Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Whew, Thanks for clarifying that. I was afraid you were having just 4oz.

Thanks for all of your helpful hints - I've been keeping a word doc of all helpful hints - in case my sisters or friends decide to jion me on this adventure.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #47  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default OT - but found this interesting - someone is watching us

I sometimes have problems on my PC getting to the site and to this particular blog. I just got on Goggle and searched for Ideal Protein Forum Daily Chat 3/7/12 and this was one of the results. How interesting, we're being tracked, graphed, and top posters listed. Made me feel like Big Brother is watching.

http://boardreader.com/fp/3_Fat_Chic..._18854087.html

Be on your toes and do your best. LOL

Anyway, glad to see good results and good luck to all, especially the newbies.
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

had a rough morning today. went to take my kids to their preschool and learned that a classmate, her sister and their dad died last night in a house fire. If you are the praying kind, please lift up the mom/wife Louise. Eddie was a green baret with ‎4 broze stars, a purple heart and 6 tours of duty... http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/mar/...ls-ar-2008691/

anyways, leads to a NSV. another mom and I decided to take the kids to IHOP since they didn't understand why school was closed and there is NOTHING IP friendly on the menu (wasn't about to waste my protein on a rubbery omelet) and I survived on just my water
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I just got on Goggle and searched for Ideal Protein Forum Daily Chat 3/7/12 and this was one of the results. How interesting, we're being tracked, graphed, and top posters listed. Made me feel like Big Brother is watching.
That creeps me out!
seriously Big Brother back off... if I wanna talk about the big C or how I don't lose weight when its TOM I can, but you don't need to know/track it!
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #50  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Anyway, just ordered a Striiv activity monitor from Amazon. Just learned about it yesterday on this wonderful 3FC website. If you don't know what it is, google it and read up on it - looks like it will help me move a little more while having fun. Costs $99 but if it helps me move more and really enjoy the entire experience - will be well worth it.

Wishing you all a wonderful IP day!
Ah, you might find yourself running up and down the stairs just to grab socks or a comb or something just to accept a challenge and get a little prize or something.

I also love the donation aspect. I have not officially donated water yet because I have not logged onto the site but that little gizmo, about the size of a pack of tic tacs, really cheers you on. You would be surprised at how many steps it takes to make a bed. Sometimes when doing laundry I would only take handfuls of clothes just to walk more instead of lugging a full basket. Efficiency is less of a workout. When I would go to a Walmart, I would intentionally pick up one thing and then go to the other end of the store to get something else, instead of doing it in a more methodical circular fashion. I went there more than Target because I know Target like the back of my hand and it is smaller.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Keep it up

Quote:
Good Morning Ipeeps:

Well, weigh in #16 this morning, I am down another 2.6 pounds!!!! I am feeling so much better!! This plan has been such a life saver. I have not had to take any of my medication for Acid Reflux or IBS. And I have not had one migrane since I started. I used to always wake up with a dull headache every morning and go to bed with one and would get migraines 3-4 times a week every week my whole life. And it has been so wonderful not having to deal with those!!!!!

For the newbies out there, this plan really does work if you have your mind set to lose weight. You really have to have your mind, heart and soul set in order for it to work. The first week or so may be the hardest, but once you get past them it is smooth sailing from then on. Don't come into this with your mind set that you are going to have big losses every single week, come into this plan with the mind set that you are changing your habits, the way you think about food and the way that you eat. You are gaining knowledge and will continue learning to help you when you do reach your goal. The weight will go when it is good and ready. Just because you may have a week or two with lower losses does not mean that you are failing this plan because you know that you stayed 100% OP, it just means that your body is having to catch up with what you have lost so far. I know when I started this plan I knew in my heart of hears that I would never had made it this far. My past experiences with diets always ended up in failure within the first few weeks. I guess this time I finally had had enough and I was bound and determined to lose it, 3 1/2 months later and I am still going strong and loving every minute of it. I have not had big losses all the time, and the weeks that I had very little I just keep telling myself that any loss is a good loss regardless of how much or little it is. Everyone's body is different and everyone will lose at different rates. Do not compare your weight loss to anyone else's on this site. And if you do not have ALOT of weight to lose, you will lose at a slower rate. And sometimes it could depend on your age, any medical conditions that you may have etc.... Don't give up on the plan or yourselves. You are so worth it and you do deserve this. Just remember that not eating all the foods that you really enjoy is not forever, it is just temporary and they will still be there when you reach your goal. You may come to find that you may not even want them anymore. I know for me I am not missing anything now like I was in the first month or so. Remember, the pot o gold is at the end of the rainbow and we all will get there one little pound at a time. Just keep your eye on the prize (which is a new and healthier you) and you will succeed!!!

