Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good day, everyone!

My back strain is the worst one ever! My leg is numb and I am wondering about disc and nerve involvement this time. I have been in bed a lot. Today will be my third day of therapy on my back. They want me to walk so I am going to try it and maybe even ride the bike.

This has made me not get all my meals in Just did not want to eat or get around to fix it. We will see if I have any loss of weight this week

Hope everyone is doing well on their IP plan. I am still so excited about the whole thing! Weight loss has been good, my health improved and I am inspired to learn more about nutrition!
So sorry you are having such a hard time still. I am still laid up too with my sciatic nerve.....pain going down the front of my leg to my knee. Long week of staying in bed and I HATE staying still. Good luck, hope something gets figured out soon for you.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

Just got back from WI and I lost 5 pounds this week. whooo hoooooooo
I am still sick so that stinks but The WI was great.

have a great day!
Yay good for you! Feel better, no fun being sick!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Hello everyone!! Great WI morning. I'm down another 3.6 lbs for a total of 25.4 lbs in 6 weeks!!! FANTASTIC if I do say so myself. This morning I put on my FAVORITE Harley Davidson top and was able to keep it on as it fit!!! WHOOO HOOOO
Side note.. I want to post pics but I'm not sure how to do so.. Any insight??
Good for you, love when old clothes fit after a long time of not.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
No, this isn't allowed. I would not recommend it even if they are low in everything, there is a lot of sodium in most of them

Have you tried the MIO black cherry or the Green Thunder? Both of those have energy and are tastey....so you might check it out

If you are following the sheet and are in your 5th day you should be in Ketosis. I never felt any different, some say the craving stop, bad breathe and such but I never got any of this.

to post pics....go to User CP and edit your signature or your avatar...scroll down and you will see where you manage attachments and there is where you can do it!

3sisters.....keep your water with you at all time and chew gum. I know for me if I am chewing gum I don't want to put anything in my mouth. All of that food will be there the NEXT family reunion and you will be MUCH healthier and happier. Stick to the program, you will be happy that you did!

Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
Wow wow wow.......that is amazing, good for you.......you have lost a whole person!! You should be very proud. I hope I can stay as focused as you have for as long as I need to. I worry every week that I am going to derail at some point and not be able to get back on.
Great job again........amazing.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Hello All!
Congrats to all the "losers"!!
Today was my WI day and even with my TOM I am 4lbs lighter! Today marks my 1st full month OP and to be honest I did not think I was going to make it. This week has been the best week so far, even with my TOM and the PMS I feel great. I actually was craving the BBQ Crisps so that made it much easier to stay OP!
I realized the other day while makeing dinner for my luvy's that i know the food i was making for them is good, but some what disgusted by it LOL it was ok for them to eat it, but I wanted nothing to do with it. I dont look at food the same anymore.. its either a PROTIEN, CARB or and EMPTY OK food lol. I like that. I feel like I have set my self free from the emotional hold food had on me! Which is great for me, since i have battled with eating disorders for years. I feel free, thanks IP!
Good for you.........I feel free right now, because I have had no cravings at all, just going into my 4th week tho, so worried as time goes on that I will not be a diligent and slip. My goal is to visit this forum every day or times when I feel like I need something off program. I hate that food has controlled me for so long, I hope this is it too!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 View Post
I know this is a little silly, but I was wondering if anyone else dreams about eating high carb foods. I don't have cravings or temptations to eat during the day, but all night every night, all I dream about is eating carbs and cheating. Will this go away?

Congrats everyone on the big losses today!
I have had the same problem........not every night but a few and I remember feeling so disappointed in myself then to wake up and realize it was a dream............wew. It must be because we are so focused on no carbs......it creeps in when we rest. Weird I know. Hope it passes with time, I am only approaching my 4th week.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 187.4/ticker/145

Height: 5'10"

It's been a long time since I've been on here. After reading your post, I feel like I need to be on here each day to get me motivated again. Maybe that will get me back on track. Thanks so much!!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

If absolutely nothing else (and there will be plenty else, I'm sure!) doing the IP diet has expanded my culinary horizons. Tonight I ate turnips and a salmon burger, which I've never tried before at the age of nearly 35. The turnip fries could have been crispier but the salmon was delicious. I also managed to make a pretty decent deviled egg using the WF mayo.

Quick question, my salmon burger was only 4 oz and I ate one egg - is this enough protein? I will be having an extra packet tonight because I ran my butt off at work today and needed the extra energy.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #84  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
It's been a long time since I've been on here. After reading your post, I feel like I need to be on here each day to get me motivated again. Maybe that will get me back on track. Thanks so much!!
Welcome back!

