Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good morning everyone!!

I was talking to a different coach yesterday who suggested I do the "IP alternative plan" for Phase 1. I had mentioned I walk on the treadmill or stairmaster for 20 min and have started lifting weights and doing arm and leg excersises (alternate days). I have been eating a hardboiled egg prior to my workout but she said my body should have extra carbs.

Has anyone else been doing the IP Alternative Phase 1, I know some have because they are diabetic or young adults, but has anyone done it so they can exercise?

Looking for feedback to see how it works and whether it hinders your results, I would still like to lose another 7-10 lbs before moving to phase 2.
My coach did not recommend this and I am a hard core exerciser, and she knows me well...

I have done a lot of research in ketosis and exercise. Once you are in ketosis your athletic performance should actually increase. If you feel you need anything extra it is protein or fat, not carbs.

Coaches are not experts. You should research this yourself and decide.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #32  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

Just got back from WI and I lost 5 pounds this week. whooo hoooooooo
I am still sick so that stinks but The WI was great.

have a great day!
awesome
Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
awesome
yay! good work!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #34  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

[QUOTE=girlpower79;4270631]Energy Drinks or things w/ higher caffeine

I used to drink Red bull for years..I do not anymore...then I was drinking some cocoa powder w/ oats, almond milk and chia seeds or seeds like that as my power drink! I miss having something like that...is there a drink like that we can have that is 0 carb 0 fat 0 sugar...even a pop is pop restricted ? i was never a pop drinker...
my husband is out of town i am exhausted adn have to clean the house tonight..i am always in a better mood if i have a power drink!?!?! I know sounds weird but it is a bit of a mind or matter booster...

Thanks for anyone who knows of something..i guess someone said Monster has a low carb one...?? I have ot look it up ..[/QUOTE

Mio
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
B
legal blood alcohol level in GA is .08. What is the BAC limit in Georgia?

The legal limit of BAC for a driver is .08. This means anyone driving on the roads in Georgia with an alcohol level of .08 or higher can be charged with drunk driving. Drivers under 21 can be charged with a BAC as little as .02 or effectively one drink of alcohol. For commercial drivers, charges can be brought on with a BAC of .04. If a suspect is found to have a BAC of .15 or higher, they may encounter enhanced penalties.
Chloe,

Yes, BAC in Georgia is .08. That's by itself. Also in Georgia, if there are other circumstances involved that an officer considers reckless or unsafe (such as my DH's 11 mph over the speed limit), the law states that it only takes .05+ along with those unsafe circumstances to make it eligible to be charged as a DUI. His attorney said Georgia is one of the few states that has this law.

Fortunately, it did not come to that. Right now, he is feeling really bad since he tries to do things right all of the time. You know how we're all our own worst enemies and critics.

Thanks for the concern.
Molly
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
For me, planning exactly what I will have helps. I made it through a family reunion for a wedding, and was so obsessed with Phase 1 that I did not cheat, amazingly. I had planned every meal and that made the difference. Remembering that the things you may eat in the spur of the moment, are temporary pleasures. You can wait. It's worth it. The positive feedback on my progress from my family also helped.

Good luck and enjoy the visit!

Hi, your post made me think of a quote from DR Oz that I had posted earlier. I will post it again here. It really made me realize the importance of preplanning. That is why so many of us find phase 1 easy after we get going on it. A routine is established and we don't have to think about it too much. With each of the following steps we need to reestablish a routine.

Dr Oz:

The average person eats up to 50% more food when distracted. Plus it takes about 30 minutes for your body to realize you are full, so if you are hungry when you sit down to eat, and you eat as quickly as most Americans do, you are just going to keep throwing down food before that feeling sets in.
The more decisions we make in a day, the more likely we are to make bad decisions-because deciding wears you down. You start making decisions in the morning, and by the middle of the afternoon,you're running on fumes. And as the day goes on, you start to crave more carbs especially women because women tend to make more of the day-to-day decisions in our lives than men.
So to the extent it is possible, don't make so many decisions. Do what you can to automate your life-and your food-during the day.
The number one reason Americans are heavy:the brain, very smartly, wants nutrition. But the average American is not eating nutrients; he or she is eating empty calories. So you finish that 2000 calories and the brain says; Keep going until you get nutrients.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good morning everyone!!

I was talking to a different coach yesterday who suggested I do the "IP alternative plan" for Phase 1. I had mentioned I walk on the treadmill or stairmaster for 20 min and have started lifting weights and doing arm and leg excersises (alternate days). I have been eating a hardboiled egg prior to my workout but she said my body should have extra carbs.

