Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 03/09/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 03-09-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning, Happy Friday!
Today I start watching my Great Nephew from 8 - 5 (I will be doing this every Friday). This will be the 1st time I have to worry about eating away from home while on the plan. I have my lunch packed up and ready to go along with some egg whites in case I get hungry. The little man is 4 months old and such a cute snuggly baby, I am lookin forward to playing and snuggling him all day. :-)

have a great Friday everyone and STAY ON PLAN!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Wish us and me luck. First time away from home for a long weekend. Plus, we're driving a 51 year old car (Corvair station wagon) 442 miles to a Corvair event this weekend. I've got food packed and even an electric skillet to make omelets and pancakes and a mini blender for shakes. Should be fun.

Everyone have a good OP day and weekend. Hope I will have time to read some post at night in the hotel room.

Thanks for being there for each other.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

TGIF!!!!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad it is finally Friday.

So, I'm like confused about daylight savings... Does springing ahead mean that if on March 10th its 6am, than the same time on March 12th will actually be 7am? I can never figure it out! 0.o

And I have been getting crazy snacking cravings after work. I think its my body hanging on to the carbs I was eating while I was sick. So from now on instead of eating like a psycho, I'm going to either have a salad or a bunch of water.

Does anyone have any ideas for bread? I've been having crazy sandwich cravings too... I can't make bread out of any IP products, and I only have blueberry pancakes and choco chip sweet rolls left... Hmm...maybe I won't be having any bread...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning, Happy Friday!
Today I start watching my Great Nephew from 8 - 5 (I will be doing this every Friday). This will be the 1st time I have to worry about eating away from home while on the plan. I have my lunch packed up and ready to go along with some egg whites in case I get hungry. The little man is 4 months old and such a cute snuggly baby, I am lookin forward to playing and snuggling him all day. :-)

have a great Friday everyone and STAY ON PLAN!
That sounds like a perfect way to spend a Friday, Cadu -- have fun! And you sound totally prepared so you're going to have an OP day *and* get to snuggle with your great nephew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wish us and me luck. First time away from home for a long weekend. Plus, we're driving a 51 year old car (Corvair station wagon) 442 miles to a Corvair event this weekend. I've got food packed and even an electric skillet to make omelets and pancakes and a mini blender for shakes. Should be fun.
Ooooh, a Corvair event? That sounds amazing! My mum's first car was a Corvair and she still dreams of owning it and she's totally pass that love onto me -- I'm jealous! Good luck with your drive! And good luck staying OP this weekend -- it sounds like you're totally ready for it and I know you'll do awesome!

Happy Friday, all!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #6  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Friday All
WI for me this afternoon I hope for some rockin good news!
Have a great one staying OP
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #7  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

FRIDAY! love it. First proper weigh in and I lost 4.8 pounds. Delighted. 15 more for my mini goal in 5 weeks. My delivery of miracle noodles and rice arrived yesterday. I made a chicken, mushroom and broccoli stir fry with a dash of soya sauce and some WF BBQ sauce. Is soya sauce allowed? I added the noodles. Strange texture at first but got used to it and it was a very satisfying meal. There are 3gms of carbs per pack of noodles or rice. Tonight I will try making a sweet pudding dish with the rice. The noodles smell funny when opened but they do not taste like the smell. I have begun to try and track every single thing and keep a diary. What is the required amount of carbs needed to begin and stay in ketosis. I am doing this program myself at home so I don't have a go to person. Thanks all. Have a lovely weekend!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #8  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning IPeeps:

Well this morning is not a beautiful as it has been the past couple of mornings. It is cold and gloomy out. But my NSV this morning has brightened it up so much more. I went and got out a size 12 pair of jeans to try on to see how much more I have to go to fit into them and I was able to get in them and wear them to work today!! What an awesome feeling. The last time I was able to get into this size I was at leat 25 pounds lighter than I am now. This plan is AMAZING!!!!!

Then I was at the convience store paying for my daughters hot chocolate and I hear from behind me "Ma'am those jeans really look good on you", I turned around to see who he was talking to and it was me. I said thank you and left the store in a hurry. I was a little embarrased.

Congratulations on the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
FRIDAY! love it. First proper weigh in and I lost 4.8 pounds. Delighted. 15 more for my mini goal in 5 weeks. My delivery of miracle noodles and rice arrived yesterday. I made a chicken, mushroom and broccoli stir fry with a dash of soya sauce and some WF BBQ sauce. Is soya sauce allowed? I added the noodles. Strange texture at first but got used to it and it was a very satisfying meal. There are 3gms of carbs per pack of noodles or rice. Tonight I will try making a sweet pudding dish with the rice. The noodles smell funny when opened but they do not taste like the smell. I have begun to try and track every single thing and keep a diary. What is the required amount of carbs needed to begin and stay in ketosis. I am doing this program myself at home so I don't have a go to person. Thanks all. Have a lovely weekend!

I think it is between 30-40g of carbs a day. I usually stay between this daily and have not had any problems with my results.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! TGIF!!!

Seeing my coach after work to get all my measurements. Down another 2 lbs this week!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #11  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning Everyone!
@ Rissimo congrats! You are having all kinds of good stuff this week! Love it!
@Cadu baby snuggles are the best! Have a great day and you can do it!
@ Wing sounds like you are gonna have a blast! Enjoy
@ Emily, Spring forward! One hour ahead! There are bread recipes Finn has them
@ Carol....sounds delish.... you got this!
My WI is tomarrow, and so want to have a bigger loss. BUT a loss is a loss!
Everyone have a great day and weekend!
Blessings!
@KRin Have a wonderful weekend!
@Trip I wish you a big loss today and several inches gone!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

TGIF! Switched to a new gym yesterday, so I'm meeting with a new trainer this morning. Looking forward to it. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! TGIF!!!

Seeing my coach after work to get all my measurements. Down another 2 lbs this week!

YEAH!!!!!! Congratulations!!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 262/258/165

Height: 5 ft 4in

I am feeling strong today!! I love the feeling of waking up and knowing you are 100%!!

I have my weigh in on MOnday and I am excited!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #15  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Well this morning is not a beautiful as it has been the past couple of mornings. It is cold and gloomy out. But my NSV this morning has brightened it up so much more. I went and got out a size 12 pair of jeans to try on to see how much more I have to go to fit into them and I was able to get in them and wear them to work today!! What an awesome feeling. The last time I was able to get into this size I was at leat 25 pounds lighter than I am now. This plan is AMAZING!!!!!

Then I was at the convience store paying for my daughters hot chocolate and I hear from behind me "Ma'am those jeans really look good on you", I turned around to see who he was talking to and it was me. I said thank you and left the store in a hurry. I was a little embarrased.

Congratulations on the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!!!
Congratulations, it's amazing how we are not used to compliments. You better get used to it becuase by looking at you pictures, you are going to be getting them lots!!!!
Closed Thread