Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/2/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Good morning! I hope everyone has a great Monday
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody.

Today I will be meeting my old co workers for lunch. I have not seen them since our firm shut down in December. I am excited for them to see me looking better even though I have lost only 25 ponunds. ( I dont really see the difference but DH says he can see it).

Even though this will be my first time going out to eat since being OP, I am not nervous. I will have a chciken caesar salad without the croutons or cheese and add my own WF dressing. hmmm, I am not great at eyeballing the meat weight, I wonder how much chicken they use? I guess I could ask them. Anyhow, I am looking forward to cutting up with my old friends.

Have a great day everyone..
Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #4  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Happy Monday everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful OP day!!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #5  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Monday!
Gonna so rock out OP style today! How bout you? Make this change in your life......you are so worth it!
Gonna start strength training today. Need to it for my joints...coach said go slow, protein before and after! Wish me luck!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

~Happy Monday~ Yesterday I donated 2 bags of clothes to GoodWill.. I am so excited about this !!!! Had a great weekend ~ hope everyone has a great day ~ Keep Smiling~
Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! I just had my first slice of toast in over 15 months and it was heavenly. I got it from Julian Bakery on-line after hearing about it from somebody on the board. Real, stick-to-your-ribs bread...

Have a bunch of errands and my WI today, so run run run for me!

Hope all of you dear people have a perfect grand day!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I just had my first slice of toast in over 15 months and it was heavenly. I got it from Julian Bakery on-line after hearing about it from somebody on the board. Real, stick-to-your-ribs bread...!
i gotta say that sounds delicious and hearty! I saw that site on here also.

My leg is still numb from my back injury. I have a quilting class starting today so hope I can make it through three hours. I doubt I can sit that long!

Hope everyone is gearing up for a super OP day. We are supposed to have record highs in the 90s today in Missouri. Crazy temperatures, but i"ll enjoy the sunny day!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #9  

I thought I would share this, this is my first post, so I am sorry if I am on the wrong forum. I am so excited: I am doing IP with alternative products (had used the real ones). I needed to restart and was having a hard time. My friend, a newbie on the diet, is starting with me. One thing that has been a huge help: using almond milk instead of water to mix the drinks. It is 35 calories , 0 fat, 0 carbs. It helps me stay on the diet!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
i gotta say that sounds delicious and hearty! I saw that site on here also.

My leg is still numb from my back injury. I have a quilting class starting today so hope I can make it through three hours. I doubt I can sit that long!

Hope everyone is gearing up for a super OP day. We are supposed to have record highs in the 90s today in Missouri. Crazy temperatures, but i"ll enjoy the sunny day!
What kind of quilting class - are you teaching or taking it? I love to quilt too. I paint on fabric and then usually do heavy machine quilting on it.

I find it difficult to sit for that long too. My legs hurt, my rear end hurts. Maybe you can get up and stretch every now and then...

Have fun!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday! Today starts my very busy month at work. Trying to keep myself organized so I keep on top of things.

Ever since I had my son 11 months ago I have had major pain in my right hip. Anyone else have issues with hip pain? It seems that nothing will help the pain and I really do not want to have to move to pain meds.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody.

Today I will be meeting my old co workers for lunch. I have not seen them since our firm shut down in December. I am excited for them to see me looking better even though I have lost only 25 ponunds. ( I dont really see the difference but DH says he can see it).

Even though this will be my first time going out to eat since being OP, I am not nervous. I will have a chciken caesar salad without the croutons or cheese and add my own WF dressing. hmmm, I am not great at eyeballing the meat weight, I wonder how much chicken they use? I guess I could ask them. Anyhow, I am looking forward to cutting up with my old friends.

Have a great day everyone..

Enjoy your lunch!! It is usually 4 oz of chicken that they use.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

MORNIN' (as they say at Waffle House!) NOT that I have eaten there in the last 8 months!

Back OP last week. Dropped 5 pounds. Had gained 12 since the surgery on Feb 2nd. Feeling much much better now.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

We brought home our new rescue dog yesterday. What a sweetie, but you can tell who ever had him before abused him. So sad! He is a 1 year old Norfolk terrier mix. Well he is now in a home with people who will love him, feed him well and shower him with lots of love. Hopefully given time he will fatten up (extremely skinny) and blossom into a secure confident dog once again.

Have a great OP day...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
What kind of quilting class - are you teaching or taking it? I love to quilt too. I paint on fabric and then usually do heavy machine quilting on it.

I find it difficult to sit for that long too. My legs hurt, my rear end hurts. Maybe you can get up and stretch every now and then...

Have fun!

I used to do some quilting about 20 years ago. So, now, I am back in a basic class. Funny, when I started IP I so wanted my old life back maybe that inspired my reinterest. I am excited to see if there are new tools etc. i wish I could paint! Sounds beautiful! The shop is very relaxed and has a kitchen area etc. i am sure I can move as needed. i just hate the distraction for myself and others.

I just made my way to the scales. Yay! Finally they moved! It was 1lb lost. It isn't a big number but it is meaningful. I had hit a plateau and was beginning to think it was a wall that would not move!
Closed Thread