Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #76  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
This may just be me but for the past three days i've been having the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal for lunch as a non-restricted and I've been having EXTREMELY bad cravings. I'm up 0.6lbs at my WI this morning I talked to my coach about it and she said that it may be causing the cravings. I don't know why but I'm going to try going back to what I was having before at lunch and see if that makes a difference. SIGH! I love that stuff!
I had been so hungry all week and read that the Mio water flavorings were making someone else really hungry so today no Mio and I can't believe the difference. It is weird how certain flavorings/foods can do that. Hopefully you will find something else great to replace it
Old 03-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #77  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Are ya'll liking the IP Mashed Potatoes? I normally make the smashed cauliflower ones, but was curious how the IP tasted since I haven't tried them.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #78  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
I had been so hungry all week and read that the Mio water flavorings were making someone else really hungry so today no Mio and I can't believe the difference. It is weird how certain flavorings/foods can do that. Hopefully you will find something else great to replace it
Virtually all sugar substitutes create cravings and possibly slow your metabolism/weightloss. No Mio or even WF products for me.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Virtually all sugar substitutes create cravings and possibly slow your metabolism/weightloss. No Mio or even WF products for me.
Yeah! I'm slowing down on the WF condiments and sugar. I was told it was ok to have 4 packets of Stevia/Splenda per day but it may be less for me as an individual. Oh well. I never used Mio anyways as I'm fine with plain water

Trying the ProtiDiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp bar tomorrow and I cannot wait! Lots of fiber! 10g!
Editing because I tried the PB and caramel bar yesterday. YUM!!

Last edited by CassiR; 03-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #80  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Yeah! I'm slowing down on the WF condiments and sugar. I was told it was ok to have 4 packets of Stevia/Splenda per day but it may be less for me as an individual. Oh well. I never used Mio anyways as I'm fine with plain water
I am also avoiding them because I am trying to get away from the types of food that helped increase my weight to begin with, and that would be sugary, carby stuff. Unfortunately, substituting fake sugary things will probably set me up for failure in the future so I am trying to eat whole, real foods where possible. How many people do you know that binge on veggies?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
I am also avoiding them because I am trying to get away from the types of food that helped increase my weight to begin with, and that would be sugary, carby stuff. Unfortunately, substituting fake sugary things will probably set me up for failure in the future so I am trying to eat whole, real foods where possible. How many people do you know that binge on veggies?
lol yeah it's better to practice good habits even before maintenance. My new veggie is mushrooms! When raw and put in salads, they absorb all the dressing flavor and are yum!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #82  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
My new veggie is mushrooms! When raw and put in salads, they absorb all the dressing flavor and are yum!
I like steaming shitake mushrooms with my veggies, and have been putting the baby portabellos on my salads. Love mushrooms!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #83  

Tried the ProtiDiet Wildberry Liquid Concentrate... yum! It kind of reminds me of fruit punch. It CAN be made in just a glass of water.. no shaker needed since it's a concentrate and can just be stirred into water. Easy!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #84  

FYI- I bought some protidiet from Amazon to try before i put in a order at Nashua nutrtition.

Thanks for the review in protidiet concentrate.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #85  

How do you determine which aternative products are restrictive or not? What are the basis?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl3 View Post
FYI- I bought some protidiet from Amazon to try before i put in a order at Nashua nutrtition.

Thanks for the review in protidiet concentrate.
I should look at Amazon. On the canadian amazon site we can only order books and movies etc. Now they have added tools. But no food items.

I am trying to keep this thread bumped up. Last week there was an issue because there were so many alternative threads all over. I noticed today that an a lot of quite old ones had been pulled up again.
Often the info on old threads is no longer current.
The thread on the alternative products which are the SAME as IP products is quite active and current too. But I'm not concerned about totally duplicating the IP products as many of the alternatives are good too.

So if we could try to keep the alternative discussions to these two threads it would reduce clutter and be easier to find info.
But off course everyone is free to post whatever wherever.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #87  

Hi,
I have been researching for alternatives coz IP food is getting too expensive for me. So the food from Nashua website is it comparable to IP food? I just dont have the time to go through each products and compare it to the IP products. Thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelhyn View Post
Hi,
I have been researching for alternatives coz IP food is getting too expensive for me. So the food from Nashua website is it comparable to IP food? I just dont have the time to go through each products and compare it to the IP products. Thanks
I like to use this spreadsheet to determine and compare restricted products. There is a column for whether or not it's a restricted item.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CMr939oK#gid=0
Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #89  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

After a week on the Alternative Alternative plan, I am down 5.4!

And tonight - BIG MAC BOWL. Thank you for whomever came up with this!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
After a week on the Alternative Alternative plan, I am down 5.4!

And tonight - BIG MAC BOWL. Thank you for whomever came up with this!!
Congrats!
Closed Thread