Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

Hello all.....any of my girls out there? I have been in maintenance since May and doing very well, but sometime during the holiday season I gained 10 pounds and then the last week...went up another 2 pounds. I worked hard to lose those 85 pounds and I will not let this happen. So I am on a 7 day reboot. Today is day 2 of perfect. Hoping to make it to 4pm next Wednesday with perfect.

Then I will follow maintenance until April 15th or so...due to planned events...with phase 1 days at least 2X a week.

Then I want to do a 4 week reboot...last two weeks of April and first 2 weeks of May.....hoping the 12 pounds will be GONE GONE Gone!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's a great plan! I can relate! I hit goal in August and then, by December, I put on some weight and by January, I was up 12 lbs. or so....don't remember though exact amounts. I've been attempting all kinds of reboots and I'm doing a lot better, but I find it to be a constant battle....a battle worth fighting every single day. Good job!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Sounds great. I hope it woks for you! It has taken me a couple of months to lose 12 pounds. Not sure why...but I will blame exercise on part of the slowness.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Good luck with the reboot Darbs! It's so great you saw the slippery slope ahead and got off the slide! I started a two week reboot that has turned in to 4 weeks of Phase 1, 2 weeks of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3. My coach said the 2 weeks of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3 were mandatory for the pancreas re-set protocol. Which is fine, I've lost in Phase 2 and Phase 3. I've lost about 13 lbs which is all the holiday weight plus a couple lbs. I'm actually now below my original IP low of last August. Yay! I have 8 days left before I'm back to Phase 4. You can totally do this, it's like riding a bike.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Good luck with the reboot, you can do it! We all slip up sometimes, it's a matter of catching ourselves!
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good luck on your reboot. You are taking good steps for yourself! You can do it. Losing 85 pounds was such an achievement!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
That's a great plan! I can relate! I hit goal in August and then, by December, I put on some weight and by January, I was up 12 lbs. or so....don't remember though exact amounts. I've been attempting all kinds of reboots and I'm doing a lot better, but I find it to be a constant battle....a battle worth fighting every single day. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Good luck with the reboot Darbs! It's so great you saw the slippery slope ahead and got off the slide! I started a two week reboot that has turned in to 4 weeks of Phase 1, 2 weeks of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3. My coach said the 2 weeks of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3 were mandatory for the pancreas re-set protocol. Which is fine, I've lost in Phase 2 and Phase 3. I've lost about 13 lbs which is all the holiday weight plus a couple lbs. I'm actually now below my original IP low of last August. Yay! I have 8 days left before I'm back to Phase 4. You can totally do this, it's like riding a bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Sounds great. I hope it woks for you! It has taken me a couple of months to lose 12 pounds. Not sure why...but I will blame exercise on part of the slowness.
Different situations and amounts to lose for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good luck on your reboot. You are taking good steps for yourself! You can do it. Losing 85 pounds was such an achievement!
Well....I am on day three...it is hard because I have been in maintenance going on a year so I feel so hungry....but knew I didn't like the direction after having lost 85 pounds.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I'm in my first Phase 3 week, so am sure hoping I can maintain all this hard work.

By reboot, do you mean go back to Phase 1 for more than the 1 day/week after the splurge day? I actually enjoyed Phase 1, so it would seem almost enjoyable to do. ) The high you get from actually accomplishing something and maintaining some semblance of control is worth the sacrifice.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I'm in my first Phase 3 week, so am sure hoping I can maintain all this hard work.

By reboot, do you mean go back to Phase 1 for more than the 1 day/week after the splurge day? I actually enjoyed Phase 1, so it would seem almost enjoyable to do. ) The high you get from actually accomplishing something and maintaining some semblance of control is worth the sacrifice.
I am trying to do 7 days of a reboot....being almost a year in maintenance now....it is a constant battle. I am hoping to get back down at least 5-6 pounds and then I will do another reboot (14-21 days in mid-APril to lose another 5-6). I know if I lose 5-6 right now....I will be able to keep it off by doing phase 1 for a day or two a week....I had gotten away from that in the last 2 months and found myself up 12 of the 85 I lost. Two perfect days and down almost 3 pounds....

I hope I can make it through today...hungry but not....I am in ketosis....I was before I started because I tried a week of low carb...got in ketosis but did not lose weight.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #10  

Well...I have made it through three days. Is anyone else out there close to a year in maintenance and struggling at all. Going to weigh in shortly and see what these three days have brought.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

In the same boat! Hit goal with the exception of 7 pounds lol(see my after pic below) Since September I put on 11-12 pounds. Back op for 4 days now and so far down 4.

Last edited by amaliayosa; 03-16-2012 at 06:37 AM.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #12  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
In the same boat! Hit goal with the exception of 7 pounds lol(see my after pic below) Since September I put on 11-12 pounds. Back op for 4 days now and so far down 4.
Gained a few pounds on vacation- did two week re-boot and lost ten. Nice to know re-boots work.
Endless Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

question: when you just do a few days, isn't that mostly water loss? don't they say that the fat loss kicks in after that, so wouldn't it need to be at least a week, maybe two?
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
I can see why you stopped your after is great...but your before was good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Gained a few pounds on vacation- did two week re-boot and lost ten. Nice to know re-boots work.
Keep up that routine...I did for 8 months and then got loosey goosey and bam! Lesson learned here now back to what I know works in maintenance.

Quote:
question: when you just do a few days, isn't that mostly water loss? don't they say that the fat loss kicks in after that, so wouldn't it need to be at least a week, maybe two?
For the 8 months that I stayed in maintenance and kept it off...I always followed cheat days with phase 1 days and kept it off and followed week long vacations with 4-5 days of phase 1. But I stopped that routine 2 months ago and it has caught up with me.

I am doing 8 perfect days and yes the first few were probably fluid loss...but oh that feels so good and so much less bloated. I am then having a cheat day and then doing another 8 perfect days and then hoping to jump back into my old routine.

Being almost a year out in maintenance is very challenging. I was thinking everything would be perfect forever.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Quote:
The recommended IP annual pancreas re-set protocol (according to my coach) is two weeks on P1, two weeks on P2 and 2 weeks on P3. Aside from that, whatever a person decides to do for a reboot to lose a few pounds is up to them. But I believe you burn through your glycogen stores in 3-4 days (that's why day 3 or day 4 on IP is the hardest), so anything after that would be fat burning in ketosis. Right Darbs?
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote