Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 3/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #2  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I am just heading to bed, but wanted to say TGIF and I hope everyone has a fabulous OP day!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #3  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wow Wuv got this off to an early start- I haven't even gone to bed yet. Just went to see He Vow...enjoyed it. WIs are on Fridays. Looking forward to that. Made yummy mushroom soup for dinner last night.V
It is interesting..I have lost 40 pounds now since my bday in Nov and nobody,except my son and sister, has noticed or said anything. I have gotten two compliments on my new cut and color, even though I haven't been to the hairstylist since my bday either. Lol...it is like they know something is different,but...it is interesting.

Well TGIF

Last edited by Tripmama; 03-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Wow Wuv got this off to an early start- I haven't even gone to bed yet. Just went to see He Vow...enjoyed it. WIs are on Fridays. Looking forward to that. Made yummy mushroom soup for dinner last night.V
It is interesting..I have lost 40 pounds now since my bday in Nov and nobody,except my son and sister, has noticed or said anything. I have gotten two compliments on my new cut and color, even though I haven't been to the hairstylist since my bday either. Lol...it is like they know something is different,but...it is interesting.

Well TGIF
People are funny...they'll notice soon enough, I'm not really saying anything to anyone, we'll see how it goes, lol. Have a great WI tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:

Well TGIF
That keeps happening to me too!! In class on Wednesday an acquaintance said she loved my new hair do - I haven't gone to a hairstylist since April 2011! It must be because our faces are shrinking and people assume the change is the hair. I've also found that people that you are not that close with won't say anything about the weight loss because it's such a taboo subject in our society. Friends and family with more personal relationships generally have no problem saying something - at least that's what I've found over the years of weight loss and gain!

Recently I've found that I can't sleep at night, so I crash in late afternoon early evening and I nap (I know I shouldn't). This makes me have a late supper then not be able to sleep well again - in the past 48hrs I have had roughly 10hrs of sleep yet I'm not grumpy or experiencing energy loss (other than my late day crashing). What's wrong with me!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

I have been having problems sleeping too! I get up at about 3 and then go back to bed about 4:30 but in the mean time I am wide awake. Then I want to sleep in!
Tripmama, no one has said anything about my weight loss either. Hmm, I bet in another 20 lbs it will become obvious.

Well I hope everyone has a great day. Stay OP!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Trouble sleeping here too! Up at 3. I lose weight in my face first so I got that too for a while. People would say "you look different, did you do something to your hair" Are you wearing the same clothes? Maybe time to find a few new things at the Goodwill. I found lots of cute clothes there while in between sizes.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Good Morning All!
I hope everyone has a great and 100% OP day!
I received my new VS perfume I bought myself as a little reward! I'm half a lb short of losing 15lbs
It's been slower than most but overall I'm happy with the results!

Last edited by CassiR; 03-16-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #9  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Happy Friday everyone!! WI#5 this afternoon, looking forward to it!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #10  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

WOOHOO! It's Friday. I had weigh in number 2 this morning and lost 3.8lbs. Delighted. It's crazy in work today. I work in an International school and it's International Day. Lot's of fun and FOOD from different countries. So far it's been easy to resist temptation. It's St. Patricks day tomorrow, I'm Irish and bringing the kids to an Irish all day festival. So, may the force be with me! Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

Well TGIF
My sister-in-law told me that she will never compliment me on my weight loss because she thinks it is rude! I told her that I loved someone noticing that I have lost weight and that she would'nt offend me at all. She said that she thinks it is rude when people tell others about how they look. She said it is your accomplishment, not hers. Thats okay with me, as long as my husband notices, that's all I care about!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

FrIdAy!!!!! And March Madness is on!...And the dogs and I are in the St. Patty's Day Parade tomorrow!

Looked at my totals today. There are 23.4 lbs gone! Total inches down is 19.5! The pounds have not just fallen off, but I am happy with this progress. I have 35.6 lbs to go to my selected goal. We will see if I need to adjust that. I am finding a pretty good muscle mass is under there! My abdomen not so much though. Really need to work on some core strengthening.

This week I did not lose any waist inches. In previous discussions some of us noted the losses seem to move around as we progress. Some of us noted the waistline was " stuck". I hope that starts diminishing again! I now have my "new" pants falling off my hips. Oh boy!

Really happy about feeling so much better being off the carbs. I ride my bike almost every day and walk the dogs often. I took the puppy on a walk at 5:30a.m. Before IP, I guarantee that never happened! It seems such a miracle to be getting my life back!! But, I know I still have to deal with my relationship with food. I know it is not normal from a physiological manner in the way my body processes carbs. It is also a huge emotional thing for me. I am realizing I actually have an emotional kind of relationship with food. That has to change for maintenance to work for me in the future.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I am feeling good this morning- had an NSV- I was able to put on a pair of jeans and wear them today because they finally fit! I have been trying each week to wear them and finally, this week, I can! Woo hoo!

Also, I had a talk with my coach last night about not being able to do IP due to the cost and that I would be doing alternatives. She made up a personal program for me using one IP product per day, (or two- depending on my budget) and nutritional values of different foods I could eat. She is still going to see me, track my weigh in's, track my inches lost- while still working with me. That was soooo awesome! I am happy that I can use a combo of IP and alternative products to do my program. Lovin' this program!!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Well TGIF
Lots of people are probably noticing something is different but so many are reluctant to say something if they aren't sure or think its a little too personal a comment to make. But, know those compliments will certainly be on their way this spring, especially when you sport some new spring clothes that show off your progress.
Keep up the good work!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! I am feeling good this morning- had an NSV- I was able to put on a pair of jeans and wear them today because they finally fit! I have been trying each week to wear them and finally, this week, I can! Woo hoo!

Also, I had a talk with my coach last night about not being able to do IP due to the cost and that I would be doing alternatives. She made up a personal program for me using one IP product per day, (or two- depending on my budget) and nutritional values of different foods I could eat. She is still going to see me, track my weigh in's, track my inches lost- while still working with me. That was soooo awesome! I am happy that I can use a combo of IP and alternative products to do my program. Lovin' this program!!

Have a great day all!
Wow, sounds like you have a great coach and she is interested in helping you not just helping herself to your money.

My DH is taking me on a surprise birthday trip--surprise in that I don't know where we are going-- but he assured me that I would be able to stay OP when we go out to eat Saturday night. That is my best NSV to date! He has been supportive of me since day 1 on IP and it never crossed his mind to ask me to go off plan just for this one day. He even asks me to make mashed cauliflower and big mac bowls now. I am so very lucky to have such great support both at home and here on 3FC. Happy weekend and happy St. Patricks day.
Closed Thread