Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning everyone. I have just had one of the best NSV's ever since starting IP. Like so many of us, I haven't been able to get rid of all my larger size clothes and there are some tops that I still wear that really are too big, but they are my "go to" tops. Anyway, this morning I broke out an old top that had been hanging in my closet a long time and when I got to work I had a co-worker tell me the difference between what I am wearing today as compted to yesterday makes me look like I just had liposuction! It really made me realize how important it is to wear clothes that fit. For years I've worn big shirts to hide rolls of fat and the shirt I have on today is a bit form fitting and I don't feel the least bit self conscious.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who still has a WI this week, mine is Saturday.

Congrats Molly!! What a wonderful feeling to be able to wear something that's a little more fitted and definitely flattering! You go, girl!

Keep up the good work and go find some more gems from the back of the closet!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #47  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Good morning! I just changed my goal weight from 155 to 160. I'm currently a comfortable size 10 and feel good about it. 160 won't give me much wiggle room as far as my "healthy" weight is concerned but my size is making me feel pretty good. Anyone else change their goal weight???
I changed my goal weight from 250 to 200, I like the size I am now but I am still chunky. I know I probably will never lose my "apron" but I want it to be smaller....lol...I am comfortable where I am now but will be even more as I go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgogs View Post
Hi All,

I am on my second day of IP and so far so good. I have been reading the posts for a few weeks and finally decided to give it a go. Wish me luck this week and thank you for all your wonderful posts, it was really motivating!

WELCOME to the IP family, you will find lots of information, recipes and TONS of support. You will get to know everyone in your own way and keep an eye on others like they are your sisters. You will see people go and come, those of us who stick to the plan stick together and will have great success together!!....ask what questions you want even though you may think it was asked before, ask again because someone might of missed it when it was asked before. Make a commitment to yourself and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post

A funny though is my 7 year old almost daily says "nope, still don't see anything different mom!" It cracks me up. I know it just means he loves me for who I am and doesn't notice my outside.

Have a great day all!
Have him/her hug you around your waist, and when they do each week ask if they can reach around you a little more hugging you tighter. Do something that they can measure a difference in you, I'll keep thinking of something else to come up with. They see you everyday so its hard for them to understand the changes we are going through. I can't wait til next week when I go to my mom's my youngest nephew is 5 and the last time he saw me he said "Taunt Lisa you are shrinking".....lol

NSV for me just now.....I was talking to my 24 year old while weighing on my Wii and I weighted 254 on it so I told him c'mon lets weigh you, he weighs 233, he used to weigh 260 so he is losing as well as I am. So i took it to the next level and measured his thorax he measures 43 inches and I measure 41!!!!!.......I am SMALLER than my 24 yr old!!!!....he said crap now I better get on the ball cuz 1. you are catching up to me in weight 2. you are SMALLER than me now and 3. you are walking faster than me (he has arthritis in his knees). He said tonight when he gets off of work we are going ride bikes on the beach, woohoo....looking forward to that!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty17 View Post
Congrats to all you Losers! Beautiful day here in NY. I had a NSV last night when a carpool Mom picking up my daughter thought I was my sister waving at her, who WAS about 40lbs smaller then me. Now there is only about a 18lb difference! Thanks to IP. My daughter was so happy telling me that story.

I find it funny how some people notice the weight loss and some people don't. Just one is enough for me!
Wow! That is so motivating! Congrats!!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #49  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Default Bit of a tough day.

Today is day 6. I'm doing ok but wondering if ketosis has kicked in yet as I'm super hungry at 11am, just after finishing lunch and again around 4pm.

At 11:30am today I started lunch by making my salad. Sometimes, even when not on IP, I get up from my desk too fast (in my opinion it's not too fast but I guess my body thinks it is) and get dizzy and lose my balance.

Today when I got up to go make my salad I got dizzy, as I pulled the plate from the cupboard above my head my hands started to shake and the dizziness continued. Headed back to my desk with my salad. Ate it. Then I started to see what looked like fuzzy stars in my left eye for about a half hour. I could see it even when my eyes were closed. It didn't hurt or anything just annoying. I went outside for some air. That didn't help. I got back to my desk and it got worse so I just rested for a bit.

Eventually it went away but what the heck ! Hypoglycemia?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #50  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Chloe222!!

I just had an awesome 1 egg/egg white omlet, with basil, spinach and fire roasted tomatoes. That should hold me over til my IP dinner & snack.
Amazing what you can do with and egg!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning everyone. I have just had one of the best NSV's ever since starting IP. Like so many of us, I haven't been able to get rid of all my larger size clothes and there are some tops that I still wear that really are too big, but they are my "go to" tops. Anyway, this morning I broke out an old top that had been hanging in my closet a long time and when I got to work I had a co-worker tell me the difference between what I am wearing today as compted to yesterday makes me look like I just had liposuction! It really made me realize how important it is to wear clothes that fit. For years I've worn big shirts to hide rolls of fat and the shirt I have on today is a bit form fitting and I don't feel the least bit self conscious.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who still has a WI this week, mine is Saturday.
I think keeping the old stuff in the beginning I doing that only that the other day at work I had worn old clothes from a skinny time still not those size 10 but soon, everyone was like do you know you are losing weight? Really have you ever lost weight without effort, I am 45 that has never happened to me. EVER

Last edited by Stephanie7878; 03-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I changed my goal weight from 250 to 200, I like the size I am now but I am still chunky. I know I probably will never lose my "apron" but I want it to be smaller....lol...I am comfortable where I am now but will be even more as I go along.

