Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!
Thank You, I never really thought of myself being an inspiration, but I am so glad to hear that I am. I am praying for you, hope all goes well. Let us know.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Height: 5'2

Good Morning/afternoon to you all,

Today is my 2nd day OP slight headache but I think that's because spring has sprung in Manhattan. But, I have water too to help with the headache. I have my foods for the day. So, Just time to work at the office till I see the Rangers/ Red Wings game at MSG with a girlfriend of mine, Wishing you all a GREAT day -Candice
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Yes, I'm fitting into things that I would've had to weigh less to fit into previously! I'm quite happy with how toned I actually am, its a good feeling! That's why I'm wondering if I may end up picking a goal weight that is higher than 130. From this point forward I will have to take it pound by pound I guess. Not that I'm happy with where I am yet, just I'm starting to see I may not know what weight looks right on me til I get there.

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP day 4 more days and I get carbs for breakfast for my mini-phase 3!! I think my first meal will be sprouted grain bread toasted with almond butter & fat free greek yogurt with mixed berries *excited dance*
Hi Tenniels,
Would you mind sharing the phase off protocol you are doing in preparation for your vacation? I am doing IP w/o a counselor as my location has a p/t, very sketchy IP operation. Would really appreciate it if you don't mind.

Many thanks,
Chloe
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Today is MY DAY!

today for the first time in 3 years, I WORE SHORTS IN PUBLIC... granted you have to get over the blindingly white paleness of them, but once you put your sunglasses on, they look pretty darn good.

just got back from weigh-in #7 and lost another 3 lbs. I thought after last weeks 3 this would be a small week, but no! 20 total
AND that 3 put me as having met my goal for the Easter Challenge!

off to spread more cheer around today, hope you all do the same!

Last edited by le506; 03-21-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!! Rain here this a.m. So biking is not in the game. I think I am ready to start some walking consistently. I've been on IP about 7 weeks. Weight loss is 26 lbs. I am very happy with that! I think it is good considering my age and medical status! I found an answer in IP!

Crazy this walking idea. It was not really my plan, but as I lose and feel better I feel this urge to move.

I am getting very interested in nutrition also. I guess the fact that I feel so much better and am off medication, opened my eyes to what good nutrition really might be and its power!

My son is brewing beer in the basement. Wow! The carbs of it all. Good thing I never craved beer! I am working on him to get the basement clear so I can have a place to exercise on these rainy days. I'd be surrounded by hop aroma down there now. Fortunately, my son listened to me about the carbs and maltose. He is not consuming and losing weight also. He got into a shirt from 8 years ago this week. He was just a kid then!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #21  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Morning! Great losses already!!! No surprise, I love IP....I have a questions, will antibiotics affect it at all? I tend to think no, but thought I would ask. I have an issue with my gums (lol) so I am on amoxicillin...other than that, rolling along. Hoping to be doen another 20lbs by the 2nd week in May!!! Going to Vegas for work/friends wedding....I know I can do this!!!
Happy Wednesday!
I've been on amoxicillin for twelve days now for a root canal and I don't think it has affected my weight loss. I had a loss of 6.2 lbs in two weeks. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky7285 View Post
Good Morning/afternoon to you all,

Today is my 2nd day OP slight headache but I think that's because spring has sprung in Manhattan. But, I have water too to help with the headache. I have my foods for the day. So, Just time to work at the office till I see the Rangers/ Red Wings game at MSG with a girlfriend of mine, Wishing you all a GREAT day -Candice
Sky,
Think I've read here that a helping of the IP salt (Real Salt brand) can alleviate a headache quickly. just sprinkle some in your hand, lick, drink water.

This a fabulous diet.
Chloe
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I've been on amoxicillin for twelve days now for a root canal and I don't think it has affected my weight loss. I had a loss of 6.2 lbs in two weeks. Hope this helps.
I too am on amoxy for a root canal. Going to get that tomorrow. I have not noticed a difference in weight loss.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Wednesday everyone! The sun is finally out here in Austin Texas today and the rain has moved on. Tomorrow it will be in the low 80's; love springtime in TX.

