Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Happy monday morning! HUGE NSV this morning, I got into a size 14 jeans which I bought and never wore since they didn't fit over a year ago! Most of my clothing is starting to look very silly as its too big on me now! No weight in this week for me as I started my new job and have to change my WI days to fit around work, day 3 at the new job (love it) and 1 week until we move into our new house! Other then that same old, OP having good and hard days! Good luck today on WI's for everyone and have a fab Monday!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
I hadnt heard that I will check into it I have taken it for awhile becouse I have a really hard time sleeping. Thanks
I also was having a hard time sleeping but had my hormones checked, started HRT using bio identical creams that are compounded at a local pharmacy and have started sleeping just about normally. it's been 2 months and within the first week, there was a huge difference. I fall asleep fast, only wake up a couple of times and on this diet, just don't need the amount of sleep I used to. So I tend to wake a little earlier and just want to get out of bed.

Not sleeping well will also impeded your weight loss.

I also started thyroid medication in the past 2 months after blood testing indicated I have a hypothyroid condition. They start you on such a baby dose (and still on that dose) that I don't the think the metabolism boosting/regulating function has kicked in yet. Just had more blood work done to check on the thyroid and will probably get new dosage this week.

Food for thought, maybe hormones and thyroid could be issues preventing good sleep. It's quite common as we age.

Hope that helps.
Chloe
Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

After preparing myself for another low WI..... I lost 5 lbs & 5 inches in week 4!! Despite two low WI weeks I stayed OP, tried to stay optimistic and listened to my body!! I knew IP was working- I felt good, my clothes were looser... I just had to be patient and wait for the scale to catch up and show me the results. Thanks for all your encouragement- This 4 weeks has confirmed to me that I can't "throw in the towel" at any little frustration or lack of progress. It is truly a journey for the body AND mind!!

Last edited by Journey36; 03-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
After preparing myself for another low WI..... I lost 5 lbs & 5 inches in week 4!! Despite two low WI weeks I stayed OP, tried to stay optimistic and listened to my body!! I knew IP was working- I felt good, my clothes were looser... I just had to be patient and wait for the scale to catch up and show me the results. Thanks for all your encouragement- This 4 weeks has confirmed to me that I can't "throw in the towel" at any little frustration or lack of progress. It is truly a journey for the body AND mind!!
Super!!

You are right, the body and the diet have their own ways and times. I have seen enough to begin to realze my job is not to worry but to eat as The plan says. It is sometimes hard to let go of expectations!

Last edited by Samba; 03-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
I have my first WI today. I can't wait. The weekend went so much better than I thought it would. Today went snow shoeing and was starved afterward, but had my veggies and dill pickle zippers with me and an extra protein drink. I haven't been eating lettuce with lunch and dinner. Really, what is the point of eating lettuce if you can't put anything on it. I don't have any WF and don't think my local stores carry it. Is it really that important to eat lettuce twice a day?
I am in Washington also....where are you going for your program?

Last edited by Diana B; 03-19-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I am in Washington also....where are you going for your program?
Fred Meyer carries some WF products, and I lloked on the WF website, it says Albertsons has them also, I'm gonna check on that.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #67  

NSV for me this weekend, I tried on a pair of size 18 slacks that I only wore once, and they were loose!! I am going to go through my closet sometime this week and will post on the clothes donation site on what I have...luckily I had saved some smaller sizes so I won't be short on slacks or jeans for a little bit anyway.......WI tomorrow, hoping for a good loss, the inches are going a little slower, except for week one when I lost 11 inces. Wishing everyone a great OP week
Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #68  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go, Journey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
... I have seen enough to begin to realze my jb is not to worry but to eat as The plan says. It is sometimes hard to let go of expectations!
Good thinking. I love IP because I don't have to micromanage, carbs, protein, calories, "points" etc. Just eat as the plan says. Sounds so simple, it's hard to believe.

Way to go, Diana, too!!

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 03-19-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomike View Post
I have a quick question. I was reading the Phase 1 sheet and saw that after two weekes on the program I was making a boo-boo. I was having the Spaghetti more then 2x's a week. Does anyone know how bad of a affect this has on my diet?
The best thing to do after making a "mistake" like that, is to just move on and be glad that you found it when you did so you can make a change!!

Although its not the end of the world, the Spaghetti (and the Chocolate Pancake) is one of the highest carb count foods on IP, which is why its limited to 2x's per week. I would just limit how much you use that food for a while and then in the future make sure you are only eating it as per the instruction sheet. It will probably not affect you too much as you just started, but know that it is possible that your numbers would probably have been better (not knowing what you lost in your first 2 weeks) had you not eaten them so much.

Welcome to IP!!!!! Best of luck to you on your journey!!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #70  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

A question - I see on this board people refer to the big "C" and the little "c."
I've figured out in context that the "Big C" is constipation.
What's the little "c"? I'm trying to figure out all the lingo... (insert sheepish smiley here - couldn't find one...)
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #71  

Default exercise anyone?

Maybe I am a little too eager, but I feel like I have so much more energy already.. Wondering on everyone's thoughts about exercising. I know it is 'forbidden' because we are consuming so few calories. But, I have read some people are running 5ks. I don't want to run a 5k, but would like to do some muscle toning exercises and maybe a little time on the elliptical machine. Thoughts? Wondering if I should add another protein packet or ?? Just a newbie, so all info is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlsab1 View Post
Maybe I am a little too eager, but I feel like I have so much more energy already.. Wondering on everyone's thoughts about exercising. I know it is 'forbidden' because we are consuming so few calories. But, I have read some people are running 5ks. I don't want to run a 5k, but would like to do some muscle toning exercises and maybe a little time on the elliptical machine. Thoughts? Wondering if I should add another protein packet or ?? Just a newbie, so all info is greatly appreciated.
Plus, kids are taking swimming lessons right now so they can be ready for pool season. I haven't worn a swimsuit in YEARS. Really want to be an involved mom and not just sit on the side of the pool. Thought maybe some kettlebell toning exercises might be good for the arms. ?? Whatcha think, ladies?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
My coach told me to wait at least 2-3 weeks before starting anything. I waited 2 months lol. She has now told me that I can do light aerobic exercise (walking) or light weight lifting. She has advised me to consume an extra packet when I'm done. I think this is another area where every coach is different!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Default Wuv, Need some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Hi Wuv,
On today's IP alternatives discussion board there are a lot of questions about the same thing and i'm finding myself confused too.

Question: What makes a restricted item "restricted"? Essentially, what are the nutrtional cut off points in calories, carbs, etc. that put 1 food in one category versus the other?

Thanks, and could you post that response in the IP alternatives discussion too (the one that patns started)? That would help so many of us!

Love the new picture, you are getting so thin!!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
My coach said exercise after week 3 was fine. After reading a lot in the exercise thread, I really learned a lot about things that are ok to do and what my heart rate should be while working out.

I've bumped up the exercise thread for you to take a look at. I hope it helps!
Closed Thread