Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #61  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
As Sandralosingweight mentioned, the $10 OFF is for International orders. However, for US residents, the Free shipping is offered for orders over $49 instead of their usual $99.
Hello, just wanted to let you know that I am also in Montreal As well as busymomx4.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #62  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

I am obsessed with the proti diet liquid concentrated drinks. I love the grape and the tropical fruit. the grape reminds me of welches juice and the tropical fruit tastes just like cherry kool aid. They are liquid so no need for a shaker bottle. i just pour into my water bottle and shake. the blue raspberry one was gross in my opinion.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #63  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I am obsessed with the proti diet liquid concentrated drinks. I love the grape and the tropical fruit. the grape reminds me of welches juice and the tropical fruit tastes just like cherry kool aid. They are liquid so no need for a shaker bottle. i just pour into my water bottle and shake. the blue raspberry one was gross in my opinion.
I also love those drinks. I have the grape one before I work out in the morning...really good. I've just ordered the pineapple one. Can't wait to try it. We're leaving for 2 weeks in Costa Rica in July and will take alot of those for our long walks ;-) So easy to use, I just mix it in a regular bottle of water.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #64  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello, just wanted to let you know that I am also in Montreal As well as busymomx4.
That's good to know ;-) I saw that you were using Costco RTD shakes, I was thinking of buying them but would like to know if they are similar to IP? Thanks ;-)

On another note, there was a sale of the Jamieson Slimdown bars in the drugstore and I purchased the Almond Coconut High-Protein. It is really good, I love the coconut taste that reminds me of Bounty chocolate + a subtil taste of almonds. Will buy again.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #65  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

anyone order from dr. bernstein..apparently they carry ip shakes??? rtds?
Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks to all of you who have written review so far, great information! My DH has started the protocol with me and I got him a bunch of Proti-Thin products. So far he is hit and miss with the taste. I compared the nutrition with Proti-Diet and I think I will get those next time.

Speaking of which, I notice most of you are ordering from Nashua, well when I went on Proti-Diet's company website, and the prices are a lot cheaper! They are $8.75 per box as opposed to $12 from Nashua. I think they might actually be in Canada (due to my estimated shipping charge) so it might be easier for you peeps up there also.

Just passing on the savings, cause every little bit helps right?!

http://www.protifoods.com is the website for them.

Last edited by sprite613; 05-28-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Good to know!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #68  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
That's good to know ;-) I saw that you were using Costco RTD shakes, I was thinking of buying them but would like to know if they are similar to IP? Thanks ;-)

On another note, there was a sale of the Jamieson Slimdown bars in the drugstore and I purchased the Almond Coconut High-Protein. It is really good, I love the coconut taste that reminds me of Bounty chocolate + a subtil taste of almonds. Will buy again.
What is RTD?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #69  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite613 View Post
Thanks to all of you who have written review so far, great information! My DH has started the protocol with me and I got him a bunch of Proti-Thin products. So far he is hit and miss with the taste. I compared the nutrition with Proti-Diet and I think I will get those next time.

Speaking of which, I notice most of you are ordering from Nashua, well when I went on Proti-Diet's company website, and the prices are a lot cheaper! They are $8.75 per box as opposed to $12 from Nashua. I think they might actually be in Canada (due to my estimated shipping charge) so it might be easier for you peeps up there also.

Just passing on the savings, cause every little bit helps right?!

http://www.protifoods.com is the website for them.

What is Proti Diet and can you really use this in place of the IP Packets and be in Phase 1?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #70  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
What is RTD?
Ready to drink
Old 05-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #71  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
I am doing alternates but, yes following everything.

OK, except for one slip-up about a week ago, I ate a filet-o-fish (even took the top bun off, as if that made a difference, haha) OMG IT WAS SO GOOD! I went through the drive thru and got another! Haha the girl at the window laughed.

But I normally eat like garbage all the time, seriously bad. I've been so good on this diet, I hope my body doesn't get used to it and explode when I eat some pizza.

I've been tracking my food on my iPhone and everything!
I just got some ketone strips and tested this afternoon and it is "moderate 40" but that scale hasn't moved a pound.

Oh I also had some protein chips yesterday, I didn't realize they had 14g carbs.
I really don't want to turn into "that crazy dieter girl" who freaks about everything either.
How many restricted are you eating in a day? Are you drinking enough water and getting your 4 cups of veggies in? There is no way you can't lose on this diet.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #72  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
What is Proti Diet and can you really use this in place of the IP Packets and be in Phase 1?
Hi foxxy,

RTD is ready to drink, the boxed drinks.

There is lots and lots to learn about what is called alternatives. They are items that are fairly equivalent to Ideal Protein products (remember, I said fairly). ProtiDier is one manuafacturer of these alternatives. You just have to be careful as not all are created equal to IP products. Every IP product is carefully formulated to exactly what they feel makes the program work. Alternatives are for all different plans, so some have too many carbs or calories or fats and might use aspartame, which is something that should be limited or eliminated on IP protocol.

On one of the alternative threads (buried a few pages back) there is a comparison spreadsheet listing IP products and a lots the alternatives showing the comparison with nutrition. Again, you also have to check ingredients.

There are a couple of reasons you will hear about alternatives on this forum, they are less expensive and are available online for those who do not have access to IP products.

I suppose I could go on and on, but I've tried to answer your questions, at least at a high level. The best is the IP program and products. No research, no counting, just follow the protocol sheet and their products and it works.

Molly
Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #73  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi foxxy,

RTD is ready to drink, the boxed drinks.

There is lots and lots to learn about what is called alternatives. They are items that are fairly equivalent to Ideal Protein products (remember, I said fairly). ProtiDier is one manuafacturer of these alternatives. You just have to be careful as not all are created equal to IP products. Every IP product is carefully formulated to exactly what they feel makes the program work. Alternatives are for all different plans, so some have too many carbs or calories or fats and might use aspartame, which is something that should be limited or eliminated on IP protocol.

On one of the alternative threads (buried a few pages back) there is a comparison spreadsheet listing IP products and a lots the alternatives showing the comparison with nutrition. Again, you also have to check ingredients.

There are a couple of reasons you will hear about alternatives on this forum, they are less expensive and are available online for those who do not have access to IP products.

I suppose I could go on and on, but I've tried to answer your questions, at least at a high level. The best is the IP program and products. No research, no counting, just follow the protocol sheet and their products and it works.

Molly
Thanks Molly for the explanation. That helped. I think I will just stick with protocol.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I have ordered from Nashua, Lindora, Diet Direct and have found good sales at all of them. I am big on the Healthsmart cheesecake pudding with WF strawberry on top ")
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I really really like the Healthsmart Caramel Nut Bars, I don't care for the Proti Diet Key Lime Bars or the Strawberry Cheesecake bars, really fake taste. I like WeightLoss systems Toffee Creme Pudding (ordered from Nashua), I also liked their brand of Cheesecake pudding. I try anything once and everyones tastes are different. I can't stand WF, except the jams and a limited amount of the caramel. I threw out several bottles of dressing and the marshmellow, I thought they tasted like chemicals and I am a chemist. lol
Closed Thread