Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #31  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! And a BIG HAPPY ST.PATTY’S DAY TO ALL!! Sorry it’s my FAV holiday as it’s also my Birthday! Yeppers the big 28 today! No big birthday plans as I don’t want to be tempted into cheating, so dinner at home is on the menu!
I had a realization a few months ago that I’m going to share, being 27 and the big 3-0 was quickly approaching I knew I really needed to do something about my weight as I truly hated myself and my life style, I did my research on IP and it took me a few weeks to make the ‘leap’ mainly because I was embarrassed as to how I had let myself go and the whole part of asking for help was a far out concept for me. The changes are slow and some days are much harder than others, but finally I have found something that works! Through this start of my journey I cannot express in words how thankful I am for each and every one of you who have given me tips or tricks and kept me motivated. You are all such wonderful people, Thank you!
Happy Birthday, and good for you for making a lifestyle change!

And as someone who is older and supposedly wiser, I would suggest that you STAY with your new lifestyle over time as opposed to slowly slipping back to a carb (and weight) heavy lifestyle like I did. I had the same approach you did and lost 40lbs, but slowly moved back to eating more carbs on TWO different occasions and have had to deal with losing weight a total of 3 times now. I definitely know how to lose it, but haven't mastered keeping it off...hopefully you will be stronger and smarter than me!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #32  
Jackieak

S/C/G: 147/135/118

Height: 5'1

Happy weekend all,
I bought the microwave chip maker yesterday, anxious to try kale and turnips. Fresh veggies are hard to find in AK, I am lucky and grateful to have a friend who owns a fruit and veggie business, he brought me the most wonderful looking turnips and baby bok Choy. I love spinach, but it is not loving me, right after I eat it my stomach rumbles and I get awful cramps, I assume I can't digest this well, odd because I'm fine with all other greens.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #33  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci3230 View Post
Good morning. Weekends have been challenging for me but I get strengh from all of you! I love reading all your posts! I am happy to say that they are forcasting nice weather so I am planning on taking my two dogs for a nice long walk. By the way, I just adopted my second dog from the shelter on Thursday. He is an 8 yr old cocker spaniel mix and a total cutie! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong.
Good for you for adopting an older dog! I volunteer at a no-kill cat shelter, and we have adults that have been there for years.

I am currently co-fostering 6 rescue kittens that I took in at 2 to 2.5 weeks...I would trade them (and their bottle feedings every 4 hours) for an older rescue in a heartbeat right now, lol.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #34  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
id you guys ever hear of anyone having serious health issues because of IP? When I googled it, they were talking about the dangers of ketosis for too long...liver and kidney problems. That is scary!!!
They are talking about ketoacidosis vs. dietary ketosis....there is a very big difference, and I just posted a clinical article on that the other day. Nothing to worry about.

Atkins is a ketogeic diet where people stay in ketosis for years....if there were issues with dietary ketosis, you would have heard about in the press long before now.

Editing to add: The primary concern with IP is that it may be nutritionally deficient...thus the supplements. However, it is recommended that blood levels be monitored on an ongoing basis, and it doesn't sound like many people do that.

I am personally getting a physical in the next 2 weeks, and will be requesting vitamin and mineral panels, as well as the typical lipids bloodwork tp make sure I am covered.

Last edited by bethanym; 03-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning fellow IPers! And a BIG HAPPY ST.PATTY’S DAY TO ALL!! Sorry it’s my FAV holiday as it’s also my Birthday! Yeppers the big 28 today! No big birthday plans as I don’t want to be tempted into cheating, so dinner at home is on the menu!
I had a realization a few months ago that I’m going to share, being 27 and the big 3-0 was quickly approaching I knew I really needed to do something about my weight as I truly hated myself and my life style, I did my research on IP and it took me a few weeks to make the ‘leap’ mainly because I was embarrassed as to how I had let myself go and the whole part of asking for help was a far out concept for me. The changes are slow and some days are much harder than others, but finally I have found something that works! Through this start of my journey I cannot express in words how thankful I am for each and every one of you who have given me tips or tricks and kept me motivated. You are all such wonderful people, Thank you!
Hi Billster,
Welcome! You made a great choice. The weight will come off fast and stay off as long as you watch carefully and follow the phasing off protocol. It's great to know that. They say, "This is the last diet you'll ever go on" - I know for me, it definitely is - I really like the IP approach.

Have a fun St. Patty's day! (Everyone)
Old 03-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #36  
TLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbeeL View Post
I just had my 8th weigh in, so I guess its time I introduce my self. My WI yesterday said I was down a total of 25 pounds which is half way to goal. My hope is to be at goal by the end of May. When that happens I get to go on a shopping spree for new clothes. I should have $1000 saved for it by then... Anyway I have been lurking around here since before I started the program so here is my official HELLO!
Awesome! I have only been doing this for a little over a week but jumped right in on the forum.....nice having support right at your fingertips. Sounds like we have the same goal of about 50 pounds. I wish I was half way there! I did lose 10 lbs. on first weigh in but I will be chasing you all the way to your goal! Good Luck and Welcome!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Happy Birthday Billster!!!! Your story is inspiring !

And a Happy St. Paddy's Day to everybody! I remember growing up in Chicago and seeing the parades, the green river, my Dad getting corned beef and cabbage for dinner, my Mom making a shamrock cake using 3 round cake pans and cutting a stem out of another one, complete with green frosting!

