Old 02-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #1  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Default Day 4 on IP

Soooo this is where im at. Day 1 awesome, Day 2 stomach flu, Day 3 awesome, Day 4 Awesome. Sounds great right? Well I feel super fit today for some weird reason. I dont think I have hit ketosis yet. When I had the flu I was vomiting and couldnt keep a thing down. I had half of a can of plain tomato soup, it was that or nothing...terrible I know but when ur sick it sucks! Im kinda down today. How can you tell when youve hit ketosis? Im trying really hard. Im 175 and my goal is 135...help! Thx guys
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Give it 4 full days. Your pee smells, your breath might. And you will be less hungry
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #3  
Started IP 02/01/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Give it 4 full days. Your pee smells, your breath might. And you will be less hungry

hmmm kinda hard when im eating asparagus (pee smells anyway) lol my one sick day may have messed it up......Im still STARVING lol I have 40 lbs to lose im told this will take approx 2-3 months on this diet...does that sound right?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

hmm im on the end of day 5 and my breath stinks..like.. i have this grose taste in my mouth non stop...it sucks! no matter what i use..i chew gum all the time to get rid of the taste..my mouth always tastes sickly sweet..and my pee smells sweet too..sickly sweet..im pretty sure when you cant stand the smell of your pee or your breath, it will be a good sign..Are you sure your hungry??? or is it mental hunger?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #5  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
hmmm kinda hard when im eating asparagus (pee smells anyway) lol my one sick day may have messed it up......Im still STARVING lol I have 40 lbs to lose im told this will take approx 2-3 months on this diet...does that sound right?
Everyone's weight loss is different, but 3 months is not unseasonable - if you average 3lbs a week for 12 week, that's 36lbs

Stay strong, its 7.21am here on a Sunday, day 11, and I am AWAKE this morning at 5.30 - cant tell you the last time I freely got out of bed at that time on a weekend!!!!

Keep 100% OP and you will watch those pounds drop!

Cheers/S....
AussieonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/240/170

I am on day seven of IP, have my first weigh tomorrow. I feel really good. I thought that I would be sluggish or hungry all the time. But I have not. So thankful!!!!!!!!!!!
seljg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I am on Day 4 also. I had some "hunger" yesterday but awakened feeling good this a.m. My stomach is not growling, so I don't think I am truly hungry.

The problem for me is my history of eating habits. When I am going about my day, those times when I would have snacked or eaten inappropriately are triggers for me. I am trying to stay aware of this and drink my water or a hot infusion when I feel that compulsive urge. It is going to take me some time to move to a new approach to food.

Other than those moments, it is going pretty well. I like the structure of the IP plan as I don't need to be making a lot of food decisions at the outstart. It takes some of my "crazy" about food out of the equation. I am dedicated to sticking with it and that is keeping me fired up through the beginning.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

I too like that fact that most of my food decisions are made for me. On other programs you spend so much time thinking about food, planning what you are going to eat, weighing, measuring, it drove me crazy. On this plan I know exactly what I am going to have. For those new to the program, you feel really energized after a month or so, before that you may have some ups and downs. If you breath is really bad eat a few celery sticks and have a glass of water, it does help.
QHLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #9  
Started IP 02/01/2012

fer me the hard part is no gym...walking doesnt do much for me lol
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Arrow Full To the gills

I am on day 4 of IP too and I can't eat anymore food. I was told I would be less hungry, but I can't finish my dinner I'm so full. Do I need to set the remaining 1/2 cup of veggies aside and finish them later? Or can I be done with them now. My program does the snack after dinner only, so I still have one meal to go. Is the 2 cups of veggies 100% no wiggle room or can I decrease a little so I am not uncomfortable eating too much for my stomach?
alex1space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I'm only on day 2 of IP and i'm also really full with the meals that I have to eat the veggies.. and I'm already so sick of lettuce. The only veggies I like are cauliflour and broccoli. If I eat only those two vegetables is that OK? I also get really full and can barely finish the 2 cups of veggies.
It may help if you eat your snack between lunch and dinner, thats what I do and it works out perfect.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #12  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Default Day 1 IP

Just wanted to say hello I am new to this site and to the IP program today is Day 1!! I have a lot to lose but I am supermotivated by you all!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1space View Post
I am on day 4 of IP too and I can't eat anymore food. I was told I would be less hungry, but I can't finish my dinner I'm so full. Do I need to set the remaining 1/2 cup of veggies aside and finish them later? Or can I be done with them now. My program does the snack after dinner only, so I still have one meal to go. Is the 2 cups of veggies 100% no wiggle room or can I decrease a little so I am not uncomfortable eating too much for my stomach?

You can spread your veggies out through out the day as long as you are getting in your 4 cups. I sometimes will have a cup as a morning snack, a cup for lunch, a cup for an aftermoon snack and then another cup with dinner and then save my ideal protein snack for the evening while watching tv. I usually have it an hour before I go to bed.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/197/145

Height: 5' 7"

I just finished day 2. I'm ok with breakfast, but the other meals are too much food for me. I'm spreading out the veggie servings with feedings every 2 hours. I can only eat half of the IP foods as well. I had to throw out half of a pudding because I was too full and didn't think it would keep over night.
ariaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Soooo this is where im at. Day 1 awesome, Day 2 stomach flu, Day 3 awesome, Day 4 Awesome. Sounds great right? Well I feel super fit today for some weird reason. I dont think I have hit ketosis yet. When I had the flu I was vomiting and couldnt keep a thing down. I had half of a can of plain tomato soup, it was that or nothing...terrible I know but when ur sick it sucks! Im kinda down today. How can you tell when youve hit ketosis? Im trying really hard. Im 175 and my goal is 135...help! Thx guys
Hi. I felt terrible the first two day. Very nauseas no vomiting tho..I do think you can reach your goal of 40 lbs biased on what I have seen and researched. I never tested for ketosis but did have the metallic taste in my mouth. Scientifically, if you follow protocol...it is hard not to be in ketosis. Good luck
Lettuce wrap is offline   Reply With Quote