3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/28/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255769-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-3-28-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 03-28-2012 04:45 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/28/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

3sisters 03-28-2012 07:50 AM

Good Morning! Need some advice on how to stay OP this weekend when I host a big family get-together for my son who will be here visiting. It will be in the evening - dinnertime - so will be ok all day OP until I'm confronted with cooking and all the NON-program foods tht will be served. I'm grilling turkey brats/italian sausage - so know I can have that, and will have plenty of cut up veggies I can munch on - but any tips on how to keep myself away from the other "stuff" - my old nemesis foods?

Sewmam 03-28-2012 07:56 AM

Good morning everybody! I woke up at 5 and it's already almost 7. Where does the time go?

Anyway, after feeling a rocky start to Phase 4 yesterday, today I am renewed and determined to figure out what works for me. It is an evolving thing, this interaction with food, and requires constant awareness and an adjusting. I want my new life, my new health and I want to enjoy it too!

So, I am going to work on creating a routine, just like I had during Phase 1 and it served me well. With so many more choices available, including bad ones, routine is even more important to me. I've created index cards (after reading somebody else's idea here...) for my favorite breakfast combos, easy to make when I'm half asleep. I will figure out what snacks I can have in the afternoon and plan for them, so when I'm exhausted or stressed, I do not grab what's on the shelf.

That's my goal! Hope you all have a lovely day!

Sewmam 03-28-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 4270549)
Good Morning! Need some advice on how to stay OP this weekend when I host a big family get-together for my son who will be here visiting. It will be in the evening - dinnertime - so will be ok all day OP until I'm confronted with cooking and all the NON-program foods tht will be served. I'm grilling turkey brats/italian sausage - so know I can have that, and will have plenty of cut up veggies I can munch on - but any tips on how to keep myself away from the other "stuff" - my old nemesis foods?

For me, planning exactly what I will have helps. I made it through a family reunion for a wedding, and was so obsessed with Phase 1 that I did not cheat, amazingly. I had planned every meal and that made the difference. Remembering that the things you may eat in the spur of the moment, are temporary pleasures. You can wait. It's worth it. The positive feedback on my progress from my family also helped. :)

Good luck and enjoy the visit!

mamacitaof2 03-28-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Just think about what you want more? Do you want to be healthier and skinnier or do you really want that off program food? The food will be there when you journey is over. If you have an urge to cheat, grab a packet instead. It's better to cheat with OP food than off program foods.

Is there someone that can help you be accountable that you can go to? If you start craving or wanting someone, tell that person "please talk me out of this".

Stay stong. You can do it!

mamacitaof2 03-28-2012 08:04 AM

Happy Hump Day everyone! So glad it's Wednesday and I'm hoping the week continues to go fast. My mom is coming to town with weekend and we are going to the Hunger Games! I can't wait!!! She is OP too, so we are going to make Kale chips and bring a resticted with to the theater as our "treat".

I'm also excited to hear about weigh ins today. I know Wednesday is a big day for a lot of people and can't wait to hear about everyone's success!

Samba 03-28-2012 08:24 AM

Good day, everyone!

My back strain is the worst one ever! My leg is numb and I am wondering about disc and nerve involvement this time. I have been in bed a lot. Today will be my third day of therapy on my back. They want me to walk so I am going to try it and maybe even ride the bike.

This has made me not get all my meals in:( Just did not want to eat or get around to fix it. We will see if I have any loss of weight this week:?:

Hope everyone is doing well on their IP plan. I am still so excited about the whole thing! Weight loss has been good, my health improved and I am inspired to learn more about nutrition!

Chloe222 03-28-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Like the others said, planning is key but also, for me, is to keep myself full. I'm going to try this today which is to take choc pudding and make choc milkshakes out of it because it will extend twice as far as a choc drink, so I've been told. Take pudding, adding maybe 10 oz water, 4 ice cubes or so, maybe a little vanilla extract or Waldon Farms choc sauce to give it a more intense flavor, and sip that. Need a strong blender of sorts (I use a Ninja) to break down ice and whip up mix so really feels like a shake. Counts as 1 unrestricted. Others also add 2 cup of spinach to this and it makes it creamier, can't taste the spinach and you get your 2 c of veggies in. This is really good. I foresee myself doing this long after IP is over.

Also use kosher dill pickles to help take the hunger away, celery pieces filled with Waldon Farms whipped peanut butter (the PB isn't tasty on its own but when you put it on celery, much of the chemical taste is masked, so I can make it work).

