Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hey there lady...sorry to welcome you back. The ice cream thing is tough with all the cremee stands open now. I was up 15 of the 85 I lost and now I am up about 4. But haven't weighed since Sunday...cheated Saturday...so guessing I am up about 7 today (it takes me days to lose the fluid retention). Did a pretty good phase one day...had some peanut butter.

I think I am here for life...but hey give us props for not gaining it all back and staying focused at times.

Yes....I got rid of everything bigger than an 8....so it forces me to stay at a certain weight. That is definately motivation.
    Hey Darbs, Mom, Jennydoodle and everyone dropping in. I also got rid of 8's and up, so I only have up to size 6 in my closet too...I'm almost at my max in fitting into those, so I'm with you on not having a choice because going up from here is NOT an option. Thank you ladies for letting me join the "sorry to welcome you back" group :0) Hopefully we can all accomplish our goals and hang out here for others who have to dip into this room for a refresher once in a while. Thanks for being here, now lets all get outta here!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go check out the ice cream recipe. With summer coming up it'll keep me out of trouble.
  • Quote: did she give you good advice? is it something you can share? I have been planning to go back to my coach but she wasn't real supportive in the end and she was the one that convinced me that I should go into maintenance even though I didn't reach my goal. Not blaming her but I am not convinced that if I hadn't stuck it out to my goal I would have tried that much harder to stay there and not gain....
    She told me to make sure I wrote everything down and was very specific. I hadn't been doing my journal because I thought I was beyond that point...wrong assumption on my part. She knows I need the accountability and if I know she's checking it next week, I won't be so inclined to cheat. Well now I'm struggling with cheating and not writing it down (really how would she know Luckily my conscience has kept me from doing that....for now. I have a weekend trip to the beach planned. Going to do my best to stay OP. Actually a few minor cheats are probably more realistic. Just praying I don't fall totally off the wagon. She knows I can do this since I did so well before and asked me to do it to make her happy. I'll try!!!!
  • Quote: the chocolate mint pudding I got from Nashua
    Ohhh, I ordered this too, CAN'T wait to try it. It arrives today!
  • Yes, I also got rid of all my clothes that were too big for me once I hit goal. I mostly have 4's with a couple of 6's and 2's littered in there. I do not have ANY leeway in my clothes. I think this really helps, because I will never go by bigger sizes again.

Welcome Sunny to the reboot thread! Maintenance is a whole nother ball game. We have all been up and down our whole lives and finding the balance is hard work. And this is just another step in the learning curve. We are all wise to get things under control NOW and not wait until all of the weight came back.

Things are going ok here. Still doing well on P1, the weight is coming off slowly. I think that seems to be the trend??? This weekend will definitely be challenging because my in-laws are visting and we eat out with them a lot, and it is definitely not healthy. I do try to get salads most places, but they always like to go out for wings, burgers, pizza etc... And well, you know how that can be.
  • Quote: Yes, I also got rid of all my clothes that were too big for me once I hit goal. I mostly have 4's with a couple of 6's and 2's littered in there. I do not have ANY leeway in my clothes. I think this really helps, because I will never go by bigger sizes again.

Welcome Sunny to the reboot thread! Maintenance is a whole nother ball game. We have all been up and down our whole lives and finding the balance is hard work. And this is just another step in the learning curve. We are all wise to get things under control NOW and not wait until all of the weight came back.

Things are going ok here. Still doing well on P1, the weight is coming off slowly. I think that seems to be the trend??? This weekend will definitely be challenging because my in-laws are visting and we eat out with them a lot, and it is definitely not healthy. I do try to get salads most places, but they always like to go out for wings, burgers, pizza etc... And well, you know how that can be.
    Right there with you Jenny! My plans are to be good this weekend..but you know that can be! Here's wishing us both luck!!!
  • Quote: Hey Darbs, Mom, Jennydoodle and everyone dropping in. I also got rid of 8's and up, so I only have up to size 6 in my closet too...I'm almost at my max in fitting into those, so I'm with you on not having a choice because going up from here is NOT an option. Thank you ladies for letting me join the "sorry to welcome you back" group :0) Hopefully we can all accomplish our goals and hang out here for others who have to dip into this room for a refresher once in a while. Thanks for being here, now lets all get outta here!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go check out the ice cream recipe. With summer coming up it'll keep me out of trouble.
    Can you point me in the direction of the ice cream recipe. Of all the things I love about this site, the search feature is definitely not one of them Thanks!
  • Little bit of a change in plans....my goal is to maintain where I am at 4-5 pounds above my low, but at least not 17 above like I was 6-7 weeks ago. I am good during the week, but bam....those darn weekends.

