order.

The bank stated that the charges were just on my debt card and they cancelled it and issued another one. I have no idea how they obtained my information, as I still had the card on me. And the bank is stating that it will take 10-14 days to get my money back. Needless to say I am having to call my creditors and explain what has happened and why I cannot pay them this week. And I don't know when I will have my money back. Geesh, you hear about this all the time and think that you are protecting yourself. It really sucks.

Then Thursday morning my husband gets a phone call that a good friend had passed away in his sleep the night before. And they don't know why. So last night we were at his funeral.

Needless to say it was not a good week at all and I wanted to give in last week and enjoy some oreo cookies and milk soooo bad, and some brownies I made for Ciera. But I didn't....which brings me to weigh in #20 and I am happy to report that another 3.2 pounds are gone.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL OP DAY!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Way to stay strong, Marissa, it would be so easy to give in to the emotional eating that can so easily overcome all of us. If any of your creditors give you a hard time, ask your bank for a letter explaining the situation, it may help you to avoid late fees and interest charges.

Congrats on the great WI, you'll be at goal before you know it!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Rissimo- wow, you have had a rough go! Hang in there. Cannot believe that happened to you with your card. Hope things work out soon.

I am off to work and things are going great this week. Hoping for a good loss on Thursday and by the looks of things so far this week, I will see it.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Rissimo that happened to me at Target they charged 1600. I check my on line statement everyday so when I was in the negative I was like what the bleep. I called my bank in which I filled out paperwork and I received my money in three days. The culprits did all their damage in Pennsylvania and I live in Mass. And the strange thing about it is they used my husbands card. He hardly ever uses his card. I am always on line shopping I hate the malls. I guess the thiefs are getting very crafty today. Very scary. Nancy
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Rissimo,
So very sorry to hear about your week. I have also had someone steal my credit card info and use it to charge a number of things. Luckily it was my Am Ex who immediately took the charges off, did the investigation, found out who did it although all I know is that it was resolved and no damage done to me.

Be careful, everyone, of ever using a debit card - really - anywhere. You are safer, as I understand it, w/ a credit card where damages are minimal and the card company will immediately have their security people handle it. A debit card allows someone to clean out your account. We never use a debit card online. I only use Am Ex because they have protected me numerous times. If they don't take Am Ex and more and more don't due to their higher fee structure, I will use a VISA credit card but Am Ex is better at security - IMHO.

Also my sincere condolences on the passing of your friend.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-03-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Rissimo, that bites. I've had it happen to me as well, twice. The first time they got a hold of my debit card number and used it, but I only lost abut $100. My money was given back immediately, and they found the person who did it. The second time it happened to me, my Paypal account got hacked into and I had 900 in charges. Thankfully it was at a time in my life when I didn't have a time, so the bank didn't approve the charges, but it was still a pain! I hope it all gets figured out quickly and your bank is easy to work with. Also, condolences on your friend. How awful. We may not have control over the things that happen to us, but at least now we have control over what we do to comfort ourselves....control over food! SO PROUD of you for sticking to plan and pushing through!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #9  

I'm having some issues, and I'd like to reach out and see if anyone has gone through anything similar while on the diet. I've been having some woman problems for a while, and right before I started the diet I had a D&C. This fixed it for a couple months, but now I'm right back to where I started, and having the same issues as I had before the D&C. My main issue is my weight. I go up and down like a yo-yo. For example, yesterday I was up 7 pounds, today I'm down 4.5. I do this EVERY DAY, and can tell I'm retaining water, no matter how much I drink. I need to call my doctor today, but I know he's going to want to start me on hormones, and I'm worried about what it will do to my weight. Not only do birth control pills make me gain weight like crazy, but they also make me moody and give me horrible headaches. Everything else I can handle...but the weight fluctuations and weight gain that I assume will happen if I do hormones I'm really worried about!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Rissimo that happens more often than you would think. I had a $450 charge from Puma athletics show up on mine one day. I had to cancel my card and fill out a bunch of paperwork. My friend at the Sheriff's office said that thieves buy stuff on-line first to see what type of limit the card has on it. I called Puma and they had already shipped everything . The lady on the phone said it was a legitimate order and was shiped. I couldn't help but ask her what a 50 yr old 350lb fat man needed with a $400 pair of soccer shoes. Its a real pain to deal with, but it will all work out. Hope the rest of your week gets better
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Another beautiful morning here in Tennessee, and it supposed to be 85 again today. I am so enjoying this weather. It was a rough week last week. Wednesday I found a charge in my account for $1000.00 to WalMart.com that I did not do. I called the bank and they put a flag on it and told me that it would not go thru. Well Thursday morning I checked again and I had cleared and cleaned my account out and gave me a really good overdraft fee as well. I called WalMart.com and they found the order under my name and all they could tell me was that it went to MA. I had to fill out forms and send proof of my identity, police report and affidavid from the bank and after the review they will give me a report as to what was purchased and the address it went to. And who knows how long it will take. I still have not heard from a Investigator from the Sherriff's Department to investigate my report. I go to church with a Regional Manager of WalMart and I asked him if there was any way that he could go to there and find out anything and he said that with the new privacy laws he can no longer to that. But he did tell me that it went to either a business address or private address. That if it went to another store it would show on my bank statement as sitetostore not WalMart.com. I was so hopeing that it went to another store and he would beable to find out where and call them and have ther person arrested on site when they came to pick up thier order.