I've been doing a lot of reading the last couple of days about loose skin from weight loss and found out some interesting things, such as loose skin doesn't have to be a forgone conclusion of weight loss regardless of our age. I'm starting to find some on my backside, and it's not pretty. Basically the articles I've read said it's more of an issue of fat underneath the skin that is left over rather than skin that won't back bounce back. All of the articles state weight bearing exercises are crucial and so is taking collagen. I do both. They mention building up your lean muscle mass and loosing the fat, and not just going by what the scale says is key to the loose skin solution. That's why I was excited at my WI yesterday. The one pound loss was nothing to get excited about, but the gaining 3 pounds of lean muscle mass and loosing one pound of fat. now that was exciting. My fat loss has been extremely slow till I started doing more strength training at the gym. My coach has always told me, "I don't care what your goal weight is, I care about your body fat goal."

I hope everyone has a great day and congrats on all of the losses today.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #25  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Today is MY DAY!

today for the first time in 3 years, I WORE SHORTS IN PUBLIC... granted you have to get over the blindingly white paleness of them, but once you put your sunglasses on, they look pretty darn good.

just got back from weigh-in #7 and lost another 3 lbs. I thought after last weeks 3 this would be a small week, but no! 20 total

off to spread more cheer around today, hope you all do the same!
Way to go! Now your legs can get some color!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

So i purchased my IP products yesterday, but i am not going to start until Friday bc i hv to go out of town for a funeral. I hava a grocery list started so i will b prepared if anyone has any helpful items to add to my list please let me know. I hv read all of the advice on previous forums n i believe u guys hv prepared me well.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
So i purchased my IP products yesterday, but i am not going to start until Friday bc i hv to go out of town for a funeral. I hava a grocery list started so i will b prepared if anyone has any helpful items to add to my list please let me know. I hv read all of the advice on previous forums n i believe u guys hv prepared me well.
at the grocery store look for Mrs Dash (table blend and original I use daily)
I also use gallon size ziplock bags daily to cover veggies and salad with oil or dressing

also look if they have Bragg's Liquid Aminos its a natural soy sauce replacement that I use probably every other day for cooking my meats/stirfry - usually in the "healthy/organic" section or with the soy sauces

Last edited by le506; 03-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
Friday is a great day to start. That way if you don't feel good going through carb withdrawal (which can last a few days) at least you will be home and not at work for the worst part of it. Best of luck to you on this plan; it's great.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everyone! And a fine day it is!

I know what you mean about the scale not being the most accurate measurement of your health - I chose to phase out when I could fit into size 10 jeans (I was a 28-30 !), and a plastic surgeon told me I had 20 pds of skin, so my 155 scale weight was a virtual 135 lb, which was a healthy BMI. I have always had people tell me that I didn't look as heavy as my weight showed.

Anyway, today, I want to read up on the Phase 4 stuff, which I'll be starting next week. That, and continue my projects here at home to get the house ready to sell. Still have drawers of clothes that need sorting and donating. This week I got a new bra that is the best I ever had, and 2 pairs of pants on a clearance rack at Macy's, so I'm happy.

Have a perfectly delightful day!
Since you mentioned plastic surgeon: are you considering having the excess skin removed? If so, look into donation for burn victims. That may reduce the cost of the procedure. Not sure how reliable the info is but it's worth checking
out. A friend of mine mentioned it as she is preparing to have her arms tightened.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
at the grocery store look for Mrs Dash (table blend and original I use daily)
I also use gallon size ziplock bags daily to cover veggies and salad with oil or dressing

also look if they have Bragg's Liquid Aminos its a natural soy sauce replacement that I use probably every other day for cooking my meats/stirfry - usually in the "healthy/organic" section or with the soy sauces
Does the Bragg's have a similar taste? I've been using a low-sodium organic tamari but even that has alot of sodium. Have seen the Braggs but never tried it.
Closed Thread