Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I just made crackers/flatbread out of grated, cooked zuchini (pressed with a paper towel to get rid of some of the moisture), egg whites, soy protein powder and ground cloves, ground cinnamon and ground ginger and a packet of stevia. Spread it on some aluminum foil and threw it in a 350F oven until it crisped up and it was quite good. None of the aftertaste of the cauliflower. Great protein from the soy & egg whites, <1 g fat from soy, some carb from the zuchini, so I'd say it's a go-to snack item for me!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #182  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Okay so went to a luncheon today for someone going away and they were having Pizza and cake. I brought my salad and had that. When I was leaving one of my friend's came up to me... enough of the diet EAT. I told her I do eat and she said salad isn't eating... it kind of made me a little sad that just because I chose to eat salad instead of fatty pizza she wasn't happy. Oh well I told her I eat well, steaks, salmon etc but....
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay so went to a luncheon today for someone going away and they were having Pizza and cake. I brought my salad and had that. When I was leaving one of my friend's came up to me... enough of the diet EAT. I told her I do eat and she said salad isn't eating... it kind of made me a little sad that just because I chose to eat salad instead of fatty pizza she wasn't happy. Oh well I told her I eat well, steaks, salmon etc but....
I'm totally impressed that you had the salad and you're in maintenance! Do you think she was just joking? It must be obvious to people how well you've done on this program so why would they want you to change?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #184  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

I think it is more that she thinks I have lost enough weight... but like pxlkitty says "they have not seen me naked". It was kind of a reversal as our big boss usually doesn't partake in stuff like that and eats very little. while I was there she had 2 pieces of pizza... but she said she was happy that I was continuing with my healthy eating... (she by the way is about 90 lbs and tall so she doesn't really have to watch)... another guy and I both had salads, they didn't give him a bad time... well not much.

I did tell them if I eat too much sugar I get migraines now... which can be a good thing as a very big deterant (?spell). the cake looked yummy but so does being able to wear size 8 jeans.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #185  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

JoAnn..It does happen, doesn't it? Good friends or family can take offense that we are not "enjoying " the celebration by not eating the pasta or the sugars. I have even had my husband tell me that we are on a trip and I should let loose. Sorry you went through that..but ultimately and hopefully if people see you often enough eating salads, they will let you alone. However , good for you eating a salad!!!!!!! I feel like a rabbit with all of these salads. I would rather fit size 8 jeans than eat pizza. However, I wish people would not try to decide how much others should weigh.

sewmam: You are so impressive with your cooking and experiments. Part of enjoying maintenance is finding foods that you really love to eat. You are doing it. Now I am thinking I might try that crust..What barnd of soy prtein are you using? I have soy flour. Nice job on still losing.

Moms2: I..You are busy with all of your kids activities, especially on the weekends. I turned to convenience foods many times with my young kids..
Hard boiled eggs, sliced turkey, subway salads???

Patns: I have not trying adding soy to oatmeal..but get the Nashua Healthy Choice Oatmeal which is high protein.. Yes, I have noticed more energy for my job..which by the way is getting more demanding as those kids know we only have 6 more weeks of school and are reacting to the warm weather. What about you?

Cap: Good job on monitoring the sugars..How was the carne asada? I must admit that you can also cheat and get a cabbage salsa from a Mexican restaurant if you aren't going to make the Pico de gallo.
We are having fish tacos for dinner..same thing but fish.. I sprinkle ancho chili powder, lime juice, cilantro leaves, and chopped jalapenos on fish filets.Then spray it with olive oil spray..grill..eat with pico!

Warm weather here..Got carried away with interval training and am slightly sore!

Last edited by Maile; 04-17-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Girls! I guess I've been gone for a while. Business travel and vacation travel has kept me off-line. We just bought a cabin at the beach and have been spending a lot of time there. It has a very nice kitchen, so I've been able to fix meals and eat healthy when we're there.

I'm still holding steady at goal and am nearly to 7 months of maintenance. Yippee! Heading to Palm Springs this weekend with my girlfriends to do a little shopping. I find I only have one pair of shorts and they don't fit very well. I need a whole new summer wardrobe. Winter lasts about 10 months here, so I'm pretty well stocked, but some shorts and cute sleeveless tops would be nice.

