Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Oh man, forgot the real purpose of me logging on tonight.

I am soooo excited... MIO has hit Canada.... yep us Canadians can now buy MIO too..... found it at Terwillegar Walmart, they have mango/peach, fruit punch, strawberry/watermelon, berry/pommegranate
It is in the drinks row...
So thrilled that you are able to purchase MIO! I wanted to share another really yummy drink that I have discovered at target_market pantry lime margarita individual drink packets- yum mixed with ice and cold water, they taste like a refreshing margarita and they have zero carbs, 5 calories-very refreshing indeed!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
I just did four weeks on P3 and the answer to your question is yes. Unfortunately there is thinking and adding in phase three. As long as your breakfast has all the required stuff (30 grams carb from grain, 20 from fruit, at least 15 grams protein and no more than 15 g fat) you are set. I actually made a chart of each food I wanted to eat, the fat, protein and carb, and as I picked my combo for the day I just added it all up. Hope that helps.
Thank you! That does help.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #93  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi, Quick question...Can I have any peanut butter in my P3 breakfast? I would like to put a tsp on my wheat toast with sliced bananas...

Thanks!

Edit: I have smuckers natural peanut butter if that matters...yes, tons of fat but only ingredient is peanuts!
I have PB many mornings. It is a legal fat and it is wonderful!

I also charted various breakfast for P3 and made sure they added up correctly. I then just choose a breakfast group for the morning. Makes it easier.

Determined..That margarita mix sounds refreshing. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Maile; 04-10-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I love peanut butter! I get the Smuckers natural too, but I pour off most of the oil on top, so it has a little less fat. It does have a harder consistency, especially since I keep it in the refrigerator, but if you microwave for a few seconds, it's spreadable again.

I'm using up my WF peanut spread too, by mixing a little of the PB2 powder with it. That stuff is really good and has a small fraction of the fat that regular peanut butter has. Whoever invented the method of extracting the fat from real peanuts is a genius - wish they'd do it for other nuts too.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I love peanut butter! I get the Smuckers natural too, but I pour off most of the oil on top, so it has a little less fat. It does have a harder consistency, especially since I keep it in the refrigerator, but if you microwave for a few seconds, it's spreadable again.

I'm using up my WF peanut spread too, by mixing a little of the PB2 powder with it. That stuff is really good and has a small fraction of the fat that regular peanut butter has. Whoever invented the method of extracting the fat from real peanuts is a genius - wish they'd do it for other nuts too.
I just had it and it was delicious! I realized the banana's I've been eating are really high in carbs (medium has 27 grams)...so I'll cut off a piece and start a freezing pieces of bananas for future use! But boy the bananas are delicious.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Paint Lady I couldn't do it! I couldn't go a week without getting on the scale. I'm kind of glad I did, though, because I definitely need another P1 day to recover from my weekend. I think it may also be TOM. Since I am too weak to stay off the scale, I am going to play a new game with myself. Before I get on the scale, I will make an honest guess at my weight. Today my guess was 2 lbs under my actual weight. Maybe if I practice I will eventually get the feel for my my actual weight?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #97  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
So thrilled that you are able to purchase MIO! I wanted to share another really yummy drink that I have discovered at target_market pantry lime margarita individual drink packets- yum mixed with ice and cold water, they taste like a refreshing margarita and they have zero carbs, 5 calories-very refreshing indeed!
oh that sounds so good... maybe it will hit Canada eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

I love PB, gave it up for lent, and then had a little bit of natural PB on celery yesterday. I
bought a 1lb of the pb2 powder before lent and haven't cracked it yet. Going to spend this week on phase 1 to see how it goes... good idea for wf peanut spread with pb2 never thought of that.

Candy 5 - is IP worth it? oh you bet, it has changed most of our lives... even though you are eating packets you kind of get into a routine as to when your body really needs re fueling... Phase 1 was the easiest part, it took the guess work out of it, it tells you exactly what to eat. Phase 2 is the same, once you get to phase 3 you start incorporating food into your breakfast, those of us here have found that a lot of us are wheat entolurent but than you just have to keep trying what works for you. Miantenance phase is hard but really worth it you just have to keep it up, and find out what is right for you. I didn't do a lot of "free" days as I was scared... but slowly old habits creep in and a candy here and there, as long as you monitor yourself and try everything, just have to be limits to everything... You can't go back to the way you were before or the way you ate before. I still have 2 cups of roasted veggies for supper and 5-10 oz meat. I very rarely have carbs at night either, they just don't interest me like they use to. I have shitaki noodles when I really want spagetti or macaroni. The biggest thing adjusting to maintenance is eating light at night. I love having soups or stews and that has help me maintain. I also have tried different things I never had before... We are all on a learning process the same as life we are always learning. This diet is easy but strick, if you can handle that you are good to go. IP isn't right for everyone and it is mainly a decision that only you can make, as you have to be strick with yourself and not cheat. If you can do that and with the support of this link you have it made. Good Luck
Old 04-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

