Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Why question what works right? its all figured out for you, not that difficult that is for sure.....lol
Alternatives are not only about finding ways to save money, but also to have a variety of food that IP offers while getting the same results. Knowing the logic behind identifying restrictive or not will not only give you an array of food option but also gives you the knowledge for a long term success by being able to determine what you can have .The spreadsheet is in no doubt a wonderful tool, that is not a question at all. With this, has anyone tried the WONDERSLIM products?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #122  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelhyn View Post
With this, has anyone tried the WONDERSLIM products?
I have seen other people post about Wonderslim...I would do a search on the forum and see what you find.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #123  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
Sweeteners. I cannot get splenda here in Holland. What should I be looking for in sweeteners? I'm using Candarel. Do I avoid sucralose? Asparatame? I can order some Stevia on line, but store bought sweeteners can someone give me some tips. Thanks Carol
You really want to avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible...they have been found to increase cravings, slow down metabolism, and contribute to insulin resistance and Metabolic Syndrome/Syndrome X. Aspartame is one of the worst.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #124  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Thank you Bethnym. I still use sweetener in a morning coffee. I should probably kick the coffee too!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Thank you Bethnym. I still use sweetener in a morning coffee. I should probably kick the coffee too!
I think the latest research is showing that a moderate amount of coffee is good for you. One thing I read somewhere that Dr Oz recommended was if you are drinking decaf to replace it with regular; about three cups a day.

I stopped putting sweetner in about 1000 diets ago. Now if I taste hubby's coffee by mistake it seems sickening to me and he just put 2 teaspoons in.

Now with IP I have learned to drink it without milk too. I will always drink coffee because it helps with my migraine control.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
I have seen other people post about Wonderslim...I would do a search on the forum and see what you find.
I had asked this question, too, a few days ago but then I looked up Wonderslim on line but didn't like their ingredients lists. The beginning ingredients are all artificial things and sweeteners (at least for the products I looked at, don't remember which ones).
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #127  

Sorry, my post was inresponse to leelhyn's question.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #128  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
I think giving up caffeine may make this diet unbearable for some people, lol (including me). If you can drink it without the sweetener (or add some unsweetened almond milk), you will be better off.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #129  

I dont' think I can give up coffee. I'm up at 4am and at work by 5am. Coffee gets me started in the morning! I prefered adding falvored creamer to my coffee prior to being OP, but started drinking it black when I started the program. My BFF drank hers doctored with more cream than me, so the transition for her was tough. She found she likes the WF caramel in her coffee and still drinks even though she's phased off.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #130  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good evening everyone.. Hi Patns!! Nice to see you here and to see a thread going for alternatives.

Well, the wedding is over, the honeymoon is done and im back here to lose weight. I havent weighed myself yet but will be doing that tommorow..i got my stuff ready to go...bring it on!!!

I would like to point out that my personal fave alternative is the atkins shakes...i like them way better than any of the nashua or proti diet stuff.. i dont know why..they just dont taste as fake..

Speaking of which....can a person live off of eating fish every night??? Talapia perhaps? Its only got 90 cals! but the point is: i cant eat meat, it makes me sick..ever since december, ive had stomach issues and meat is out of the question so ive been eating fish like its going out of style...any thoughts? is it bad to eat every night for a dinner protein? or am i going to have to find something else? I cant help it.. i love fish! with a little squeeze of lime and a hint of salt...and a little garlic powder..mmm good.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I would say eat what you like, but some fat is good for you, so make sure to get all your ol in as most fish is pretty lean. Or eat salmon some days!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good evening everyone.. Hi Patns!! Nice to see you here and to see a thread going for alternatives.

Well, the wedding is over, the honeymoon is done and im back here to lose weight. I havent weighed myself yet but will be doing that tommorow..i got my stuff ready to go...bring it on!!!

I would like to point out that my personal fave alternative is the atkins shakes...i like them way better than any of the nashua or proti diet stuff.. i dont know why..they just dont taste as fake..

Speaking of which....can a person live off of eating fish every night??? Talapia perhaps? Its only got 90 cals! but the point is: i cant eat meat, it makes me sick..ever since december, ive had stomach issues and meat is out of the question so ive been eating fish like its going out of style...any thoughts? is it bad to eat every night for a dinner protein? or am i going to have to find something else? I cant help it.. i love fish! with a little squeeze of lime and a hint of salt...and a little garlic powder..mmm good.

Congratulations!!! I didn't realize that your wedding was scheduled so soon. I hope you had a wonderful day.
If meat gives you issues I think it is great that you like fish. I wish I liked more types of fish. In your location you can excellent fresh fish of different kinds.
Make sure you get your olive oil in. Put it on veggies.

Pat
Old 03-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #133  

Just wanted to pop in to say I found a bar I just love, it is the HealthSmart Carmel Crunch bar. I am really sensitive to chemical tasting things and seem to have aftertastes from many bars that other people really like. But this one is like gourmet chocolate.
I also really like the Oh Yeah Grab and Go sized bars. No aftertaste with those either.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say I found a bar I just love, it is the HealthSmart Carmel Crunch bar. I am really sensitive to chemical tasting things and seem to have aftertastes from many bars that other people really like. But this one is like gourmet chocolate.
I also really like the Oh Yeah Grab and Go sized bars. No aftertaste with those either.
Pat
Thanks Pat! Where do you find the HealthSmart bars? I know that some of the IP products already have sucralose in them but I do stay away from the other artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thanks Pat! Where do you find the HealthSmart bars? I know that some of the IP products already have sucralose in them but I do stay away from the other artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Thanks!

They are from Nashua. I think it is their own product.

But now you have me thinking about the sugar. I don't like the taste of many of the bars other people like. I just looked at the ingredients of the two bars I liked, the Oh Yeah and the Health Smart ones. They are quite high in sugars I think, 8 grams. But there is no sugar alcohols. All the sugars are natural, no artificial sweeteners. So I think it is the sugar alcohols I am sensitive to.
I think it is momof2 who posts about Simply Bars which she really likes because they have all natural ingredients. I looked them up online and they were more expensive but likely worth it.
Anyone have thoughts about what is an acceptable amount of sugar grams in restricted items?

Pat
Closed Thread