It looks like you are all doing pretty well, fighting the good fight - same as me. I still have to read back a ways to catch up. I'm enjoying the Mexican food ideas. Those are my favorite diet friendly foods. Do you ever put salmon or tuna in a fish taco? Those are the fishes I seem to have a lot of.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #187  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Hi Girls! I guess I've been gone for a while. Business travel and vacation travel has kept me off-line. We just bought a cabin at the beach and have been spending a lot of time there. It has a very nice kitchen, so I've been able to fix meals and eat healthy when we're there.

I'm still holding steady at goal and am nearly to 7 months of maintenance. Yippee! Heading to Palm Springs this weekend with my girlfriends to do a little shopping. I find I only have one pair of shorts and they don't fit very well. I need a whole new summer wardrobe. Winter lasts about 10 months here, so I'm pretty well stocked, but some shorts and cute sleeveless tops would be nice.

It looks like you are all doing pretty well, fighting the good fight - same as me. I still have to read back a ways to catch up. I'm enjoying the Mexican food ideas. Those are my favorite diet friendly foods. Do you ever put salmon or tuna in a fish taco? Those are the fishes I seem to have a lot of.
Pauley. I am glad to still see you out there... Congrats on the purchase!! Old nayvy has quite a few cute summery clothes... definetly worth checking out... and they are fairly reasonalble as well

Hope everyone is doing well... Derby is keeping me pretty busy... My losses are still at a scretching HALT! I havent done much of anything to make them change... I can only assume that I am building muscle at the same time I am losing... but not noticing any difference in the last 3 months... Totally starting to get discouraged
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #188  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=Pauley;4297838]Hi Girls! I guess I've been gone for a while. Business travel and vacation travel has kept me off-line. We just bought a cabin at the beach and have been spending a lot of time there. It has a very nice kitchen, so I've been able to fix meals and eat healthy when we're there.

Hi Paulie..Great to hear that maintainenance is going so well. 7 months is a very very good step. How fun to have a beach cabin. I have not tried it with salmon or tuna..only white fish. It is a Bobby Flay recipe. You could google salmon taco. I think the tuna is mild enough that it should work.
You are lucky to get fresh fish. I am eating frozen.

Hi Jellymae: I am sorry you have hit a plateau. That must be frustrating ..Could it have something to do with all the training for derby increasing muscle mass? Are you eating enough? You must be in incredible shape with all of that Derby..How long does the season last?

Last edited by Maile; 04-17-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #189  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

[QUOTE=Maile;4297872]
Quote:

Hi Paulie..Great to hear that maintainenance is going so well. 7 months is a very very good step. How fun to have a beach cabin. I have not tried it with salmon or tuna..only white fish. It is a Bobby Flay recipe. You could google salmon taco. I think the tuna is mild enough that it should work.
You are lucky to get fresh fish. I am eating frozen.

Hi Jellymae: I am sorry you have hit a plateau. That must be frustrating ..Could it have something to do with all the training for derby increasing muscle mass? Are you eating enough? You must be in incredible shape with all of that Derby..How long does the season last?
I fell like I am eating enough... I wouldnt think that I am eating too much... on practice days i oftern add another shake in... So I dunno what the deal is...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

sewmam: You are so impressive with your cooking and experiments. Part of enjoying maintenance is finding foods that you really love to eat. You are doing it. Now I am thinking I might try that crust..What barnd of soy prtein are you using? I have soy flour. Nice job on still losing.
The one I have has my health food store brand on it, but it says it is 'Solae Supro' which is marketed under different labels - just saw some on Amazon. It is Soy Protein Powder, unsweetened, vanilla, Non-GMO. Each 28g scoop has 110 calories, 1g fat, 0g carb, 24g protein, 250mg sodium, 25mg potassium.

It says 'do not use for weight reduction.' Not sure why, unless it is not considered a complete protein so you don't want it to be your only source of protein. I just use it to augment my protein intake, and rarely use a whole scoop. It is labeled 'vanilla' but it is subtle, and doesn't interfere with savory dishes. In another thread, I just read that amino acids can block the bodies absorption of protein, but isn't that what's in IP? I think I'm confused...