pxlkitty- Loved your story about the stranger calling you pretty... cause you are!- but it can be so much easier to believe when the source doesn't even know you
You seem to have found a maintenance style that is working well for you. Because you have been maintaining within a five pound range for how many months now? Six? Seven? Awesome. Glad you had a Happy Easter!
candy there was a quote posted on here by pauley a little while ago and it went like this
Being overweight is HARD
Losing weight is HARD
Maintaining weight is HARD
Choose YOUR hard
Maintenance is by no means a utopian paradise where you can eat mindlessly enjoying all of your favorite treats and wake up every morning to your svelte body that effortlessly slips into size zero jeans without an ounce of fat on it.
Nope, that's not maintenance.
Maintenance is having the dedication to fight through losing weight and the commitment to keeping it off even if your goal weight doesn't bring you the 'perfect' body. It is mentally exhausting sometimes but you can and will feel refreshed when you just stick it out. But be prepared. You have to want it badly enough that you're willing to fight for it.
IP is an 'ideal program' in the fact that it is so strongly promoted that you not cheat. Not even once. If you can do this in your weight loss phase, you will have trust in yourself by the time maintenance rolls around. And when your self efficacy is higher it is easier to maintain the weight.
Maile- I am rebooting. It was time to reset my eating patterns as I was getting too lax. Day six of Phase 1. Little bit like a Tale of Two Cities... "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"... Love feeling in control of my eating and being leaner but I have less energy and am much more prone to being 'hangry'.
Such a great reminder though. It is easy to forget how much focus is needed to stay on Phase 1 for an extended period when it's usually just a one day hop. I haven't cheated even with diet soda. No gum either (definitely miss this). Which are both things that I'll typically allow myself to have on my weekly Phase 1 day. Just trying to keep it as close to my original journey as I can.
Funnily enough, because I only weighed in once a week when I went to visit my coach I've adopted the same principal. Thursday I may WI as that will be one week. But TOM is looming immediately after and I'd prefer to see a 'real' number and not a ton of water weight. So may WI next week instead. We'll see. For now I'm just enjoying being in a better head space.
After that week of birthdays and parties it felt a little like it does to be driving down a dirt road and have the back end of your car swing out and start dragging you toward the ditch. This week of Phase 1 is the relief of coming out of the tailspin and being solidly on the road again. I'm honestly looking forward to Phase 3. I really believe this is where the 'normal' eating patterns are reset.
I'm pretty set on eating clean when Phase 3 is done. I really believe I need to get rid of sugar/ sugar alcohols if I hope to achieve long term success in maintenance. Just finished Jackie Warner's "This is Why You're Fat" she suggests eating clean 5 days / week 1500 cals/day. Weekends have 2 cheat meals that do not add up to more than 1500 cals each eat clean the rest of the time. Will give it a whirl when the pancreas has been reset as it seems very sensible and is very appealing to me.
NewEnglander- I love PB with banana! One of my fave sandwiches in childhood and still love them now. No way to have a whole banana now- that's what I loved about Hawaii- they have the little bananas! When is Mardi Gras?
2ride- great to see another post from you- very sound advice for Candy! I've been posting at the same time as you so wrote my advice before I read yours... yours is very sound and Candy I hope you heed it!
And Determined positively warms my heart to know you're still lurking- how about you woolberger are you out there too?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I just had it and it was delicious! I realized the banana's I've been eating are really high in carbs (medium has 27 grams)...so I'll cut off a piece and start a freezing pieces of bananas for future use! But boy the bananas are delicious.
I let my bananas get really ripe, then freeze them. You've got to try using the IP banana pudding, a little frozen banana, ice, water and/or vanilla premade, and blend a shake or popsicles out of it. I thought I died and went to heaven! The banana pudding has the least amount of carbs in it so it kind of makes up for the real bananas, and you don't need many of them to add incredible flavor.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #100  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi all! I've been MIA too...meetings and then to Louisiana for Easter with my family and friends. It was such a great visit!!! I had boiled crawfish...the right way. It was marvelous!

But now, my liver needs to dry out a little, and I'm ready for this water weight to be gone....definitely need a few P1 days thrown in. It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling with keeping the weight off, and all of you are very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and feelings through this journey.

Pat- so sorry to hear about your hubby and mom...I'll keep them in my prayers.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #101  

capricious - Little bananas would make this much easier...I'll be careful and cut and save what I think is over the carb amount in fruit.

Sewmam - That does sound yummy!!!

