Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow...am I ever glad I found this thread! I browsed the 3fc for about a month before going with the alternative ideal protein. I was just taking everything that was said and translating it to protidiet, protithin, etc.
Noticed that the sucralose causes cravings-that might just be my issue. I'm going to try cutting down. This is the best eating program I have found in a long time--thanks so much for moving this thread up!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
After a week on the Alternative Alternative plan, I am down 5.4!

And tonight - BIG MAC BOWL. Thank you for whomever came up with this!!
I'm with you on the big mac bowl- I kept seeing references, but couldn't find the recipe/made with what I thought should be in it, and awesome!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I like to use this spreadsheet to determine and compare restricted products. There is a column for whether or not it's a restricted item.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CMr939oK#gid=0
Thank you for sharing this spreadsheet. How do you deternine if an item is restricted or not? What are the basis?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelhyn View Post
Thank you for sharing this spreadsheet. How do you deternine if an item is restricted or not? What are the basis?
There is a column for whether or not the item is restricted. Most people say around 7 or more net carbs means it's restricted but it really depends. For me, I cannot have a lot of sugars or I will have mad cravings. Just be careful!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #95  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicknops View Post
I'm with you on the big mac bowl- I kept seeing references, but couldn't find the recipe/made with what I thought should be in it, and awesome!
Here you go!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-mac-bowl.html
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
I really like the ProtiDiet Blueberry Pancakes
Proti-Thin - Chocolate Soy Snack (exactly the same as IP/$12.95 box/7 servings
Proti-Thin - Vanilla Peanut Bar (exactly the same as IP/$11.95 box/7 servings

Ordered this weekend:
Proti-Diet Pizza - $10.95 box (some mentioned that it was good)
Honey Nut Soy Cereal - $11.95 box (reviews say that it tastes like Cheerios)

My clinic charges $29.00 a box so if I can order some other products it is worth it. Still love the quality of the IP products so just using the others as supplemental at the moment.
When you say "same as IP" are you refering to the taste or nutritional value?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Hi Everyone! I was on IP last year and had to stop but have been trying to get back into the swing of things and having a really hard time getting started and staying on it. I am really glad that I found this thread to help with all of the alternative products. Right now I have been ordering the Proti-Thin products but did not know that the Proti-Diet oatmeal was not restricted!! So I will have to try that for my next order (I just placed an ordered last night...sigh).

There is a detox that is recommended during the 5th week of IP, does anyone know the name of it? I am really interested in getting that!

Thank goodness for this thread! I think doing this is so much better when you can share with others that are going through the same struggles and successes!
Hi you mentioned about "restricted item". I saw somewhere here a spreadsheet for comparing alternative products and whether its its restricted or not. I have found different opinions as well. I was wondering if you know the basis to determine to know if an item is restricted or not? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Hi Everyone! I was on IP last year and had to stop but have been trying to get back into the swing of things and having a really hard time getting started and staying on it. I am really glad that I found this thread to help with all of the alternative products. Right now I have been ordering the Proti-Thin products but did not know that the Proti-Diet oatmeal was not restricted!! So I will have to try that for my next order (I just placed an ordered last night...sigh).

There is a detox that is recommended during the 5th week of IP, does anyone know the name of it? I am really interested in getting that!

Thank goodness for this thread! I think doing this is so much better when you can share with others that are going through the same struggles and successes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
the proti-diet blueberry pancakes are not restricted
How do you determine if an item is restricted or not?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello IPeeps,

I lost about half my weight on IP and then switched to alternatives, as far as I am concerned it is still IP (protocol). I have ordered from Noshua, Lindora and Diet Direct and have found some good alternatives. My staples, however, are EAS shakes (Sam's), Detour Bars (Sams), Pure Protein Bars (Sams) & Muscle Milk Lite (Sams). With that said I like the HealthSmart puddings alot too. Good Luck all
I love deyour bars too!! But when I checked the carbs its a little bit high. Is this considered a restricted item?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

It seems to be if it is 8 carbs or over it is restricted.
I like the alternative products because some of them have lower carbs than the similiar IP product and so are not restricted. (the oatmeals for example).
The detour bars are over 8 carbs so are restricted as are all the bars.

When Yates said "same as IP", it meant the identical product in identical packaging just in a different box.
Pat
Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
It seems to be if it is 8 carbs or over it is restricted.
I like the alternative products because some of them have lower carbs than the similiar IP product and so are not restricted. (the oatmeals for example).
The detour bars are over 8 carbs so are restricted as are all the bars.

When Yates said "same as IP", it meant the identical product in identical packaging just in a different box.
Pat
Wow thank so much for these informations! It's a surprise to me that you can get the same products in a different box
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #102  

Looking at the attached spreadsheet, there are items that has more that 8g of carbs but are not restricted? If carbs are not the basis, then what is?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf (211.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
Thanks so much!

And as a side note, I had written down that 6 or less carbs was unrestricted, but I do believe fat and calories come in to play also.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #104  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
Are ya'll liking the IP Mashed Potatoes? I normally make the smashed cauliflower ones, but was curious how the IP tasted since I haven't tried them.
I tried them this weekend... HORRIBLE! lol but then again I hated the chicken soup too so at this point i refuse to eat any of their savory packets lol. I tasted the potatoes after I made them and then into the garbage it went!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #105  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Has anyone ordered proti thin salt and vinegar ridges in Europe?

Closed Thread