I don't know what the difference between soy flour and this is, but on the back it says ' IPP SUPRO NON-GMO soy protein isolate'
Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

I read a quote that was used as a profile pic and it went like this "girls that are naturally thin are lucky, girls that have to fight for it are STRONG!"
2ride- I get the "salad??!!??? Eat already!!!!" comment more than I appreciate. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong (which is what it is intended to I guess) and then I started questioning if I should be eating more/ differently and tried that theory out to the tune of a couple pounds and decided that no, salad is indeed where I need to be to fit contentedly into my size sixes. I am happy with salad and I am happy with my size and gosh darn it all I'm not going to change either of those things for anyone regardless of the guilt. Or from a thin friend I sometimes get 'salad? I never eat salad only pizza, burgers, junk food you know?". Never sure how to take that one. Yes, I eat salad because I'm watching my weight but I also enjoy it and it is good for me. Fat or thin junk is junk. Almost have to be glad that I have to watch my junk intake because I'm sure in the long run it will make for a much healthier me.
Maile- I absolutely loved the carne asada especially the pico de gallo! Wrapped it all up on a lettuce wrap closed my eyes and delighted in the fireworks show in my mouth. So, so, so yummy!! Thank you for mentioning it! I, too am sore today had a different strength instructor and she's pretty brutal...
Mom2cs- funnily enough I had almost exactly this conversation with SewMam last week and now here I went and did the same thing. I did have a couple hard boiled eggs yesterday but didn't have them as quickly as I should have. Worse was the gummy vitamins on an empty stomach. I am learning that I can't even have the flavored vitamins... Guess at least I'm learning...
Today was a low carb day to try to counterbalance...
SewMam I am going to try the cauliflower crust tomorrow night...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=JellyMae87;4297901]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

I fell like I am eating enough... I wouldnt think that I am eating too much... on practice days i oftern add another shake in... So I dunno what the deal is...
Ok, this will not be a popular opinion I would up the fat content of what you are having for a few days. Try red meats and more olive oil. I stall when I am eating really low fat.
You body has likely totally adjusted to what you are have been eating for so long and needs a shake up.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Hi. I'm struggling Maintenance has been hard these past couple of weeks. I'm having a hard time staying in the 1400-1500 calorie per day range. I'm having a hard time not eating carbs (baked goods and sweet treats). I'm having a hard time making myself exercise. I've been going WAY overboard on my free days. I feel deprived on my non-cheat days. I was literally chasing after my toddler today and the woman I was talking to said, "I see how you stay so thin." HA! Are you kidding me? This is WORK! When do I get to the point that I am satisfied eating what will allow me to maintain? I'd like to fast forward please.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Lee- I know you're pain. Last month was like that for me. Came back from vacation kind of unsettled and it got progressively worse and culminated in the birthday party week of free day/ phase 1 day for a week. Felt awful and spinny but committed to a week of Phase 1. Then the two weeks of clean eating phase 3. For me it's too much to let the sugar monster out once a week and reign it in again it slowly gets more and more unmanageable. So have had to commit to giving up sugar. It's the only way that I can see making lasting change because otherwise the sugar will win and it's a battle I refuse to lose. Sugar alcohols in gums, diet pop, sugar free syrup etc can also make you 'hungry for more' because your body is expecting calories it never receives. Just know that you can beat this. As for exercise... Have you found something you really enjoy? It will make the biggest difference in wanting to do it... I'm rooting for you- so admired your tenacity in chasing off the holiday weight and the extra few... Maybe try Phase 3 for a week to set your eating pattern (3 meals + 1 or 2 snacks) and cut yourself off from baked goods even on the free day. This was my advice to myself and I do feel a lot more in control. Hope you can get your plan sorted as well...We can make it through... A year is approaching and then we will be halfway to maintenance on autopilot that is supposed to happen at the 2 year mark apparently.
Jelly- the hardest thing can be trying to lose fat while you're gaining muscle. Your body will start to burn your muscle for energy for the activity you're doing. Could be that you're losing fat and gaining muscle too, though. Hardest part though is the psychological aspect of not seeing the scale reward the amount of effort hat you're putting in. Have to agree with patns to up your fat intake, it's best when you're active on a ketogenic diet...
Pauley- it's great to hear from you and that you're doing so well! Enjoy your shopping trip- it's the biggest reward of maintenance getting to see new clothes on the new you!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #195  

Quote:

Hi ! I just started Phase 4 and really admire those of you who can do this and succeed - I'm experimenting with what works for me now and loving every bit of it. The vision of a cabin by the beach is in my head now...I love the west coast. Used to live near Portland and it was so beautiful, but every time I'd take a drive to the coast, it took my breath away.
Closed Thread