WELCOME to the IP family, you will find lots of information, recipes and TONS of support. You will get to know everyone in your own way and keep an eye on others like they are your sisters. You will see people go and come, those of us who stick to the plan stick together and will have great success together!!....ask what questions you want even though you may think it was asked before, ask again because someone might of missed it when it was asked before. Make a commitment to yourself and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!

Have him/her hug you around your waist, and when they do each week ask if they can reach around you a little more hugging you tighter. Do something that they can measure a difference in you, I'll keep thinking of something else to come up with. They see you everyday so its hard for them to understand the changes we are going through. I can't wait til next week when I go to my mom's my youngest nephew is 5 and the last time he saw me he said "Taunt Lisa you are shrinking".....lol

NSV for me just now.....I was talking to my 24 year old while weighing on my Wii and I weighted 254 on it so I told him c'mon lets weigh you, he weighs 233, he used to weigh 260 so he is losing as well as I am. So i took it to the next level and measured his thorax he measures 43 inches and I measure 41!!!!!.......I am SMALLER than my 24 yr old!!!!....he said crap now I better get on the ball cuz 1. you are catching up to me in weight 2. you are SMALLER than me now and 3. you are walking faster than me (he has arthritis in his knees). He said tonight when he gets off of work we are going ride bikes on the beach, woohoo....looking forward to that!
Wuv,
This is a little off topic perhaps, but how do you respond to multiple quotes in 1 reply?

thanks!
Chloe
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #53  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

I had WI#2 this morning and I lost another 3.8 pounds - total so far of 12.2

Love the message boards and all of the great advice.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #54  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

Default Just my opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplingrl View Post
Think I'm coming down with a stomach virus, can we have diet 7up or something like it?
If you're ill I'm not sure why you'd want 7up or diet pop period, I've heard of gingerale when your stomach is upset due to the ginger properties but to drink for anyone with an upset tummy I would suggest herbal tea - peppermint or ginger, it's OP for IP and better for you than any pop, diet or otherwise.

Get well soon!

Last edited by nineonline; 03-07-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

I believe this forum and facebook forum has helped me so much. I find this makes you see everyone is doing great and this protocol works.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
I had WI#2 this morning and I lost another 3.8 pounds - total so far of 12.2

Love the message boards and all of the great advice.
That is a fabulous loss! Great! Are you exercising while doing this?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicknops View Post
Good morning all...first WI and down 10lbs! If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is. You guys have been such an inspiration-I was reading posts for several weeks before I decided to try this, and I am glad that I did...
AWESOME!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #58  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Had the best lunch ever!
1pk IP Veggie Chili
Plate of lettuce
1c. shredded red cabbage
1/2 c. green pepper
1/2 c. onion
Made the chili spooned it over everything else, it was amazing!
I'm trying to find ways to "hide" the veggies because some days they just don't appeal to me.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
Today is day 6. I'm doing ok but wondering if ketosis has kicked in yet as I'm super hungry at 11am, just after finishing lunch and again around 4pm.

At 11:30am today I started lunch by making my salad. Sometimes, even when not on IP, I get up from my desk too fast (in my opinion it's not too fast but I guess my body thinks it is) and get dizzy and lose my balance.

Today when I got up to go make my salad I got dizzy, as I pulled the plate from the cupboard above my head my hands started to shake and the dizziness continued. Headed back to my desk with my salad. Ate it. Then I started to see what looked like fuzzy stars in my left eye for about a half hour. I could see it even when my eyes were closed. It didn't hurt or anything just annoying. I went outside for some air. That didn't help. I got back to my desk and it got worse so I just rested for a bit.

Eventually it went away but what the heck ! Hypoglycemia?
Your BP was probably low, add some more sea salt to your diet or just lick it straight off of your hand. If you are drinking a lot of water(which you should be) your electolytes could be low as well. Then extra sea salt will help with that. I always keep mine handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Wuv,
This is a little off topic perhaps, but how do you respond to multiple quotes in 1 reply?

thanks!
Chloe
See on the right side of this box there is the "quote" then next to it there is a "+"sign....click that box on each quote you want to reply too then when you are done with the ones you want to quote go to the left side and click reply to post. It will then "drop" all the quotes in the box. After each quote you will see [quote] hit enter then type what you want to type then go to the next one and do the same thing
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #60  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4244574]Your BP was probably low, add some more sea salt to your diet or just lick it straight off of your hand. If you are drinking a lot of water(which you should be) your electolytes could be low as well. Then extra sea salt will help with that. I always keep mine handy

Thank you, yes, I am drinking boatloads of water but I like my coffee too (decaf) so I'm playing a bit of catch-up. Just to make sure, the first time around I did this I thought salt was 1/2 tsp 2x a day ... or is it 1/2 tsp once a day? I salt my food when I cook sometimes and if I do this I find I forget to dump that 1/2 tsp on my salad or in my veg...sometimes 1/2 tsp is too much on one meal for me :S especially if it's 2x a day
Closed Thread