Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'7

Default IP and active lifestyles?

Hey guys and gals,
I recently caught up with a friend that lost significant weight over a short time period and referred me to IP. Before i actually start something i wanted to ask a few questions and hopefully get some insight on what to expect and if its feasible with my lifestyle. As i work in construction and enjoy going to the gym 3-5 times a week and often do a lot of physical activity....will IP with its restricted calories cause me to be fatigued, lethargic, or run down?
I've read several posts about how you shouldnt over exert yourself while on this...but how do I continue to be active or do the strenuous activities that i love?
I've always been bigger but never felt obese even though my BMI says im very obese lol. I work hard and quite often sweat my butt off at work, gym, and anytime i play sports. I like to play baseball and a couple times a year go mountain climbing(which is very strenuous). Im mainly curious if this is going to inhibit my abilities to do the things i love or if its going to just delay them for a month or two? Am i going to still be able to summit mountains or am i going to get winded and drained?
Ive been sitting comfortably at ~220lbs for the past 4 years but would love to be able to maintain 170-180 and enjoy all my past times. Can IP help achieve this without sacrificing my loved past times?
Thanks guys,
I look forward your thoughts and regards
Mark85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #2  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, there are several of people that exercise heavily while doing IP, and I think they supplement with an additional packet...hopefully they will weigh in.

There is also a section on Exercise in Dr. Tran's book (the founder of IP)....it starts on page 99. Link to the book is below:

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #3  

I work in construction also, and in my case I can't imagine working full time on IP. It's been slow where I am and I've only worked a few days a week...and that was plenty. There is no way I could work a full week on 850 calories a day. BUT...I've heard other people haven't a problem with it. I guess it depends on the individual.
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have no trouble doing 60 minutes of intense exercise a day. My dh is a big guy-250, 6' and also gyms it 6 days a week plus hockey. He s also doing ip.

For the first 2 weeks he had 5 packets plus 1 meal. Now he is down to 3 like me.

Once you are ketosis adapted you will feel fine and have energy, but you need to eat all your veggies and the salad and the supplements to be sure.

Try it ad see. Expect some tiredness the first week, and to struggle at the gum a bit, but it will resolve. And once the wright is off things are even easier...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark85 View Post
Hey guys and gals,
I recently caught up with a friend that lost significant weight over a short time period and referred me to IP. Before i actually start something i wanted to ask a few questions and hopefully get some insight on what to expect and if its feasible with my lifestyle. As i work in construction and enjoy going to the gym 3-5 times a week and often do a lot of physical activity....will IP with its restricted calories cause me to be fatigued, lethargic, or run down?
I've read several posts about how you shouldnt over exert yourself while on this...but how do I continue to be active or do the strenuous activities that i love?
I've always been bigger but never felt obese even though my BMI says im very obese lol. I work hard and quite often sweat my butt off at work, gym, and anytime i play sports. I like to play baseball and a couple times a year go mountain climbing(which is very strenuous). Im mainly curious if this is going to inhibit my abilities to do the things i love or if its going to just delay them for a month or two? Am i going to still be able to summit mountains or am i going to get winded and drained?
Ive been sitting comfortably at ~220lbs for the past 4 years but would love to be able to maintain 170-180 and enjoy all my past times. Can IP help achieve this without sacrificing my loved past times?
Thanks guys,
I look forward your thoughts and regards
You will definitely feel fatigued in the beginning - very probably the first 2 weeks. But there are many IP'ers who get a burst of energy after that, more energy than they've felt in years. I was and am not one of those people, I'm a diabetic and was eating extremely low carb before I started this plan. While on plan, I tend to fatigue easily, need a nap most days and am incapable of any sort of hard exercise. But all you can do is try - you will definitely lose weight. If that's your goal -then lose the weight and then resume your active life at your goal weight of 170. Many people on this forum have been extremely active - even avid exercisers and never lost the weight they were looking to lose until this program. It works.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote