Old 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #16  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I had this same experience and noticed the same things I had let slide (well except for the sleep part).
I also noticed my protein choices was almost always chicken breast which has zilch fat in it.
So I measured out my oil and used it on my salad which I had several times a day. I also added some red meat back in place of all the chicken. Often if is about what we are not eating that slows things down. I also added krill oil as omega oil was making me nauseous.
Good luck. Sometimes as we get used to eating less we let some parts of the plan slide without noticing.

Pat
So true! I used olive oil to saute my bell peppers for lunch today and put them on my lettuce - it worked great. It is amazing what a difference the "little" things make!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #17  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

I just had this happen in week 5. Did not lose one pound and thought I had been perfect. I bought ketosis strips and was coming in at trace. Called an emergency meeting with my coach and this is what he said. I was using the true lime, orange, grapefruit. The label says 0-0-0 but when you read the ingredients it has cane sugar as a bulking agent? I was drinking lots of seltzer and that can affect some people. I had read this here posted by someone else but chose to ignore it. I was eating my restricteds as an evening snack. Was using Mio sparingly and also eating the altoids small both with sucralose. He said he would stay away from anything with "lose". I have drank nothing but plain water, Cut my restricted down to 4 a week and am eating them earlier in the day. My ketosis strips are now at heavy. I have NO idea which if not all the changes made this happen but my weight loss is back up to almost 1/2 lb. a day. Tweek whatever you can! Good Luck.
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Your stats are great! You didn't even have that slow 2nd or 3rd week. Your slow week waited until week 4. It happens. Keep doing the diet, following the protocol, and the weight will come off. People experience weeks of little to no loss, even gains, but it's all part of the process. You will be fine. This diet works. If it makes you feel better, post a few days of your food journal. If there is something you are doing wrong, one of us may notice it. Otherwise, just keep going.
Paint Lady couldn't have expressed it better. Well said! I always remind myself "This diet works" to get me through tougher times because it really does work!!!

Keep going UNDHockeyFan!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Those true-lime packets are very tasty (and natural!) but yes, they have sugar in them. That, and they are too expensive!

A lot of powders will have maltodextrin in them as an anti-caking agent, but the body sees it as sugar, so you have to watch that.

Some people swear that having too much splenda or aspartame laden products will stall weight loss. We must not get enough of the splenda in the IP to do that, but if you add up all the other possible sources, like Walden Farms, sugar-free mints and drinks, it may be a problem. I did read an article that said the brain detects any sweet substance, regardless if the pancreas is triggered or not, and creates a desire for more. So cravings for sweet stuff may increase if you eat too much of that stuff. I noticed that at one point, I was scarfing down spoonfuls of the chocolate and caramel dips, and sugar-free jello every day, so I had to stop that, if only for my own sense of self-control. I still use the WF stuff, but as ingredients, not just to scarf down because it says 0-0-0....
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #20  
Starting again 6/9/13

GREAT feedback ladies!! You're wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!!! I have a lot to think about here!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for posting the question... I'm
Sure there are many who have been or will be bummed out with a slow loss, nil or small gain WI. As much as I know the program works- when the scale doesn't reflect your hard work that week it is disappointing look for other markers of success- how do you feel? Do u have more energy, did u loose inches, are your clothes a bit looser? I think I met the "whoosh fairy" last week with a 5 lb loss in week 4... But I am mentally preparing myself for a couple slower WI weeks for week 5 &6. If that happens I'll be back to the thread to read all the great advice and words of encouragement I try to keep my focus on the big picture- how the progam has worked for me and others over the long haul... Everyone has ups and downs (day to day and week to week)... The important lesson is to not let it lead to self sabotage... Let it be part of this learning process to long term weight loss amd healthier lifestyle

Last edited by Journey36; 03-25-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Sp
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #22  
Starting again 6/9/13

Default Great thoughts...from a wise woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
Thanks for posting the question... I'm
Sure there are many who have been or will be bummed out with a slow loss, nil or small gain WI. As much as I know the program works- when the scale doesn't reflect your hard work that week it is disappointing look for other markers of success- how do you feel? Do u have more energy, did u loose inches, are your clothes a bit looser? I think I met the "whoosh fairy" last week with a 5 lb loss in week 4... But I am mentally preparing myself for a couple slower WI weeks for week 5 &6. If that happens I'll be back to the thread to read all the great advice and words of encouragement I try to keep my focus on the big picture- how the progam has worked for me and others over the long haul... Everyone has ups and downs (day to day and week to week)... The important lesson is to not let it lead to self sabotage... Let it be part of this learning process to long term weight loss amd healthier lifestyle
I'm glad that you thought that this was a good question to post and that you found it to be of value! I think that your comments were great - especially about self sabotage.