The bank stated that the charges were just on my debt card and they cancelled it and issued another one. I have no idea how they obtained my information, as I still had the card on me. And the bank is stating that it will take 10-14 days to get my money back. Needless to say I am having to call my creditors and explain what has happened and why I cannot pay them this week. And I don't know when I will have my money back. Geesh, you hear about this all the time and think that you are protecting yourself. It really sucks.

Then Thursday morning my husband gets a phone call that a good friend had passed away in his sleep the night before. And they don't know why. So last night we were at his funeral.

Needless to say it was not a good week at all and I wanted to give in last week and enjoy some oreo cookies and milk soooo bad, and some brownies I made for Ciera. But I didn't....which brings me to weigh in #20 and I am happy to report that another 3.2 pounds are gone.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL OP DAY!!!
What a nightmare. I am so proud of you for resisting the urge to cheat. You are doing so good. This happened to us a few years ago so now I have a prepaid visa I use to shop online. If I want to buy something I go put money on it and use it that way. I hate having the fees associated with it but it gives me peace of mind if I only have enough to cover what I want to purchase at the moment the idiots that prey on the innocent can't steal from me.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I'm having some issues, and I'd like to reach out and see if anyone has gone through anything similar while on the diet. I've been having some woman problems for a while, and right before I started the diet I had a D&C. This fixed it for a couple months, but now I'm right back to where I started, and having the same issues as I had before the D&C. My main issue is my weight. I go up and down like a yo-yo. For example, yesterday I was up 7 pounds, today I'm down 4.5. I do this EVERY DAY, and can tell I'm retaining water, no matter how much I drink. I need to call my doctor today, but I know he's going to want to start me on hormones, and I'm worried about what it will do to my weight. Not only do birth control pills make me gain weight like crazy, but they also make me moody and give me horrible headaches. Everything else I can handle...but the weight fluctuations and weight gain that I assume will happen if I do hormones I'm really worried about!
I have issues with BC's too.. after my son I had the Mirena put in... i have not had a problem since. I dont get my TOM as often ( which i'm totaly ok with) but as far as emotions, head aches, cramps... slim to known. Everyonce in a while I'll get the normal pms but that's it. But like you.. BC's made me gain weight, made me super emotional and pains... it was bad! Check with your dr. Mine said i needed the low hormon Progesterone. And the hormones are localized with the Mirena so.. it may help.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I have issues with BC's too.. after my son I had the Mirena put in... i have not had a problem since. I dont get my TOM as often ( which i'm totaly ok with) but as far as emotions, head aches, cramps... slim to known. Everyonce in a while I'll get the normal pms but that's it. But like you.. BC's made me gain weight, made me super emotional and pains... it was bad! Check with your dr. Mine said i needed the low hormon Progesterone. And the hormones are localized with the Mirena so.. it may help.
I had an I&D in until my D&C, and they had to take it out because it was causing inflammation.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #14  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Unhappy Sorry to hear this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Sorry to hear this- death out of the blue can really rattle you.

Nice job on staying OP and congrats on the loss.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #15  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Rissimo,
Very sorry about your husband's friend. Hope they are able to find the cause so his family isn't always wondering.
That stinks about what happened to you. I hope you find some decent closure on that sometime soon as well. I know there is no answer to this question but what is wrong with people in this world where they feel this need to take (steal) from others and this sense of entitlement.
Great job with sticking with the plan and not giving in. Icathinme said it loud and clear when she said "We may not have control over the things that happen to us, but at least now we have control over what we do to comfort ourselves....control over food"! That is something all us need to remember.
Good Luck.
Regina
Closed Thread