Guess I'll have some green vegees today! No Jamesons or Guiness for me yet, let alone green frosting. )
Today is really different for me too. I usually have a fabulous corned beef and cabbage dinner at my house and I make a fun dessert. But am going to a cocktail party at someone else's house tonight and so will absolutely eat a full IP dinner before going out and just have water while there. I'm bringing bacon wrapped scallops and I won't have one. I wanted to bring a clone of Tastycake's Krimpets in a 9X13 pan, but decided not to torture myself...
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #38  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Today is really different for me too. I usually have a fabulous corned beef and cabbage dinner at my house and I make a fun dessert. But am going to a cocktail party at someone else's house tonight and so will absolutely eat a full IP dinner before going out and just have water while there. I'm bringing bacon wrapped scallops and I won't have one. I wanted to bring a clone of Tastycake's Krimpets in a 9X13 pan, but decided not to torture myself...
Sounds like you are making some very smart choices....Good for you for staying OP!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers. Glad to hear everyone is doing well this morning.

I have an early bird offer. I have a whole box of WF Honey Dijon dressing individual packets. Not my thing. I will gladly send them off to anyone who wants them. Just send me a PM with your address. Gotta share what you can't use.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day.
Has anyone taken you up on these yet? I'd love to take them off of your hands I'll PM you
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #40  

What type of scale are you coaches weighing you in on? Doctor's scale or digital?? We are weighing our client's on a doctor's scale but I'm seriously considering switching to a digital scale that measures by .2. Thoughts??
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #41  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Happy Birthday, the best gift you could of ever given yourself was to start this program and give yourself your life back. Take it one day at a time, you will get there in no time. Inches and pounds will fall off faster than you think. Make sure to take PICS of your progress, Take one once a month, you may not see a difference in the mirror but pics side by side and it will WOW you....BELIEVE ME!!!.....ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
This is day 4 of my IP diet. I woke with a huge headache yesterday. This morning I can't sleep so am up early. I am a little apprehensive about the weekend. During the week I have a set routine, but weekends are freeform, meaning there are no set meal times and the kitchen is always available. Did anyone clean out their fridges and pantries when they started? I haven't yet, but am thinking it might be a good idea. I went to a benefit auction last night and stayed away from the food table, and drank water instead of wine. Tonight another test when I go out with friends to listen to music. Just trying to figure out how to eat when I am not at home and it is dinner time.

Is there a place where I can go to get recipes to make the packaged meals more palatable? I am not used to processed foods and some of the meals have either a chemical taste, or a strong powder taste like the mushroom soup, which I could not finish no matter how much I tried. I am determined to stick with it though. I am hoping the food grows on me.

My first WI is Monday and I am looking forward to that.
Here you will find lots of recipes along with the pictures supporting them...enjoy!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Happy St Patricks Day!! and happy birthday Billster!! I havnt been on in a week or so, I feel kinda behind. Anyways...I lost 1.5 lbs this week. Ive decided that this week I am going to get ALL my water in EVERY day and no restricted snacks I will probly just do 2 shakes a day. Im really feeling the pressure because we have our pics taken for graduation in 3 weeks and I would like to lose 7 or 8 lbs....then Id be in the 130s!!! Wow never thought Id see that number on a scale again. We are going to a st patricks day parade so I will do lots of walking...but I also have a baby shower to go to, Im sure there will lots of tempting foods but I WONT give in...summer is in 72 days!!
Cutting back to only 2 shakes and no restricted will HINDER your loss. Your body will go into starvation mode. DO NO CUT OUT ANYTHING TO MAKE YOUR LOSSES GO QUICKER......this will NOT make you lose faster. If anything ADD a shake if you are doing a lot of walking and running around getting everything you have to get done. If your body goes into starvation mode you will not lose!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbeeL View Post
I just had my 8th weigh in, so I guess its time I introduce my self. My WI yesterday said I was down a total of 25 pounds which is half way to goal. My hope is to be at goal by the end of May. When that happens I get to go on a shopping spree for new clothes. I should have $1000 saved for it by then... Anyway I have been lurking around here since before I started the program so here is my official HELLO!
Hello and welcome debbeel!

Today is going to be to clean this apartment that my child has turned into a dorm room while I was gone. I can't see the sink, cabinets, kitchen table, couches nor the floor....phew!....spring break for mom's with college BOYS are terrible....gotta love it though right?.....lol
Old 03-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #42  
Jackieak

S/C/G: 147/135/118

IE506
I just looked at your blog, it is awesome! So informative and you must be a computer guru, loved it and reading your journey is inspirational
Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I just got back from today's weigh in. Down 8.4 since my last weigh in 10 days ago. I'm thrilled!

Earlier this week I posted about a plan to cheat with some St. Patrick's day traditions. I'm glad I went here for support and got talked out of it. Woke up this morning really excited about not cheating and thoughts only of how I was going to have a 100% green OP day. I.e. as many green veggies as I can find. Broccoli, spinach, lettuce and cucumbers for lunch. Afternoon snack will contain some celery and blanched asparagus spears. Dinner will now be out with friends who will keep me on track. We are going to a dinner theatre. It is a roast beef dinner buffet so with the late afternoon veggie snack and control over what I put on my plate, I'll be able to stay OP.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #44  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crstyne View Post
What type of scale are you coaches weighing you in on? Doctor's scale or digital?? We are weighing our client's on a doctor's scale but I'm seriously considering switching to a digital scale that measures by .2. Thoughts??
Please, please, please do the digital scale. Even decimals are meaningful to those of us dieting. My coach has this platform scale with a rotary dial. I can't stand still on it and never really know where I'm at. Plus, it reads differently with the angle you look at it. Very discouraging. I've mentioned it to her, but she just ignored it.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #45  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Ugh...cleaning carpets is hard work, but good from a calorie burning standpoint!
Closed Thread