I just can't wait to be in maintenance and figuring out what makes my body tick and tock! Thanks for all the posting everyone does..it's very helpful!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #102  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
pxlkitty- Loved your story about the stranger calling you pretty... cause you are!- but it can be so much easier to believe when the source doesn't even know you
You seem to have found a maintenance style that is working well for you. Because you have been maintaining within a five pound range for how many months now? Six? Seven? Awesome. Glad you had a Happy Easter!
candy there was a quote posted on here by pauley a little while ago and it went like this
Being overweight is HARD
Losing weight is HARD
Maintaining weight is HARD
Choose YOUR hard
Maintenance is by no means a utopian paradise where you can eat mindlessly enjoying all of your favorite treats and wake up every morning to your svelte body that effortlessly slips into size zero jeans without an ounce of fat on it.
Nope, that's not maintenance.
Maintenance is having the dedication to fight through losing weight and the commitment to keeping it off even if your goal weight doesn't bring you the 'perfect' body. It is mentally exhausting sometimes but you can and will feel refreshed when you just stick it out. But be prepared. You have to want it badly enough that you're willing to fight for it.
IP is an 'ideal program' in the fact that it is so strongly promoted that you not cheat. Not even once. If you can do this in your weight loss phase, you will have trust in yourself by the time maintenance rolls around. And when your self efficacy is higher it is easier to maintain the weight.
Maile- I am rebooting. It was time to reset my eating patterns as I was getting too lax. Day six of Phase 1. Little bit like a Tale of Two Cities... "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"... Love feeling in control of my eating and being leaner but I have less energy and am much more prone to being 'hangry'.
Such a great reminder though. It is easy to forget how much focus is needed to stay on Phase 1 for an extended period when it's usually just a one day hop. I haven't cheated even with diet soda. No gum either (definitely miss this). Which are both things that I'll typically allow myself to have on my weekly Phase 1 day. Just trying to keep it as close to my original journey as I can.
Funnily enough, because I only weighed in once a week when I went to visit my coach I've adopted the same principal. Thursday I may WI as that will be one week. But TOM is looming immediately after and I'd prefer to see a 'real' number and not a ton of water weight. So may WI next week instead. We'll see. For now I'm just enjoying being in a better head space.
After that week of birthdays and parties it felt a little like it does to be driving down a dirt road and have the back end of your car swing out and start dragging you toward the ditch. This week of Phase 1 is the relief of coming out of the tailspin and being solidly on the road again. I'm honestly looking forward to Phase 3. I really believe this is where the 'normal' eating patterns are reset.
I'm pretty set on eating clean when Phase 3 is done. I really believe I need to get rid of sugar/ sugar alcohols if I hope to achieve long term success in maintenance. Just finished Jackie Warner's "This is Why You're Fat" she suggests eating clean 5 days / week 1500 cals/day. Weekends have 2 cheat meals that do not add up to more than 1500 cals each eat clean the rest of the time. Will give it a whirl when the pancreas has been reset as it seems very sensible and is very appealing to me.
NewEnglander- I love PB with banana! One of my fave sandwiches in childhood and still love them now. No way to have a whole banana now- that's what I loved about Hawaii- they have the little bananas! When is Mardi Gras?
2ride- great to see another post from you- very sound advice for Candy! I've been posting at the same time as you so wrote my advice before I read yours... yours is very sound and Candy I hope you heed it!
And Determined positively warms my heart to know you're still lurking- how about you woolberger are you out there too?
I was looking at that exact book at walmart today, tomorrow will have to pick it up. I too like the strictness of phase 1, which I have been on for two days decided that a week of it won't hurt me and I may see 159 on Monday when I weigh in. Will try to post more often... hopefully I can spend more time on here as it really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hi all! I've been MIA too...meetings and then to Louisiana for Easter with my family and friends. It was such a great visit!!! I had boiled crawfish...the right way. It was marvelous!

But now, my liver needs to dry out a little, and I'm ready for this water weight to be gone....definitely need a few P1 days thrown in. It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling with keeping the weight off, and all of you are very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and feelings through this journey.

Pat- so sorry to hear about your hubby and mom...I'll keep them in my prayers.
welcome back keep up the work... and yes it is work to maintain. bot so worth it.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I hear you about your liver needing a break! Company plus long weekends equal too much wine!
I didn't even venture near the scale today...I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow. I know I will not see 145 this week...sigh
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #104  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Mom2cs..That wine can be tempting! There is always Phase 1 to save you.Hope your weigh in goes Ok this week. By the way I take milk thistle to help my liver to counter act wine!

Cap: This is why IP is so nice..returning to Phase 1 gives you back the control you need, when you start feeling lax. We have never had that tool before in maintenance. There is no doubt that you feel in control on Phase 1. However, the tiny things such as gum, are definitely missed. I am going to look for that book. I really believe that staying away from sugar is what is keeping me stable..plus exercise. You were wise to get onto Phase 1 when you felt you needed it!

2ride. I don't eat carbs at night either and have lost much of my cravings for them. It is because those roasted vegetables are amazing! I am glad you are doing well. I am loving my teas!

New Englander and Sewmam: I have noticed that you both have incredibles losses to reach maintenance. Congratulations to you both..and I'll enjoy that PB along with you.

Has anyone heard that eating soy products affects your thyroid? I am going to investigate this.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #105  

Maile: New Englander and Sewmam: I have noticed that you both have incredibles losses to reach maintenance. Congratulations to you both..and I'll enjoy that PB along with you.

Thanks Maile!

I don't know about soy impacting the thyroid but I do know certain raw veggies aren't good for it...cruciferous vegetables should be cooked.

Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale, Bok choy, Rutabaga Collard Greens, Radish.

Just got my thyroid (and all blood work) done before beginning P3 so I can see what was happening with my body during ketosis...I'll have a nice baseline going forward too...
Closed Thread