3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #496

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So would any of you be willing to share the titles of your favorite cook books? I'm certain some of you have purchased some low carb recipe books and would love to know some of your recommendations.
Check out Clean Eating, they have a magazine and a couple cookbooks. Also I've recently started reading a blog, mariahealth.blogspot.com she has great recipes and several cookbooks as well!

Me: WI#1 -8.4 WI#2 -1.2 WI#3 -1.4 WI#4 -2.2 WI#5 -1.6 WI#6 -0.8 WI#7 -2

My Husband: WI#1 -17.5 WI#2 -4 WI#3 -6.4 WI#4 -8.8 WI#5 -6.2 WI#6 -5.8 WI#7 -5.6
Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #497

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I cook very basic, so I do not have any cookbooks to share. When I do need a recipe, I go to allrecipes.com. Sorry, I basically cook all of my meat on the grill and do salads for my veggies. Boring, but quick!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #498

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Just lost a huge post that I wrote
Ishbel- I like this lady's site http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/03/th...f-cauliflower/
You can also google low carb and look for recipes that are rated...
Maile- I like the sounds of your book. Anything that can help work out emotional issues connected with food is a warranted read. It's so easy to work on the autopilot and fall back on the same tendencies that we've had since childhood much harder to focus and relearn new responses but oh so worth it.
Determined- commit to it. Tell yourself you'll make it at least thru the carb withdrawal 4 days. You've got this- remember why you named yourself what you did. You have always been well suited to it. I've appreciated your direct posts since phase 1. 5 of your pounds could very well be gone within the first week and it's such a relief to watch the scale go down instead of up- it will absolutely mentally unburden you. I know cause it was me last week. So much better to tackle 10 than 40. Do it, you won't regret it!
Mom2cs- I do believe it eases up the load on the pancreas but that it's ever fully put to sleep? No. Our livers also got a major break as there was no toxins allowed, processed food came only in the form of packets, no sugar- these are alm huge breaks for liver and pancreas...
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #499

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Mariahealth.blogspot.com is fabulous. Information rich and for me, so timely.

I haveg the Clean Living cookbook but also recently purchased a frew low carb cookbooks and vegan cookbokks (I'm a carnivore but want to be able to do some of hte inventive vegan dishes.
Cookbooks:
The Low Carb Comfort Cookbook, Eades
The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, Nixon
Chloe's Kitchen, Ciscarelli
Vegan Cooking for Carnivores, Martin(Ellen DeGeneres personal chef) - He has a vegan recipe that supposed to taste like fried chicken.)

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #500
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Really, truly since I started having either just eggs with a non starchy veg or a protein shake in the mornings my days have been on so much more of an even keel. In Phase 1 low glycemic fruits are being tested in your carb sensitivity so berries, grapefruit, green apples (there's more) are included 1-2 servings per day. I'm down another pound as of this morning. That's 4 pounds in 6 days. I didn't even achieve that with my Phase 1 reboot. For me I have to say this is working. Don't know for everyone else... but I feel mentally & physically stable, I am eating healthy, whole, unprocessed foods and I'm not experiencing cravings. And I'm losing weight to boot.
WOW! That is great news. Do you know about how many calories you are eating per day? I'm not sure it's a calorie-counting kind of diet, but just curious...

Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #501
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Mom2cs: I am not sure about the pancreas either..but I am hoping my insulin levels are oK..and blood sugar with all of this low carb. I am investigating this Dr. Kruse and the leptin ideas. He focuses on eating high density low carb foods..but 50 gms of protein for breakfast seems high.

I go to Allrecipes.com or google recipes and find them on food network or other places.
Also Kayln's Kitchen blog has good low carb recipes.

I just heard of an interesting idea for eggplant lovers. Use a peeler and peel eggplant noodles. Steam them for 10-15 mins then add vegetables, pasta sauce. I may try that.

Cap: That autopilot existence is exactly what I am trying to avoid!

Sunny and Determined: You have come so far. You can do it! You have the strength that helped you to lose the weight. Hope your weeks go well.

Pixl: thanks for the pinrest.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #502
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Man I missed so much being busy with work and family. Cap thanks for all the info I am going tonight to look for the book... My weekend was crappy you guys, and went to my old habit of eating things I shouldn't just cause. Now pants too tight shorts too tight from last year and that was before I lost all the weight... I am in real trouble here.

Visiting family during Branding is not the ideal stress free holiday I had planned... 8 dogs as many kids and drunk adults meant kaos rained supreme...

My poor Red dog was in 4 fights, and spent a good 3 hours sitting in the car with the tail gate opened, she was ready to go home. She was avoiding nasty dogs all day and they still turned on her. Yesterday while walking Red and my sister's two dogs one of them tried to pick a fight with her again... It was time to leave. She was so stressed she slept the 8 hour drive and slept most of the night...

So back at work and another stressful week, am working overtime tonight from 12:30am until at least 3:30 and then back for my regular shift at 7... and that is with 2 hour drive in the middle.. thank goodness after tomorrow everything will be back to normal and the new area will be opened up and I will only have twice as far to go and fix pcs and computer issues.... I really need to find a way to be allowed to rollerblade through the airport..