Has anyone else been doing the IP Alternative Phase 1, I know some have because they are diabetic or young adults, but has anyone done it so they can exercise?

Looking for feedback to see how it works and whether it hinders your results, I would still like to lose another 7-10 lbs before moving to phase 2.
What you have been doing has worked well so far and you are nearing the finishline.
I'd say if it isn't broke don't fix it.
The hardboiled egg you are having already sounds like a very good idea giving you a good protein boost before exercising.
Pat
Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #38  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning everybody

have a great day!
You are doing amazing!!! Keep it up
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Good Morning (it's early in Alaska). I am in week 5 and I had my very first day of wanting to eat all day long yesterday. I didn't crave anything, or think about any foods I couldn't have, but just felt hungry and wanted something to eat. I didn't have a restircted item, and I always do. So maybe that was it. I will make sure I have a restricted item today.

I have a few things going on with me that I wanted to see if anyone else has them too. I am freezing all of the time since I started IP and my nose runs clear liquid all day long. It will just pour out like water and I have a hard time catching it sometimes. Just seems strange to me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/191/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi everyone,
So today marked my three week weigh in, only 1 pound down this week, which was kind of upsetting considering how crazy I am with watching and keeping track of every calorie that goes into my body. (With the amount of food I am eating per week, I should be loosing at least 3 lbs a week, so i'm not sure what's going on) However, when I think about it, today does mark 15 lbs in three weeks, so in all honestly, i have lost approx 5 lbs a week, i guess i should look at it this way!

Just wanted to share, feels good to talk about this stuff! Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I have done a lot of research in ketosis and exercise. Once you are in ketosis your athletic performance should actually increase. If you feel you need anything extra it is protein or fat, not carbs.

Coaches are not experts. You should research this yourself and decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I'd say if it isn't broke don't fix it.
The hardboiled egg you are having already sounds like a very good idea giving you a good protein boost before exercising.
Pat
Thanks guys - perhaps I'll stay status quo, but the alternative sheet looks good
Momto2cs - I'm having a hard boiled egg with lettuce prior to my workout, what kind of fat are you referring to?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Good Morning everybody

have a great day!
yahoo!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good Morning (it's early in Alaska). I am in week 5 and I had my very first day of wanting to eat all day long yesterday. I didn't crave anything, or think about any foods I couldn't have, but just felt hungry and wanted something to eat. I didn't have a restircted item, and I always do. So maybe that was it. I will make sure I have a restricted item today.

I have a few things going on with me that I wanted to see if anyone else has them too. I am freezing all of the time since I started IP and my nose runs clear liquid all day long. It will just pour out like water and I have a hard time catching it sometimes. Just seems strange to me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
I don't know if it was IP or just losing all my weight, but I was freezing all winter long. Really hard to deal with, especially if I had a hat, gloves, long underwear and sweaters on, in the house!

My nose is sure dripping more now, but I think that is the early spring we're having here.

Hang in there and good luck to you!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Chloe,

Yes, BAC in Georgia is .08. That's by itself. Also in Georgia, if there are other circumstances involved that an officer considers reckless or unsafe (such as my DH's 11 mph over the speed limit), the law states that it only takes .05+ along with those unsafe circumstances to make it eligible to be charged as a DUI. His attorney said Georgia is one of the few states that has this law.

Fortunately, it did not come to that. Right now, he is feeling really bad since he tries to do things right all of the time. You know how we're all our own worst enemies and critics.

Thanks for the concern.
Molly
Molly,
Glad things turned out OK. Sometimes things like this happen to prevent something else worse from happening in the future, just a thought.
Chloe
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #45  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I woke up at 5 and it's already almost 7. Where does the time go?

Anyway, after feeling a rocky start to Phase 4 yesterday, today I am renewed and determined to figure out what works for me. It is an evolving thing, this interaction with food, and requires constant awareness and an adjusting. I want my new life, my new health and I want to enjoy it too!
So, I am going to work on creating a routine, just like I had during Phase 1 and it served me well. With so many more choices available, including bad ones, routine is even more important to me. I've created index cards (after reading somebody else's idea here...) for my favorite breakfast combos, easy to make when I'm half asleep. I will figure out what snacks I can have in the afternoon and plan for them, so when I'm exhausted or stressed, I do not grab what's on the shelf.
That's my goal! Hope you all have a lovely day!
I LOVE the idea of the index cards. I'm definately going to use that especially with trying to get 4 kids ready in the mornings, the temptation to just grab something quick I'm sure will be there. Thanks for sharing and continued success on your maintenance!
Closed Thread