Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Are you a coffee lover? My fav IP product is the chocolate drink mixed in a blender with ice and brewed coffee (not water). I have it for my breakfast and lunch IP product everyday. Have you tried the double chocolate bar? It makes me feel like I'm eating a brownie (kinda).

I've been told that celery and cucumbers are free. I keep them chopped up in the fridge so I can grab them at any time. I don't over do it, but use them if I'm feeling really hungry. It seems to do the trick.

Hang in there. IP does work! Before you know it, you are going to see great changes. You're going to love it It will totally be worth all the sacrifice.
Yes, I LOVE coffee! Thank you so much for the suggestions, can't wait to try them!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #62  
TLF

Had my first week WI today....lost 10 pounds and 9 inches!!! So excited and finally convinced this Ideal Protein diet will work for me!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #63  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF View Post
Had my first week WI today....lost 10 pounds and 9 inches!!! So excited and finally convinced this Ideal Protein diet will work for me!
Great job!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
What a great first week! Keep up the good work- you will see results (either scale, inches or clothes getting looser). I am basically a newbie myself (3 weeks) and the fast results is the best incentive
Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Does anyone have the nutritional values for the IP Double Chocolate Bar?
I'm wondering about the Carb, Calorie & Fat content....

Thanks

PS - They are amazing (for an IP product) if anyone out there loves chocolate like me!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
I made the mushroom soup last night like this:
Evoo, garlic/ginger, some orange bell pepper, shitake mushroom, portabella mushroom, and reg mushrooms all sauteed for a bit then added some chicken broth and let them work over medium heat for a bit. Then added some zuchinni and tumeric and garlic salt. Shook up the IP mushroom soup mix added it to the pan with a little bunch of baby kale- let it heat through. And enjoyed! I thought it was delish. Had some grilled Tilipia on the side. Thought it would be good with some ground turkey in it too.
Wow, I just add sauteed mushrooms, you made it gourmet. I think I'll have to try some of this too. Thanks for great tips!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #67  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Thinking of trying Almond milk. Have some. It does appear to meet criteria other than being from nuts.

Also, thank you to the poster who suggested NuNaturals stevia. For those of you who have not ventured to stevia yet, this might be a good one to start with. I got a bottle on Amazon for less than $10. iHerbs also seems to have good prices and deals. The SweetLeaf stevia is good but it can be bitter, a turn off for most seeking a sweetener. I did not have trouble with the SweetLeaf brand in my coffee. Still love it in my IP products but the NuNaturals is much easier in coffee. Been using my IP RTD Vanilla Drink in it, but I am toying with Almond milk. Cheaper. Should last till I am in P2. Unfortunately, I have not found anything to help replace my MIO but tea helps. Might try icing it as it becomes warmer.

Also thank you to the poster who mentioned something like coucous the other day. I was inspired. My goal was "fried rice" but I really like what I created. My cauliflower was closer to couscous than rice in size and I made it really spicy. Crazy spicy and it was one of the best meals I have had. Tasted just like regular food. Beef, cauliflower rice/coucous, bell pepper and brocoli (basically cleaning out the fridge) and spice. Lots of spice. (curry, chipotle powder, ginger, cumin, etc. ) Tasted just like Indian food, the regular kind with some serious heat. You know how hot food kicks in and kinda clears out whaever ails you. Also gives you a nice high. So thank you. Best meal ever. Unfortunately it did not give me the bathroom time like Indian food usually does. Oh well.

Been feeling my ribs lately. Weird. For a while I was feeling butt bones. And often I feel my hip bones. Now it is my ribs. Coach explained that as fat comes off, we will feel things. Odd and weird. She also explained that hollow feeling around my stomach (which I thought was hunger or upset stomach, acid problem) was fat leaving that area. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. Weird.

I added tea to my life, in particular in the evening. It is warm and calming. Seems to be a good routine. Particularly fond of the chai with the vanilla RTD and vanilla stevia. Helps get my water in since I let go of my beloved MIO (me and splenda don't get along too well...out of control cravings) Again, thank you to fellow IPers for that suggestion.

I got into a rough slump there on this diet, maybe weeks 7-10. Practically hated it and most of the food I was eating. So, I needed to re-boot. Enjoyable meals and routines are part of it. I have a couple more things I want to add in upcoming weeks. This involves movement. Will see.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay strong. Find creative NSV's if the scale isn't quite doing it for ya.
I'm just waiting to see my collar bones, and then I will really know I am getting thinner, lol. I stopped the Mio too. I don't think it was hurting my WL, but it really gets my cravings going too. Now I'm just as happy having a slice of lemon in my water instead and I figure it's better for me anyway. I always make a really BIG cup of tea in the morning so I can enjoy it with my bar. We have some chai tea in the house. I will have to try it with the vanilla drink. Sounds really good.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Wow TLF thats pretty amazing! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #69  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:

Thanks

PS - They are amazing (for an IP product) if anyone out there loves chocolate like me!
Its a staple of mine. I have one everyday since they came out.

Calories- 150
Fat- 4.5g
Cholesterol-0
Sodium- 250 mg
Carbs.-17 g
Fibre- 2g
Sugars- 6g
Sugar Alcohols- 4g
Protein- 15g
Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #70  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Is the Mango RTD considered restricted or non restricted. It looked a little high on the carbs.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #71  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I'm just waiting to see my collar bones, and then I will really know I am getting thinner, lol. I stopped the Mio too. I don't think it was hurting my WL, but it really gets my cravings going too. Now I'm just as happy having a slice of lemon in my water instead and I figure it's better for me anyway. I always make a really BIG cup of tea in the morning so I can enjoy it with my bar. We have some chai tea in the house. I will have to try it with the vanilla drink. Sounds really good.
I had to also quit using the mio. I have major issues with feeling hungry all the time when I started drinking it. I'd finally found a flavor I liked but the hunger issues just weren't worth it.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #72  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
I had to also quit using the mio. I have major issues with feeling hungry all the time when I started drinking it. I'd finally found a flavor I liked but the hunger issues just weren't worth it.
I am on week #4 and have been wondering what is making me soooo hungry all of the time. I use the Mio and have been using it more for some reason. I am going to back off to see if that makes a difference. Hope this helps....
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #73  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
MIO did not hurt my weight loss either and it was so yummy. Felt like a treat but I drank it koolaid sweet. DH had better WL once he decreased his Splenda. One poster suggested frozen lime juice. She froze it into ice cubes and popped some into her water with like lemon stevia. I might give that a try since I love lemonaid, limade and things like Sierra Mist and Fresca. I need to try to add lemon to my water. I know it is really good for you. I have to admit that the chai tea with the vanilla drink and some vanilla stevia tastes very close to the real thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplingrl View Post
My first month behind me and I lost 18lbs! Was so exited I can't remember the inches.
Congrats! A great first month!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Thanks

I'm in love with them too!!! I have one every morning and look forward to it!!! YUM!!! I'm trying to find an alternative for life (to save $$$). Hope one exists!!!
Closed Thread