Thanks for letting me vent... I am going to try and get back on losing weight, have been doing basically a phase 2 most days but somehow have gained again... my nashua order is in so that will help. I think I will have to give up my coffee habit as well for a while... it seems to all tie in together.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 05-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #503

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

2Ride- after tomorrow, get right back on P1. Come over to the "been in maintenance...need a reboot..." thread. Darbs & I are both back on P1. I am back on P1 to try to get to 125, my original goal and I think she is trying to get back to her original goal. I know you had some success with P2 in the past, but for me, all weight loss happens in P1. Time to get back to it!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #504
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
2Ride- after tomorrow, get right back on P1. Come over to the "been in maintenance...need a reboot..." thread. Darbs & I are both back on P1. I am back on P1 to try to get to 125, my original goal and I think she is trying to get back to her original goal. I know you had some success with P2 in the past, but for me, all weight loss happens in P1. Time to get back to it!
I have actually started again today, tonight I have a little pork and veggies ready to go so I can go to bed early and then tomorrow I have shakes ready and waiting. Thanks I am coming over to the reboot section... after tomorrow I will have time to plan better... Thanks.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #505

Pxlkitty- I eat between 1300- 1500 (sometimes 1600). Depends on what I choose to have for snacks. Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of fruit and 1 T of sliced almonds is my favorite or I'll have the shake with 1 serving whey protein vanilla, 1/4 t cinnamon, 1 T almond butter (peanut butter is not allowed) and 2 T Chia seeds. There's quite a few to choose from but they are absolute- you can't really fiddle with them. She lays out fat/ carb/ protein allowances for each meal & snack as well as which foods to have/ not have & when. To me it's Phase 4 IP with more explanation and no free day until you are thru the six phases that test your carb tolerance. When the six phases are complete and your insulin resistance has improved (if during any of the phases you can't check off the whole list you have to move to the metabolic repair diet- which is most akin to Phase 1- for 4 weeks) the metabolic repair is what is supposed to help with insulin resistance...
Anyway when the six phases are complete you hit maintenance. At which point she recommends foods to stay away from except for a cheat meal one is to have once a week. But even this is more defined. She says eat whatever you want in one sitting and only up to 1 hour. Avoid high fat AND high carb combos such as deep dish pizza or cheesecake but feel free to indulge in a glass of wine with a dessert if you wish.
Tomorrow is the start of Phase 2 for me where a selection of starchy veggies (squash, carrots etc) will be introduced. If it goes half as well as this week I'll be tremendously happy. A 4 pound loss this week, if I can get 2 out of next week I'll be below goal again. I am interested to see as this progresses which carbs I'll react too. I consider this great info as when I hit Phase 4 I just kind of half reintroduced everything and then it's so much harder to pinpoint what's causing cravings & hunger.
2Ride- It's great to hear from you but I am sorry to hear hat you had such an unpleasant time at the BBQ. I hope you like the book as much as me. Make the carb saver shake recipe for snacks if you want to save time- you can put all the dry ingredients in and when you're ready for it just add water. Or go Phase 1 again cause you know that works of course! Keep us posted!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #506

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Cap, glad to hear it is still going well for you. I went to Costco and got some whey protein so going to ease in with some shakes tomorrow.

2Ride, since you are at the airport maybe you can get the book there. I got it on my kindle but also ordered a used copy from amazon.ca as hard copies are much better to flip through for food books.

Poor Red Dog, she must have so enjoyed being back in her own house.

I have not gained but have stayed the same for the last 3 months. I really would like to get down 5 more pounds. But my body has totally adjusted to the IP phase 1 routine and won't budge an ounce anymore. So I am going to try the carb sensitive approach. I hope that shakes things up.

Pat
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #507

Patns- I can honestly tell you I never had a whey protein shake before CSP and now I really wonder at myself as to why. I guess I always thought I prefer to chew my calories as opposed to drinking them... But the shakes fill me up just right... Enough to see me through the next few hours and never over full... They were the balance I was looking for...
Maile- I grilled eggplant that I had submerged in a saltwater brine for a half hour first. Spread a bit of oil & vinegar on then while they were cooking... My one year old and I loved it! So so yummy!
I went on a field trip with my daughter's class today to a Pioneer Museum where they baked gingerbread cookies with the kids and then offered them to everyone when they were done baking. Unfortunately, I was the first person the lady asked and I said no. I was the only one to say no. Felt awkward about it. As though I should have just taken the cookie and not eaten it, maybe that would have been better?? My daughter told me she was 'frustrated' with me for not even trying treats anymore. But to me there has to be a boundary and when I let one in, it seems so much easier to make excuses to let more in. And the kicker is that gingerbread is not my favorite so I really wasn't even that interested but I still feel guilty for not having one. Bah.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #508
Maile

Cap: I ordered that book. I found a used copy on Amazon. I am very happy for you and your weight loss!
I had a similar experience. Our classified staff made a potluck luncheon for the teachers. I was the only one not eating it. Unfortunately I was grilled as to why I was not eating it. I just said I eat low carb and that is my life.
You made the right choice not eating that cookie..but it is hard being the only one..but we are choosing to not be defined by others!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #509
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine View Post
I do the same thing on my P1 day: egg whites in the morning, P2 lunch and dinner. So far it works for me.
It is nice to find that you can do a P1 without the packets and just cutting back on breakfast. It seems to be working! I even have my 100 calorie almond snack on that day.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #510

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I also like whey protein shakes. I am not a breakfast person and they are ideal for that. I sometimes have ip pudding as a shake, but otherwise I found a whey at Walmart sweetened with stevia. I should start adding some fat...

I would also have refused the cookie. If I am going to eat carbs it must be something I really like (or want at the time).. My children also comment on my no sugar diet, and I o casionally give in to please them too. But they see the time I put in st the gym and I think they know it is a lifestyle choice for me. Hopefully I am not warping their thoughts on food...they now eat bacon instead of sweetened cereal for breakfast, lol!
Have a good Tuesday!
Closed Thread