I am going to continue to get on here daily...it keeps me going and focusing on keeping the course.

Hopefully in September I will have the patience to see 4 straight weeks and I won't go any higher from where I am at now.
  • started phase 3 yesterday at 140 lbs. i really wanted to get into the 130's but it just doesn't seem possible. i've been on the reboot since the beginning of march and have only lost about 23 lbs, so it seems like a good enough time to stop. i'll try to take care of the rest at the gym. my biggest problem area is my unsightly legs. they are thin enough, but they just look jiggly and awful. i have to start physical therapy next week for my knee condition (petellofemoral syndrome) so i hope those exercises will help me tone up my legs as well.

other than that, pretty excited to be phasing out! i'm relatively happy with my figure right now. if i had to guess, i'd say i'm a 4/6 right now. not sure because all of my pants are getting baggy.
  • The ice cream recipe is on page 17 of the open recipe thread!
    Laura-hopefully your Physio does what you want. Legs really only need lunges and squats and more lunges and squats! See what you are allowed to do!
    Otherwise, how about swimming?

I am done my reboot too. Alas, 140 is not to be seen, but I find this and the maintainers threads relate most to me. Every weeken is a cheat, every week is a reboot. I am just trying to ensure I don't let weekend turn into longer periods of gaining!
  • Quote: started phase 3 yesterday at 140 lbs. i really wanted to get into the 130's but it just doesn't seem possible. i've been on the reboot since the beginning of march and have only lost about 23 lbs, so it seems like a good enough time to stop. i'll try to take care of the rest at the gym. my biggest problem area is my unsightly legs. they are thin enough, but they just look jiggly and awful. i have to start physical therapy next week for my knee condition (petellofemoral syndrome) so i hope those exercises will help me tone up my legs as well.

other than that, pretty excited to be phasing out! i'm relatively happy with my figure right now. if i had to guess, i'd say i'm a 4/6 right now. not sure because all of my pants are getting baggy.
    Good girl....nice job

Quote: The ice cream recipe is on page 17 of the open recipe thread!
    Laura-hopefully your Physio does what you want. Legs really only need lunges and squats and more lunges and squats! See what you are allowed to do!

I am done my reboot too. Alas, 140 is not to be seen, but I find this and the maintainers threads relate most to me. Every weeken is a cheat, every week is a reboot. I am just trying to ensure I don't let weekend turn into longer periods of gaining!

I agree...every week looks like it will be a reboot for me. I told my husband that I will constantly be rebooting for the rest of my life. I still plan to have 3 major reboots a year....April/May, then Sept/Oct, and then January/Feburary (for 4-5 weeks each time). So I will still be here chatting with everyone.
  • Quote: The ice cream recipe is on page 17 of the open recipe thread!

Found it!! Thanks so much!
  • Don't leave me in here all alone Just teasing! I am only doing reboot for about 4 more weeks and then I am going to phase off again. Hoping to get to 130 or below, but the losses are so slow that I am not sure if that will happen. Fortunately I have always been right around my goal, so it is not like I need to do it, but that I would just like to.

I also just ordered a bunch of stuff from Nashua, which I am actually excited to try, and that helps keep me on track.

But I do have a feeling that I will constantly be "rebooting" Mon-Fri and then having free weekends. If that is how life is so that I stay this size, I guess I am ok with that. I really, truly do not mind living low carb. Carbs make me feel awful anyway, so I don't really get much pleasure from eating them, especially flour / flour products.
  • Quote: Don't leave me in here all alone Just teasing! I am only doing reboot for about 4 more weeks and then I am going to phase off again. Hoping to get to 130 or below, but the losses are so slow that I am not sure if that will happen. Fortunately I have always been right around my goal, so it is not like I need to do it, but that I would just like to.

I also just ordered a bunch of stuff from Nashua, which I am actually excited to try, and that helps keep me on track.

But I do have a feeling that I will constantly be "rebooting" Mon-Fri and then having free weekends. If that is how life is so that I stay this size, I guess I am ok with that. I really, truly do not mind living low carb. Carbs make me feel awful anyway, so I don't really get much pleasure from eating them, especially flour / flour products.
    I am not leaving you...but like you I feel I will be rebooting every week and enjoying the weekends. I want to be good for 4 straight weeks, but I am weak weak weak. I am very focused and have a goal in mind...just not sure when I will hit it. But I am in this for life so no hurry.
  • I second darbs!
  • made it through another phase 1 day. I was thinking of having some martinis Saturday night with a few snacks and now I am thinking of trying to make it through the weekend. Let's see how the day goes and what the scale says tomorrow morning. Have a good day all!....I may make it the last four pounds of this reboot after all.