Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #76  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Net carbs are an Atkins thing.

If you follow the ip protocol you don't need to worry about numbers, you will for sure stay low enough.

My reading of ip noted to never give fibre supplements...I am surprised to see so many coaches doing this. I would try to avoid any with added sugar.
Yes then I certainly am confused. I don't think my coach recommends it to everyone, but she knows how much I'm struggling in this area. I don't want to become dependent on stimulants, which I have had to use along with the Benefiber as it wasn't helping enough all the time either. The IP product for being backed up didn't help me unfortunately. I will have to stop using the Benefiber (mine has no sugar, just chicory root. It wasn't a flavored variety). From what I understand chia seeds have no sugar either, but I'm not very knowledgeable on those.
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Lisa your March picture is BEAUTIFUL!! YOU GO GIRL!!
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #78  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Back from WI and I am down another 6 pounds. Even better I lost 3 pounds of fat and for me that is a really big deal since my body fat loss has been really slow in spite of my good weight loss. My doctor said to blame it on menopause.

So with that 6 pound loss I am now definitely into onederland and now more than half way done. Even though I was very excited to start IP 5 months ago I just had such a bad track record with diets, I was worried. Yet here I am 70 pounds lighter and feeling really strong (thanks to weight lifting) and feeling so much better about myself. My coach told me today that my doctor who recommended this program to me, was so impressed by my weight loss, she came back to the clinic yesterday because I inspired her to take off the rest of her weight.

So to the newbies... beleive me when I say this really is your last diet and if I can do it, you can do it too. Just make the committment to yourself never to cheat. You deserve to feel and look great!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianButterfly View Post
Wow, everyone is so supportive here, I just started IP on Sunday so I am a super newbie. I have been really sick the last 2 days with REALLY bad headaches. The coach says it is my body getting used to having no sugar and etc. Has anyone else felt this way? I do not want to give up but I don't want to get sick.
Hi Butterfly -

You'll find this is a very supportive and nurturing community. Many of us had similar headaches. I also had extreme fatigue - my legs felt like they weighed a ton.

For your headaches, as others have mentioned, put some of your sea salt in the palm of your hand, lick that, followed by a glass of water. Your headache will go away. Ketosis makes you flush out sodium.

I know it's hard to believe, but in a couple days, and then a couple of weeks, you'll be cruising through the program like a pro. Your first WI will be amazing and you'll be committed.

Congrats on starting!
sherylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #80  

Default Wuv!

Wuv: if you lived in Ohio we would hire you to be our coach in a second! You could try contacting some chiropractic offices with your story. We would be happy to talk to any chiro office about IP and how it has worked in our practice. Also, you could email IP with your story and they may be willing to put you in contact with the regional rep in your area. The regional rep may be able to help place you in an office. We would have been in heaven if we had someone when we started with IP who had personal knowledge of the program and how it worked for them!
Crstyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #81  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

I have a question about measuring your meat raw. What do you do with left overs. I always freeze my left overs to eat when I'm in a rush. How would you measure it out after its cooked. My coach says she weighs it how she eats it. hmmm
janniegoingdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Even those of us who aren't necessarily newbies need words of encouragement too.

I've been on IP for 3 months and have lost 25lbs. However, 7 of them were from being uber sick. I'm going to have to restart do to my illness, and its not going to be easy. As soon as I can eat OP foods (I'm living on applesauce and toast cuz it doesn't make me worse) and have the money to buy new things, I'm doing it.

Also, for the people who think they are somehow deficient for not losing tons of weight right away or 50lbs in 3 months, you are not. Everyone loses weight differently! Its not a bad thing to be unique!

Like you said, everyone loses weight differently!

The past few weeks I have been disappointed in myself; my weekly average of pounds loss is around 2.3lbs a week....I was SO hoping to see that 3lbs a week or higher, as a lot of IPers on here have.

But, I have to accept the fact that 1) I cheated a few times and 2) every single one of us have different bodies.

The past 2 weeks have been rough....I started birth control a little over a week ago, while the following week I got my period...it's done crazy things to my body - I've been nauseous with the runs (sorry for the TMI) for the past 2 weeks. I've been 'off plan' in the sense that I've missed a lot of my food. ...I get weighed in tomorrow, so I'm quite nervous and preparing myself for a disappointment.