You need to get addicted to this forum. It is so informational and so motivating. I have withdrawals if I can't read all the posts from the Daily Chat each day. It keeps me going. In my 11 weeks, I've had periods of real discouragement, but someone always says something that picks me up or provides the information I need to work out my issues.

With the support here, you can make it and stay on track.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, so much great news in here today, love it!

Big huge congrats for all the SV this week - way to go, ladies!!

And wuv - you go, girl! That's just fantastic!!!! I look forward to following in your footsteps.

I tried Miracle Rice for the first time tonight and it wasn't bad. Didn't really taste like much of anything so I'm wondering if the add on is worth it in the long run. I know there's 'nothing' in it, but still.

Made a new dish tonight with an uber low carb peanut sauce I found that's 'coach approved' in small doses. Steamed up some green beans (I know they're for limited use but I haven't had them once since we started) then tossed them in the frying pan with zucchini and chicken and added 1 tbsp of the peanut stuff. Such a nice change from what we've traditionally been doing! And with the Miracle Rice I almost believed it was a regular dish.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 247/174.8/150

Height: 5' 3"

I weighed in for week 34 this morning and for the first time in WEEKS lost more than 1 or just over that pounds-2.8-and it felt GOOD! I've gotten so many good tips from this forum, and I know it's what motivated me to really stick with it again.
My coaches have told me to cut back on the WF products because they can slow things down. Has anyone else heard that? My favorite snack is a deviled egg made with just the WF honey mustard mayo--YUMMY I have started measuring the dressing for my lunch salad, and am trying to only have one WF per day. Also have cut back on the restricted items to see if that helps get things going again.
I mentioned that I'd found this site and was told to "stick with it-there is a lot of good information and motivation there".
Congrats to everyone on the amazing weight losses, and yes-look at the long term, not the weekly losses. I made that mistake and it's easy to get discouraged. Even with the several weeks of little or no loss, I'm still averaging 3 pounds/week over all, so I need to stay focused on that. I have 22.8 more to go to my goal of 95 pounds. I know this place is going to be a huge help! Now I'm going to go whip up that delicious sounding chocolate mug cake for my evening snack
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #87  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Default Turkey brats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
A few weeks ago I came across lean turkey brats that were low in carbs, I think 1 or 2g per serving. I had 1 as my dinner protein a few days during the week and they did not affect my loss. They were super delicious, too! I also had an egg or two though since it wasnt 8 oz by itself. My coach reviewed my log and never said anything so I think they're fine.
My coach told me Turkey bacon was ok - even gave me a recipe using Turkey bacon - so I asked if I could have the Turkey Italian sausage and she said "Sure!" Now I'm wondering...... Had rutabaga "fries" last night for the first time. They were SO GOOD - no WAY could these be OP! I've definitely found a favorite!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #88  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I tried Miracle Rice for the first time tonight and it wasn't bad. Didn't really taste like much of anything so I'm wondering if the add on is worth it in the long run. I know there's 'nothing' in it, but still.
Did you cook the Miracle Rice in with the rest of your dish? It has no flavor of its own, but will pick up the flavor of what it's cooked in. Cooking it that way is important. I often just stir fry mine with lots of garlic, chili paste, and carb-free soy sauce. It then tastes like all the flavorings.
Molly
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #89  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning! Need some advice on how to stay OP this weekend when I host a big family get-together for my son who will be here visiting. It will be in the evening - dinnertime - so will be ok all day OP until I'm confronted with cooking and all the NON-program foods tht will be served. I'm grilling turkey brats/italian sausage - so know I can have that, and will have plenty of cut up veggies I can munch on - but any tips on how to keep myself away from the other "stuff" - my old nemesis foods?
Thanks everyone for sharing all of your experience, wisdom and words of encouragement! I will keep all of that support in mind on Saturday! I know I can do it!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #90  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
3sisters.....keep your water with you at all time and chew gum. I know for me if I am chewing gum I don't want to put anything in my mouth. All of that food will be there the NEXT family reunion and you will be MUCH healthier and happier. Stick to the program, you will be happy that you did!

Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
Can I have any sugarfree gum or a particular brand?

Wuv2bloved - all I can say is WOW! I am SO impressed with the commitment you and so many of the other senior members have shown - it's inspiring to us newbies! Thanks to all of you for being so willing to share your experience and knowledge!
Closed Thread