Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #1  

Post This seventeen yr old on IP needs HELP!!

Hi everybody! My name's jacqueline and i'm seventeen, it's my 7th day on IP and i'm completely surprised at it! I started at 145 exactly and yesterday i had my first weight in which came out to me being 139.6...so i'm happy about thatt! A lot of people say that i look skinny and perfectly fine but i'm doing this for myself and i was wondering if people more experienced with IP could help me out a little or give me their opinions!

My goal weight was 130, as of right now i weight 139.6. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how long it would take me to lose those pounds and if i should lower my goal weight to the 120's. I'm 5'6 so i don't want to look too skinny after this, just happy with my body!

If anyone could help me out and give me their opinions, i'd really appreciate it! I have prom in about two months and i want to look good!

Last edited by Jacksterrrrr; 03-30-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Jacksterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

130 sounds okay (maybe even a little too thin) for someone who is 5'6, but 120 sounds like it might be too thin. More important though then a number on the scale is your body fat number. You want to be in the healthy range to stay healthy. Just a warning though, those last 10 pounds are generally really difficult to get off, especially if it's too much of a loss for your body. The first week is always a big loss, but it always slows down after that especially since you don't have much to loose. Just follow the program, eat all of your veggies and get in your supplements, and you will get there if it's right for your body. Have fun at the prom.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksterrrrr View Post
Hi everybody! My name's jacqueline and i'm seventeen, it's my 7th day on IP and i'm completely surprised at it! I started at 145 exactly and yesterday i had my first weight in which came out to me being 139.6...so i'm happy about thatt! A lot of people say that i look skinny and perfectly fine but i'm doing this for myself and i was wondering if people more experienced with IP could help me out a little or give me their opinions!

My goal weight was 130, as of right now i weight 139.6. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how long it would take me to lose those pounds and if i should lower my goal weight to the 120's. I'm 5'6 so i don't want to look too skinny after this, just happy with my body!

If anyone could help me out and give me their opinions, i'd really appreciate it! I have prom in about two months and i want to look good!
First off congrats on the weight loss. To be honest I’m just a wee bit taller then you and I will NEVER go under 160 as it’s too thin for my frame, I think 120 is too thin. Second off, I’m surprised a clinic would allow someone who is 17 on the program, Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Herbal Magic etc do not allow people under the age of 18 on their programs, as your body is not fully developed until your early 20’s. I’m also even more surprised a clinic would allow you to be a client as your height/ weight is well within a NORMAL HEALTHY BMI. Thinner doesn’t always look better….
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think a general rule of thumb is for a young female is 100 pounds at 5 feet and 5 more pounds for each additional inch. it depends on body type but 130 would probably be OK.
A word of caution though. My very attractive neice was always 130 at 5'6". For her wedding she dieted down to 120 to fit into her stapless gown. In her wedding pictures she looks awful. I overheard a family member say it is unusual to see wedding pictures in which the mother of the bride and her elderly grandmother look healthier than the bride which was unfortunately true.
After two babies she is back up to 130 again and looks fantastic.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143/125/115

Height: 5'2

Hi! I'm 17 right now too, well about to be 18. But this is my second round since I gained it back (didn't phase off) and it took me 2 months to lose from 140 to 121. I am 5'2.
xjennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 143/125/115

Height: 5'2

& I also agree that 120 might be very very little. I'm 5'2 and when I was 120-115, people told me I was really thin & shouldn't lose more. You're about 4 inches taller so maybe 125-135 is a good range for you.
xjennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I think skinny/too skinny are culturally set. My oldest child daughter is 5'10 and a size 4, pretty thin by American standards. Several shop owners told her she needed to make sure to wear black pants because her thighs were too big! (they don't even touch) When I expressed my outrage and indignation to her over the phone, she told me that by comparison to the local people, it was true--she was big!

All that is to say, I think you should work in close contact with your coach, and see how it goes and lose until you feel comfortable with how you look. I'm sure you are gorgeous right now and have nothing to worry about for prom!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote