Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/21/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #2  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I hope everyone has a fabulous OP Wednesday!

My personal goal for Wednesday is to make sure I get in all my food and water....I didn't today (which is NOT good), and was beyond ravenous by about 11pm. Tomorrow I will do better at getting that food in on a regular schedule, instead of getting all caught up in work and life.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
You know my coach has a lot of muscle and can weigh much more than people thinks she weighs and wear a very small size.
Yes, I'm fitting into things that I would've had to weigh less to fit into previously! I'm quite happy with how toned I actually am, its a good feeling! That's why I'm wondering if I may end up picking a goal weight that is higher than 130. From this point forward I will have to take it pound by pound I guess. Not that I'm happy with where I am yet, just I'm starting to see I may not know what weight looks right on me til I get there.

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP day 4 more days and I get carbs for breakfast for my mini-phase 3!! I think my first meal will be sprouted grain bread toasted with almond butter & fat free greek yogurt with mixed berries *excited dance*
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Good Morning

Good Morning IPeeps:
Sorry I haven't been on here the past week. They have blocked me from the site here at work so I cannotget on to get my daily fix. But I have found another way to get to it, I just have to be very careful about logging in daily. So, this will probably be my only login today until I get home and am able to pry my daughter away from the computer.

to all the newbies!! It is so good to see so many more joining our wonderful little group!!! This is the best thing you could do for yourself. And if you have not been able to go thru and read all the other threads, just remember that any loss you have regardless of how little it it is, is a good loss. Your body has to catch up with what you have already lost and it will fight you to lose what it is so used to having. Hang in there and things will begin to fall into place.

I went to the doctor yesterday because of a little issue I am having and he was amazed at my loss. I was telling him that my goal is to get down to 130. He said that I will be too thin then, he suggests that I go to 150-145, no lower than 140.

Well better get off here for now, will try to get on later.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those that still have to weigh in. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Last edited by rissimo; 03-21-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #5  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!
Prayers sent and to all newies "this diet really works". I know seven people who have started after seeing my success and all are doing wonderful. What a gift to share "good health with friends". I so wish I would have found this diet years ago...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I have a long day today- work, then an evening meeting that will last until 7:45pm. I have to plan out my meals, and take a bunch to work. These days are rough but I have planned to get through it!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #8  

test
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Ideal Protein tonight is my first wi and I am at 9.1 lbs loss for the week!

I have been reading all your post for a week or so now, they are very helpful and had a lot to do with me actually starting the program, so thanks!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everyone! And a fine day it is!

I know what you mean about the scale not being the most accurate measurement of your health - I chose to phase out when I could fit into size 10 jeans (I was a 28-30 !), and a plastic surgeon told me I had 20 pds of skin, so my 155 scale weight was a virtual 135 lb, which was a healthy BMI. I have always had people tell me that I didn't look as heavy as my weight showed.

Anyway, today, I want to read up on the Phase 4 stuff, which I'll be starting next week. That, and continue my projects here at home to get the house ready to sell. Still have drawers of clothes that need sorting and donating. This week I got a new bra that is the best I ever had, and 2 pairs of pants on a clearance rack at Macy's, so I'm happy.

Have a perfectly delightful day!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Sewman, that's just incredible! Congrats on all your hard work. I hope to be singing a pretty similar song a few months down the road.

Morning, everyone. My goal for the day is to do a bit more walking this week. I've had a very stressful (for stupid reasons) few days and would like to try to just chill and be content/happy because of the positive changes I'm making. So hopefully me and the puppy will go on a nice long walk tonight.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Congrats on the weighing and welcome to the newbies. This is a great forum for support, especially for those of us with coaches who are less than helpful.

Wuv, how is your friend Hassan ?? I thought I would ask because his name is still on my prayer list.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #13  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!
I'm so excited that my work clothes are really starting to fit more loosley! There had been days in the past where I felt like I was "poured in" to my pants - now, they are nice and loose. Can't wait until I can drop a size!
This is my 2nd week on IP and loving it. Also loving the community here :wub:

rissimo - love how you put your pics in your siggy - wow, you look great!

My plans for today - work and then bible study at a friend's house. Because I'm on tap to work late, packed my lunch AND dinner as I might have to go straight from here to her house. Planning ahead and not just "hoping" to do well has made a difference since I've been on IP.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 03-21-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #14  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm back! Too many challenges having a St. Patrick's Day Birthday, Beer, corned beef, soda bread, BEER, etc. Gained 3.5lbs at WI on Tues. Back on track now! Went to track and walked and ran straightaways, as of this morning down 2.5lbs! I'm determined to lose those 3.5lbs and then some by next WI!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Great losses already!!! No surprise, I love IP....I have a questions, will antibiotics affect it at all? I tend to think no, but thought I would ask. I have an issue with my gums (lol) so I am on amoxicillin...other than that, rolling along. Hoping to be doen another 20lbs by the 2nd week in May!!! Going to Vegas for work/friends wedding....I know I can do this!!!
Happy Wednesday!
Closed Thread