With all that said, I have to look at the big picture, which is easier said than done. I'm down 30lbs since I started this diet on December 7th. Made it through the holidays this year by LOSING weight...when does that happen haha?

I'm 10lbs from my goal...with intentions of going an additional 20lbs lower.

I'm a size 10 for the first time that I can remember, and it feels good.

Anyone out there who's doubting themselves, or this diet, needs to look at what they've accomplished thus far. Stick with it...it's worth it!
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi all,

Just wanted to share something that has had me laughing all day. I don't know if any of you have seen the new Geico commercial about weight loss... The guy in the commercial hires three middle school girls (he says popular but I'm thinking mean girls) who follow him around and comment on his food choices -

Their comments are:

Eeew
Seriously?
That's soo gross!

Here's the link to the commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E

Everytime you want to go off plan, think of those middle school girls commenting in your ear...

Have a great IP day!
sherylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Yes then I certainly am confused. I don't think my coach recommends it to everyone, but she knows how much I'm struggling in this area. I don't want to become dependent on stimulants, which I have had to use along with the Benefiber as it wasn't helping enough all the time either. The IP product for being backed up didn't help me unfortunately. I will have to stop using the Benefiber (mine has no sugar, just chicory root. It wasn't a flavored variety). From what I understand chia seeds have no sugar either, but I'm not very knowledgeable on those.
I don't know what all you have tried to help your back up issue, but I do know that Epsom Salts are a natural laxative. You mix some with water and drink. The directions are actually on the box. don't let the name fool you, it is not salt it is a magnesium sulfate compound.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OK
Tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in and I will try to go a week without weighing.. hmmm its gonna be hard, I just got a little lump in my throat when I typed that.. It would be nice to get rid of the obsession.. thanks
Tomorrow is my 3rd WI *and* I have a pretty bad need to weigh myself every morning too, but I'm going to join you putting away the scale. Just for a week, to see how it goes... We can totally do this, right?

And one thing I keep telling myself re: losing this weight: I'm changing a lifetime of bad habits AND it took me YEARS to put the weight on so if takes more time than I'd like, that's okay.

Last edited by KRinOttawa; 03-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Ohh- congratulations!!
You always have such nice heart to heart talks with all of us to keep us motivated! I was tired of all the failures too. We just have to keep chugging away at this and we will get there.
This was exactly what I needed to hear (read.) I went to my third weigh-in and only lost 3/4 lb. Still so far I have averaged over 3 lbs a week. Thanks for the encouragement.
LuluG71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #87  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
I have a question about measuring your meat raw. What do you do with left overs. I always freeze my left overs to eat when I'm in a rush. How would you measure it out after its cooked. My coach says she weighs it how she eats it. hmmm
I try to get packages of meat that will divide out into 8oz servings pretty evenly. I have in the past frozen the left overs and then combined them with other leftovers; some times the same meat, some times different (a little variety). Of course, most of the time, I feed it to my "never been fat" DH.

I'm not too sure about the statement from your coach. That makes it sound like she weighs it after it's cooked, which is not correct.

Hope that helps.
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #88  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Hello everyone. I am away from home for a while. I am doing great so far. I have stayed OP 100% I have been reading your posts daily. It sure keeps my inspired. One of my good friends just started IP yesterday. I told her about this site so she can be inspired by you as well.

To all you Coach purse ladies, I got my first Coach purse after Christmas and I just got a wallet for it. Both were duing sales. I rarely pay full price for things. I must say I am a Coach fan now I asked my Mom for Coach gift certificates for my Birthday and Christmas from now on.
Welcome back. Glad to hear things went well on your trip.
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

I ordered my cap and gown for graduation (nursing school) It asked for my weight and I put 135...that should put the fire under my butt even more! So I HAVE to lose 15 lbs in 12 weeks....thats do-able
massconfusion84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Ishbel! I start a mini-phase off on March 17 for my holiday (also to Mexico) on April 4th!! Will you let me know how it goes for you?!? I'm very nervous about doing this because I'm only half way to goal. I know I have to get back on phase 1 as soon as I get home. I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Rissimo- thank you for the great post this a.m. I'm not new-new but still struggle with the ups and downs, smaller losses etc. A much needed read for me. Really appreciate your insight
Have a great trip. I am phasing off for surgery and just had my first and only phase two weigh in. Down two pounds. Yay me!!!! Phase three tomorrow for a month. Scared about that. But got to buy fruit today. Oops. Did not update ticker.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote