Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #46  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

I did not have a weigh in this week since I was out of town. I stayed pretty close to plan and did not have a single alcoholic beverage. Big NSV for me! I did get myself all in a tizzy about not drinking but no one gave me a hard time. I really don't like to be around drunk people though when I'm not drinking. I recall that from when I was pregnant 16 years ago. I was a little disappointed that only one person noticed I lost weight. Other than the fact my son's team lost the semifinal game, it was a great weekend! We will see what the scale says on Wednesday.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #47  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Today is going to be a great day! It's my oldest daughter's 19th birthday and it looks like the rain may have slowed down a fair bit-- both cheering thoughts! My toddler is bringing me a yellow pepper tbat he wants me to cut up for him, and my dd wants a veggie omelet for breakfast. I love seeing my kids enjoy their veggies.

I felt a little slow and dumpy and emotional over the weekend,but today the perkiness is back, thank goodness. I wonder if I kicked myself out of ketosis when I had 2 bars last Thursday. Since then I've 100% OP. So maybe this is the return of the ketosis energy?? Anyway, I'll take it!!

I have a question for you all: how much lettuce meets the minimum requirement for "unlimited lettuce"? By dinnertime, it's hard for me to fit much more in my stomach.
Hope your day is fabulous, all!
there isn't a minimum amount....its optional and unlimited. Honestly I don't eat lettuce most of the time, its used more as a filler and to keep things "moving". As far as having the 2 bars, it won't knock you out of ketosis, I have done it before so you are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Hi all! I have not been on the site for around 6 months. I back on the wagon. I am starting again to hit a goal of 40 pounds more. I am 206.6 as of March 30. My Fiance and I are doing it together using alternatives. Even thought it has been just 2 days it is a lot easier with him on board. He also wants to lose 40 pounds.

My fiance is going mad as of last night. He has a zillion temptations on his mind. I wont mention any of them so no else has to be tempted. Getting him to understand he needs to drink the water is like pulling teeth.

We have a goal. We are going on a cruise this fall and we need to be beach ready! We have 5 months before was are going to phase off so we can enjoy the cruise. Hopefully we should be darn close to our goal if not at it by then. We weigh in Saturday Mornings. Wish us luck!

Wuv it is great to see your progress!
Great to see you back!....Y'all can do this...Keep him distracted with honey do lists....lol

MustangMolly....where are you????....haven't seen you around lately!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 04-02-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #48  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Of course you can do it!

Your're doing great.
Thanks!! Def. am more motivated and even more positive about the whole expierence! I'm ready to keep going
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

What a beautiful weekend we had here in Tx.
I did something that really showed me how well this diet is working. My daughter was riding her horse this weekend in one of my old saddles that I haven’t been able to fit into for 15 yrs. I stopped riding when I got so big I couldn’t fit in the saddle anymore. She asked me to ride the horse for her because she was giving her fits and wanted to see if the horse would act different for me. I actually fit and the horse didn’t collapse either. I couldn’t believe how much I missed riding my own horse. Only one problem though. Now it hurts to sit;-)
Everyone have a great week.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
What a beautiful weekend we had here in Tx.
I did something that really showed me how well this diet is working. My daughter was riding her horse this weekend in one of my old saddles that I haven’t been able to fit into for 15 yrs. I stopped riding when I got so big I couldn’t fit in the saddle anymore. She asked me to ride the horse for her because she was giving her fits and wanted to see if the horse would act different for me. I actually fit and the horse didn’t collapse either. I couldn’t believe how much I missed riding my own horse. Only one problem though. Now it hurts to sit;-)
Everyone have a great week.
AWESOME!...I bet your horse was glad to see you back in the saddle and riding her. I bet your daughter was impressed as well. Its little things or big things like this that make you happy you decided to change your life!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
NSV!!!

My doctor told me that my triglicerides were getting a bit high back in November, they were around 200ish.

Went for a blood test on Friday, results are in today and my Triglicerides are DOWN to 90?!?!?!?

Been on IP for only 7 weeks, this diet is AMAZING!!!
Great!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #52  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon. I made goal today! feeling super stoked. I am so glad that I resisted that urge to cheat over the weekend. I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. and then in two weeks maintenance. I was so scared of starting phase 3 but now I am so ready to be there that I'm excited. I also feel confident that I can do this and I think that is helping me so much.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 274/244/170

Height: 5'9

Happy Monday everyone. Usually I don't look forward to Monday's but after my rough day staying OP yesterday (I made it though yaaa me!!) it seems easier to stay true on workdays. )
Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anume2012 View Post
Happy Monday everyone. Usually I don't look forward to Monday's but after my rough day staying OP yesterday (I made it though yaaa me!!) it seems easier to stay true on workdays. )
Weekends are hard for a lot of people because they aren't in their routine. Just start occupied away from the kitchen, distract yourself. It will get easier with time. Congrats on staying OP!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #55  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
Good Afternoon. I made goal today! feeling super stoked. I am so glad that I resisted that urge to cheat over the weekend. I am starting phase 3 tomorrow. and then in two weeks maintenance. I was so scared of starting phase 3 but now I am so ready to be there that I'm excited. I also feel confident that I can do this and I think that is helping me so much.
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #56  