It's funny when I was going into WI#3 I had prepared myself for no to little loss and I came up with 3 lbs down, so my thought going forward is think loss going forward and know that like you said, ups and downs are part of the process!

You're doing great Journey! Keep up the great work my dear!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #23  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Some people swear that having too much splenda or aspartame laden products will stall weight loss. We must not get enough of the splenda in the IP to do that, but if you add up all the other possible sources, like Walden Farms, sugar-free mints and drinks, it may be a problem. I did read an article that said the brain detects any sweet substance, regardless if the pancreas is triggered or not, and creates a desire for more. So cravings for sweet stuff may increase if you eat too much of that stuff. I noticed that at one point, I was scarfing down spoonfuls of the chocolate and caramel dips, and sugar-free jello every day, so I had to stop that, if only for my own sense of self-control. I still use the WF stuff, but as ingredients, not just to scarf down because it says 0-0-0....
None of this stuff appears to be slowing down my weight, but I did have to stop the Mio because both times I tried it, it just got my cravings going too much. I know a slice of lemon in the water is much healthier anyway.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #24  

Maybe the pauses in weight loss can just serve to build our perseverance and determination in the end goal, knowing that the process we are following is sound.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #25  
Starting again 6/9/13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Maybe the pauses in weight loss can just serve to build our perseverance and determination in the end goal, knowing that the process we are following is sound.
LIKE!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

We all go through different losses each week, some have little or stall week and some of us keep going and going and way down the road have little or stall weeks. It all in our bodies and how they want to let the weight go. All we can do is be prepared for it when it does come. After being on the program for 11months now, I live week to week with knowing that I may or may not lose what I am expecting. I just stay on the program 100% and follow my sheet, the weight and inches sometimes choose to come off at the same time, sometimes at different times. This last week I gained 2lbs but lost an inch, how in the world could that happen right? Well its just my body reshaping again. I know some of you get frustrated when you have little or no losses but even though its not showing on the scale or the tape measure, your clothes are fitting different I can almost guarantee it and you are feeling 150% better than you did before.

Some of you may have a little to lose some of you a lot to lose, hang in there for the long run this is the BEST program ever. If I could be a Representative for IP and travel around the world to let everyone know how this program can and will change your life I would do it in a heart beat. I BELIEVE in IP with all of my heart, it has changed my life forever and I will NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WHO I WAS, this program has given me A NEW ME AND I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #27  
Starting again 6/9/13

Default Amen sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
We all go through different losses each week, some have little or stall week and some of us keep going and going and way down the road have little or stall weeks. It all in our bodies and how they want to let the weight go. All we can do is be prepared for it when it does come. After being on the program for 11months now, I live week to week with knowing that I may or may not lose what I am expecting. I just stay on the program 100% and follow my sheet, the weight and inches sometimes choose to come off at the same time, sometimes at different times. This last week I gained 2lbs but lost an inch, how in the world could that happen right? Well its just my body reshaping again. I know some of you get frustrated when you have little or no losses but even though its not showing on the scale or the tape measure, your clothes are fitting different I can almost guarantee it and you are feeling 150% better than you did before.

Some of you may have a little to lose some of you a lot to lose, hang in there for the long run this is the BEST program ever. If I could be a Representative for IP and travel around the world to let everyone know how this program can and will change your life I would do it in a heart beat. I BELIEVE in IP with all of my heart, it has changed my life forever and I will NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WHO I WAS, this program has given me A NEW ME AND I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!
You truly are an inspiration for SO MANY on this site...and I know that I've shared it with others and they will share too. You are wonderful and your words carry so much truth.

Thank you for being the wonderful woman that you are!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #28  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Thank you!!.....there is no sugar coating with me, its the truth no matter what...Some may say I give too much tough love but sometimes that is what is called for, when I give it I give it from the heart and no other way. Its because I care about each and everyone here no matter how far away you are.....Each and everyone of you have become part of an extended family.....going through this journey with everyone makes it easier for each of us because we are all so different and can shared and understand what we are all going through and can help others along the way.......Being obese was a way of life for me because I knew no other way, Now I know there is another way and this is the way I will choose to be. I never learned what I have learned on other diets, this one has taught me SOOOOOO much, That is why I believe in it so much!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #29  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Well said. Really when you think about what we are asking and expecting from our bodies, especially after years of complicancy and obesity, our bodies are doing some amazing things. Just because it can't show you a specific number at a specific moment of a specific week doesn't mean it is not responding to your request- there is just a lot of processes your body has to go through to meet your expectations.
Not sure if that makes sense, but Sundays are my days to sleep in and reflect.
Great topic!
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

YES, YES, YES! Me too! The farther in my journey that I get, the more confident I feel that I will NEVER go back to that place.