You can do this and you'll feel so proud when the weekend is over and you stayed strong, and you are feeling better, looking better! Another benefit is that you will be a great role model for anyone else there trying to lose weight.

mtnsun4 03-28-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Can we have turkey brats?? If so, YEHHHHH!!! I am going to pick some up this weekend! Can we? Seriously? Thanks!
Good morning all! Off to another fun filled day at work. I have my egg and big salad packed for lunch with some bbq curls....yum!

girlpower79 03-28-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Just remember..if you go off plan you will lose a few days of weightloss..I was doing really well was down 13.7 lbs in 10 days then had wine..still went down 2 lbs that day so i decided to have wine again and pizza this time (someone mentioned as soon as you cheat it is easier to cheat the next time, CORRECT) then the scale went up 2lbs and stayed there for 2 days...i am now back in ketosis..I bought the strips and this a.m I am back on track but lost a few days...stay on track and focus! It feels better to miss out and know you were strong than to give in and feel bad for 2-3days that you lost momentum! I am new at this but this is what I feel. I am now not sure if my body will be as quick at losing as it was before the cheat days...

Samba 03-28-2012 08:44 AM

I don't know the definitive answer on turkey brats. But, when I looked at the nutrional info on them, they did not seem to be a good idea to me. I try to stick to unprocessed foods for my meat portions. Don't know what my coach would say about the brats though?

girlpower79 03-28-2012 08:57 AM

Energy Drinks or things w/ higher caffeine

I used to drink Red bull for years..I do not anymore...then I was drinking some cocoa powder w/ oats, almond milk and chia seeds or seeds like that as my power drink! I miss having something like that...is there a drink like that we can have that is 0 carb 0 fat 0 sugar...even a pop is pop restricted ? i was never a pop drinker...
my husband is out of town i am exhausted adn have to clean the house tonight..i am always in a better mood if i have a power drink!?!?! I know sounds weird but it is a bit of a mind or matter booster...

Thanks for anyone who knows of something..i guess someone said Monster has a low carb one...?? I have ot look it up ..

WingnutandMe 03-28-2012 08:58 AM

Good morning all you IPers.

I need some prayers. My DH is on his way to court. The could turn very bad. Both of us tend to live in Murphy's world (my boss once said Murphy is camped in our front yard giving training lessons to new Muprhys). Anyway, He accidentally miscalculated twice and of course, he got caught.

He was to go help my best friend in another city fix her exercycle, but first meet she and her grandsons for pizza. He was running late, did not have her number, and instead of calling me to call her, figured he could make up some time out on the open road (first miscalculation) Wrong. He got stopped for speeding. He has not had a ticket in over 20 years, so he was really nervous and shaking. Since he was shaking, plus had just used a breath spray, the officer decided to give him a sobriety test. Personally, I feel he was profiled as he is very skinny, worn face from 30 years of smoking, and has a tattoo on his arm. Being scared (and about as coordinated as I am), he couldn't pass the sobriety test. Here comes the BIG miscalculation he had drank some Vodka the night before (early morning, he was just coming off nights and couldn't sleep). It would be 5 or 6 hours before he was to drive, but what he didn't calculate was it was on an empty stomach and he's small (5'9" 145 lbs soaking wet) and apparently doesn't metabolize alcohol like the books say. So, between the Listerine breath spray and some residual alcohol, the breathalyzer was at the legal limit. The officer took him into town to the hospital for a blood test then he was arrested (that was my first nightmare last summer - couldn't find him for 6 hours).

Now, finally court. Unfortunately, his blood test came back .051. Georgia has this rule that anything over .05 and what the officier deems reckless/unsafe can be considered a DUI. So, does his speeding ticket fall under reckless? It's not at the legal definition of reckless, but not just a few miles over (11).

I ask for prayers, please. I know this is all in the hands of God on how the judge and the officer see the facts on how bad it is. He always tried to do the right things. He's not a drunk and a very good guy. He wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone.

He asked me not to go with him to court, so I'm home going crazy. How I would love to eat all those comfort foods from before, but I will not.

Thanks for all of you on this forum to be there for IP things and for things that are not. :hug:
Molly

Maddymoe 03-28-2012 09:10 AM

Excited for my weigh today!!! I am feeling so good and strong!

thin4me 03-28-2012 09:25 AM

Good morning everyone!!

I was talking to a different coach yesterday who suggested I do the "IP alternative plan" for Phase 1. I had mentioned I walk on the treadmill or stairmaster for 20 min and have started lifting weights and doing arm and leg excersises (alternate days). I have been eating a hardboiled egg prior to my workout but she said my body should have extra carbs.

Has anyone else been doing the IP Alternative Phase 1, I know some have because they are diabetic or young adults, but has anyone done it so they can exercise?

Looking for feedback to see how it works and whether it hinders your results, I would still like to lose another 7-10 lbs before moving to phase 2.