This weekend I reached 80% of my weight loss goal!!! However, I'm going to stay on Phase I for an additional week because my clinic is closed due to moving. Just curious about Phase II. What is it and how long do I need to stay on it?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #57  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I had an awesome weekend. My step-mom and my mom told me to stop looking at myself as if I am still the same person 60lbs ago. They said you are different, your not a fat person anymore so stop wearing all your clothes that you have. (My clothes are all too big and I don't want to buy new ones yet so I have been wearing them they are more comfortable now is my excuse lol)
So they piled up some clothes for me from their closets and I was like no way am I going to fit these. It's impossible maybe in few more months. So they forced me to try things on. So I did and was I ever shocked. I was wearing size 18W-22 Pants and I fit in a pair of size 14 jeans. I was speechless and then I tried on smaller shirts and I could see my figure. It makes alot more sense now to wear proper fitting clothes than hiding in my old clothes. I have a job this week to go through my closet and get rid of all the big stuff. I am excited.

It was a great confidence booster this weekend for sure.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Ooops

Sat. I had a little bit of an issue staying OP didn't have enough to keep me occupied. However Sunday I decided to take "Brad" the lab to my sisters after church to play in the creek and pond. He had a blast, my neice went swimming with him in the pond. It is crazy that it was warm enough to swim in April. When we left I hadn't cheated all day and he was worn completely out. So it was a great day for the both of us.

I have to remember this is my journey and only I have control over how it will go. Everyone have a great day.

Oh and by the way a year ago if I would have went off program I would have said well thats great I need to just quit I can't do this. But know I have the confidence to pick my self up and dust my self off becouse I am worth it and I will get back on program and do well.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #59  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Morning All!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend... mine was... interesting! I just moved here to Bismarck, ND from Tacoma, WA... and the differnece is AMAZING! Def. a culture shock, but it's great for my son, so i'm ok with that...for now! I say interesting because I met one of his "freinds" parents this weekend at a bday party, lets just say he wont be going over to anymore of his parties, his mom was recently arrested for distributing her perscriptions. And just got her kids back. Nice lady, but morally... not so much

BUT... Big things for me... I went through my tub of "someday" clothes!!! OMG I fit into a pair of jeans i have been trying on for years! I not only got in them, but zipped them up with ease! I think the last time I was comfortably in them my son was 1 and he's 10 now! I cleaned out my closet, started a donate pile and restocked my closet with my "someday" tub!

AND... You know when you go to buy underware its like the biggest gamble in the world. Cus there is no trying on (for obvious reasons) and there is no returning (obvious again) So I have a sheet set bag full of my epic failures, or "someday" underoo's.. so I went through those too.. well looks like i wont be buying underwares for a long time either... cleared out half the bag!!! My fieance likes it too Cus of course they are all the cute ones that you tried but didnt feel quite right in... well they feel great now! Thank you IP!!! Def. motivated!
Moving is challenging in itself. Add to that the culture shock and it can be as you say, "interesting." We have moved a lot. Some moves better than others. Kudos to properly fitting undies. I think the ones I wore before were probably always too small so they are fine now. LOL! That was just something I never really paid attn. to. Working on getting better fitting bras which is proving to be more challenging than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneurohr View Post
I don't want to sound like I am wining but I and ready to be off IP. Some days are worse then others but today I just really want to be done. I think some of it is that I am so close to my goal. I am only 8 Pounds away that was as of last Tuesday, I go tomorrow for WI. Does anyone else every feel like that?
Do you think is it time for you to phase off? Diet fatigue is tough. I had it before for a bit but then it passed. How do you feel about yourself, about where you are now? Are you liking who you see in the mirror? Are you enjoying how your newer clothes are fitting? Do what is best for you and phase off before diet fatigue settles in. This may be a passing phase though. I have had some weird phases on this diet but they passed. I am also finding myself eating certain packets I have not touched in ages. I had stash of things I had stopped eating long ago but for some reason lately I have been eating items I used to eat when I first started. Not sure what that is about. It's been a long journey. You got this.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #60  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Hello everyone. I started IP Thursday afternoon. I made it through the weekend with some HUGE temptations and no cheating. My wife was baking cookies and cakes this weekend. The whole house smelled good enough to eat. I took off for a few hours with the kids. Went to the doctor today for an appointment and asked to get on the scale, not normal for me. I am already down 20#s but I know most if not all of it was fluid. But the pitting edema in my lower legs and feet is GONE so I'm pretty happy about that.
Closed Thread