Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Make yourself the chocolate cake in the mug!!....I had it last night for the first time and loved it! I watched it POP out of the cup, actually kinda funny!...I told my son hurry up come look....lol...and POP went the second one....lol....its our new "fun" thing to watch.....lol
You need a life!!! Just joking, so glad to hear of your great weigh in yesterday.

Don't get carried away and use all the packages at once just to see the explosion!

Last edited by patns; 03-29-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Congrats on all the losses and NSV's today. I am out of town and trying to stay OP, making good choices and using the packets. All the talk today about being strong and taking charge makes me realize I need to own this program and stop hiding in my room at night. I need to go socialize with the other hockey parents and stick to my guns and not give in to the alcohol. I read a lot about how your body has to burn that first before it can burn fat and that a drink can set you back a couple days. I do not want that. I have a goal and I need to stick with it.
I was the party girl, so I worry everyone will notice that I am not drinking, but I know I just need to enjoy everyone's company. Thanks for th support even though it wasn't given directly to me. Everyone's post is so helpful.
They will all thing you're pregnant! Lol!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

About to make Chocolate Mug Cake for the first time! You all made it sound so good! Thank you!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #94  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Needing advice again.... I get very busy at work and end up getting home late, having had only a morning and lunchtime IP product, then sit down for a filling dinner (no IP product) around 7:30 or 8:00. I head to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 and am not one bit hungry. Should I still get my (3rd) evening IP product in, even though I'm not hungry for it or anything else? Does it matter if I just don't have that 3rd IP product? Seems silly when I am trying so hard to lose, to MAKE myself eat when I'm not hungry.
Once again, thanks everyone for sharing your advice and experience. I will make sure I get the 3rd IP in every day!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #95  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi fellow IP'ers. I've been lurking for just over a month now and I finally have some time to post! I've been reading as much of the stickies as possible and find all the information SO helpful, but having a full-time job + being a part-time student doesn't allow me much time to post.

Unfortunately for me today I had to leave work early because I have been extremely sick. It started about two days ago (sore throat and congestion) and I have been trying to fight it. Today at work I was having dizzy spells and couldn't keep any food down (I tried having a lick of extra salt but didn't help).

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced increased colds while on this diet. I have not been sick for a few years, so wondering whether it has to do with the diet or if it was just time for me to get sick. There has been huge changes in weather over the last week so I think it might be that (temperatures have dropped drastically overnight).

My question is; how do people "cope" with being sick on IP? I don't want to go off protocol, but I am having a hard time keeping any food down. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
First week weigh in....9.8lbs!!!!!!! 6 1/2"

Fabulous!! yes, this is a great diet.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
WI #13 today - another 3 lbs are gone and have joined the other sad little 54 lbs that have bit the dust! Very happy with my loss

My office has requested home made cinnamon rolls for tomorrow and I will happily bake them (kneading is a good workout). My daughter loves them, too I don't mind - I can make them anytime when I can have them again in a few months. Going thru a strong phase these days
You are a great role model!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #98  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat83 View Post
Hi fellow IP'ers. I've been lurking for just over a month now and I finally have some time to post! I've been reading as much of the stickies as possible and find all the information SO helpful, but having a full-time job + being a part-time student doesn't allow me much time to post.

Unfortunately for me today I had to leave work early because I have been extremely sick. It started about two days ago (sore throat and congestion) and I have been trying to fight it. Today at work I was having dizzy spells and couldn't keep any food down (I tried having a lick of extra salt but didn't help).

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced increased colds while on this diet. I have not been sick for a few years, so wondering whether it has to do with the diet or if it was just time for me to get sick. There has been huge changes in weather over the last week so I think it might be that (temperatures have dropped drastically overnight).

My question is; how do people "cope" with being sick on IP? I don't want to go off protocol, but I am having a hard time keeping any food down. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I am sorry you are getting sick. I know people from all over that have colds, bronchitis, etc right now. I think this is going to be a bad spring for illnesses. I am sorry I can't help you with how to cope with it. I am sure someone will be able to.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #99  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
p.s. I will accept any extra prayers or positve thoughts lol
You have mine. You've had advice for me in the past which was greatly appreciated.

My DH has tried many times to quit (about 30 years now). He knows most is psychological after being off for months, but something will start him again. It's a lot like making up your mind to lose weight. You've got that determination, so hopefully it will extend to quiting smoking. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Molly
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #100  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Ok, back from weigh in...down 3 pounds! I'll take it!!

That's the good news.

The bad news is someone hit me with the grumpy stick today. Hard. I've behind in my work all day and the toddler decided to become a member of the Poop-in-the-Tub Club. I felt weak and ate 2 bars in one sitting. Sigh. What should I do with the rest of the day? Should I skip my evening packet or alter dinner somehow?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #101  

Default Going on Phase 3 Saturday

Hi Everyone!

I am to start phase 3 tomorrow or Saturday.

Do you know if you are expected to lose weight on phase 3.

Can you workout?

I am going on vacation and going off the program after i do a few days in phase 3.

Also do you know how many calories we are eating a day in phase 3?

Sorry for all the questionsmy coach does not have a lot to say...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #102  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am sorry you are getting sick. I know people from all over that have colds, bronchitis, etc right now. I think this is going to be a bad spring for illnesses. I am sorry I can't help you with how to cope with it. I am sure someone will be able to.
Thanks so much for your concern mooselove

I definitely think it has to do with the weather, as a ton of people I know are all sick or getting there. Last weekend it 22 C (about 72 F) and overnight it dropped to -4 C (25 F) This sucks! I was so loving all the warm weather and sunshine.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #103  

Made the chocolate mug cake. Ate it.

So. Good.

May have it for breakfast tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #104  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Every morning I have a bar or cookie with my coffee....it's my indulgent time! And my IP evening snack is usually a pudding which I enjoy (had been skipping it sometimes which I won't do anymore!). And of course, dinner is my protein and veggies. Lunch was the meal that was stumping me. I've tried several of the IP products such as the soup and soy patties, and they just don't have much appeal. Last week at my weigh in my coach's assistant - who lost over 100lbs herself on IP and has maintained it for over a year now! - told me she would get a big salad for lunch and her IP would always be the chocolate drink. I've done that this week and thoroughly enjoy this plan. Do most of you "drink" your lunchtime IP like this? If not - what do you have?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #105  

I drink chocolate drink at lunch and have hot veggies and a salad.
Closed Thread