And for those who have started and thought they could not do this and had a little cheat: "Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try." Forgive yourself and jump back on the wagon and move on.

I know that my repeating this all the time may get old for the "seasoned" people on here, but I feel that alot of the newbies need to keep hearing this. Because I know that when I started it was all of ya'll posting about pretty much the same thing that kept me going.

Congratulations on the losses so far and Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP day.
I too feel it is easy sailing the first few weeks are harder but over all easy strict yet easy. I had big loses the first few weeks now in week 9 it all balances out to 4lbs a week. It is so worth it doctor up the food if you don't like something your coach should change it for you and work with you. My coach is great works with me texts me back when I have a question, that makes all the difference sometimes.
Stephanie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Try, try try to put your scale away? Challenge yourself to a week without it, just go a week. Sometimes the scale makes you stress "WHY NOT MORE" and the stress makes you hold onto the weight. I hid my scale at my VIP's house (actually in his garage) probably 6-7 weeks into my IP journey...just recently asked for it back because I need to weigh my travel bags before I get on the plane tomorrow . He keeps forgetting it, not sure if it's on purpose or not.

I was in a vicious cycle of weighing everyday mulitple times a day and I really chilled out after I hid it. Of course I still get anxious but it's not as bad as it used to be.

I challenge you to try a week without it .
So true I would get upset if each day I didn't lose something which upset me so then I said I have been perfect and made myself relax and not weigh everyday and the weight came off without me getting on the scale. So hide it for a week and then you will be so happy when you get on it. You will do the dance of joy.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #53  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I think that's a FANTASTIC idea (I had to have it removed from my house)...I bought myself a new purse (candy apple patent leather coach purse - on sale though, don't judge me!) for going through Christmas without touching a treat...then new years was a lululemon hoodie...hahaha! For a bit there I thought perhaps I was shopping emotionally vice eating emotionally but Christmas was t-o-u-g-h! And when people comment on my purse (friends) I say "that was for sticking to my guns through Christmas"

Always good to set a challenge and have a little reward. I'm on a mini phase off for my trip to Mexico (I leave tomorrow), might have to think of a reward for my first week back on phase 1. hmmmm...lululemon?
Ishbel! I start a mini-phase off on March 17 for my holiday (also to Mexico) on April 4th!! Will you let me know how it goes for you?!? I'm very nervous about doing this because I'm only half way to goal. I know I have to get back on phase 1 as soon as I get home. I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Rissimo- thank you for the great post this a.m. I'm not new-new but still struggle with the ups and downs, smaller losses etc. A much needed read for me. Really appreciate your insight
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #54  

NSV
Yesterday was the first day I wanted chocolate just one piece all day long I had that thought in my mind, I could not believe it 9 weeks and now this was nuts I fought it the entire day I knew it was because of TOM but I did not give in didn't want 1 bite to ruin that day plus 3 more. I went to bed without having it and very proud since it was talking to me all day long.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #55  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Weigh in

Had my WI today lost 2 lbs!! Officially in the 130's now! Didn't lose any inches though, probably because it's TOM

Last edited by desperatetolosegirl; 03-06-2012 at 01:21 PM.
desperatetolosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/10/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Its a good day. I weighed myself this morning and I am in the 140s!! I feel like I'm soon close to my goal weight....I'm really not but 149 seems so much closer to 130 than 150 lol
Way to go girl!!! I can't wait to be in the 140's, it'll definitely feel closer to goal (we have the same goal!). Keep up the great work!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/10/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
One can never have too much lululemon, or too many coach purses...red sounds fabulous!
As a lululemon addict & a Coach lover, I must say I agree 100%!!!

Also I noticed you said the Calcium Magnesium before bed helps with your bowels. Is this just the IP supplement? I was going to look into getting some Magnesium Citrate after reading that patns uses it for regularity.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #58  

I have a question has anyone made it to maintenance and has keep the weight off? Keep reading people get close to goal have a slip and are right back to the beginning weight. That scares me.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #59  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
What a great morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm under 200 WELCLOME to onelander So So excited!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS 100poundfreeway! That is awesome!
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #60  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
All meat is 8oz, there is no exception on this.
My clinic is still stating 5 - 8 oz. of evening protein. 5 oz. for chicken and beef and up to 8 if I am having fish. This is only my 2nd week. I have read on the message boards where there was a program change a while back...but my clinic is still under the old guidelines I guess.
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote