Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvleebrown View Post
Hello,

I am restarting IP again. I have not been consistently successful on this plan since the summer of 2010. I've fallen, over and over again, but today I'm getting back up on the wagon again. Any well wishes would be appreciated. Thanks!
Luvlee, Remember today is a new day. The people on here help enormously when you are feeling down or need help with anything. I never thought there was any hope of ever losing any of my weight like others on here till my older sister told me about this program. You have done it before so you know it works. For me, it is just never wanting to go back to that place again and continuing to do better for myself. I wish you the best.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAussie View Post
day 5, still hungry, little shaky, no energy.....is this normal?
It was sort of the way I felt - consider drinking a lot of flavored water (I learned about Mio water flavoring from this website and they work for me - really takes the edge off my appetite and the extra hydration fuels energy. I drink a gallon of flavored water each day. Buy Mio in little bottles at grocery store near the crystal light.)

The energy will come and everyone is different - some feel a burst of energy, others feel a consistent availability of energy. I was more the consistent type, just sort of happened and one day I noticed it was mid afternoon and I wasn't tired or hungry. Not rarin' to go but still could go and do anything, including light to medium exercise.

Hang in there! Plus very soon your clothes will be looser, you will love it!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvleebrown View Post
Hello,

I am restarting IP again. I have not been consistently successful on this plan since the summer of 2010. I've fallen, over and over again, but today I'm getting back up on the wagon again. Any well wishes would be appreciated. Thanks!
Luv,
Remember why you are doing this and how great it will feel to be your ideal weight, how healthy you'll be, how gorgeous you'll look, how confident and happy you'll be... Plus stay on these boards, they are so motivating!

Good luck, you can do this - after all, its really a choice you are making, make the choice for the healthier and happier you, you are worth it!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, looking like another skinny feeling day maybe that means the woosh fairy will come visit me this week! at least I can hope so right?.....lol...Looks like we have a lot of restarters, welcome back, y'all know it works and glad to have y'all back. Just to let y'all know there is a thread for restarters as well. I hope everyone has a bright Monday and a successful one!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
NSV this weekend. DID not recognize self in a photo. yay, me!!!
WOW, that's amazing and wonderful!

Good work on the weight loss!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Isn't that the best feeling?!?!?!? I've been hanging to some jeans for a few years hoping to get back into them and now they are too big!
Mustang Molly (and anyone else who knows how to do this),
how did you get those little dancing happy faces under your ticker signature? I finally got my ticker signature last week, so exciting, now want to jazz it up, but can't see how top do that. Didn't see instructions on it.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Oh a funny tidbit...
I usually have the crispy cereal in the morning so when I was fixing it the first morning on my trip I realized I forgot to pack a spoon to mix it and didn't feel like going to get one. So I thought I would just put it in my shaker cup and gently shake it but wanted to leave the metal ball in there to make sure there wouldn't be any lumps left in there from the milk. Planned on drinking it from the cup then. Got distracted for a minute or two. Went to open it and found ALL of the cereal had clumped inside of the metal ball and you know how the cereal expands a bit? I had all I could do to try to stretch out that ball to get the cereal to drop down into the milk. What a mess. Turned out to be more cereal than milk. I had to add a bit more water and actually lost the nice taste of the packet I enjoy. Lesson learned. Don't get distracted. Better yet, don't forget to pack a spoon!
Too funny... i had a similar encounter this morning. I'm staying in a hotel and also forgot to bring a spoon so I put the cereal pack in a water bottle and shook it up. when I poured it out half the crispies were stuck in the bottle so i had to shake it like crazy to get them out... couldn't leave one behind lol much more soggy than usual but still filling. Must find a spoon somewhere today
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Mustang Molly (and anyone else who knows how to do this),
how did you get those little dancing happy faces under your ticker signature? I finally got my ticker signature last week, so exciting, now want to jazz it up, but can't see how top do that. Didn't see instructions on it.

Thanks in advance for the help!
go to CP user, edit signature, you have to actually add the smiley's yourself each time
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 181/167.2/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Had my two week weigh in this past saturday - after my trip to San Francisco. I lost 4.8 during the two weeks so I was pleased! I did have 3 "taste tests" while I was away but don't feel I am on a slippery slope or anything. One was a bread that was set on the table. It had olives baked into it and I love olives so I was intrigued. I just cut out a small quarter size of bread with the olive in it and tried it and was not impressed. That was all. The next was a small glass of wine due to a tasting. Really just a tasters amount. Eh...That was all. Last was an apple dessert. You know those teeny tiny ones about an inch wide? Usually the apples are still hard not soft like I like them. So I was just wondering....Yep, tried it. Soft. That's all I needed to know though. So I told my coach this when I went to weigh in and she said that she thinks I will do well in maintanence because I can try something now and walk away within reason. Or have that conversation with myself that we all need to have and reason it out. For me I think it is just knowing the texture. I am one of those touchy feely people in the stores that touch things as I walk by. The fabrics, wood, dishes.... Never realized that with the food till now! Even though I tried these things this time while I was away I am at all other times 100% OP. Some might say that I am not 100% OP then. But I am not on a slippery slope, I am back home and I am 100% OP.
Oh, I did a ton of walking up and down those hills too. Sore calf muscles. Didn't eat an extra packet or anything. Just stayed with the plan.
Good for you staying OP while away!! that is really hard to do; I also think that it is easier to stay OP when you are able to have a bite of whatever it is you are curious about and move on, in my case I know if I suppress the craving too hard I am more likely to binge later on whatever. So while eating out or traveling taking a bite of something and move on as planned. And I am sure with all that walking it balances out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJAussie View Post
day 5, still hungry, little shaky, no energy.....is this normal?

It's going to be bad before it gets better but it just a stage of adjustment, soon you'll feel more energized and once you see the results you'll see it's worthy. Make sure you are drinking all your water as well as your vegetables; if you are hungry lettuce is unlimited -someone said cucumbers are unlimited now too- and you can maybe add an extra packet. Hand in there it does get better!!

It is week 3 for me officially -about week 6 in general- it also is TOM so I on WI I found that I gained a pound...surely I must be bloated like crazy because my wedding ring doesn't fit me but my clothes are looser than usual even for being bloated which me and my husband found hilarious...even my boots are big!! Last year when I started the program I lost a whole shoe size along with the pounds!! how crazy is that?!?!?

Have a great an OP day!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
Has anyone used Miracle Rice/Noodle. Shirataki Rice. I saw a recipe on You Tube using Miracle rice, the girl was doing Ideal Protein.
I might suggest starting with the angel hair, its more convincing as "real noodles" and I like them, but tried the fettuchini and the thickness was too much for me... they are great in stir-fries!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi all, I had my 3 wk weigh in and lost a total of 9.4 lbs. Do to weather have not been able to weigh in cause it's a hours drive for me. So thrilled! That makes 27 pounds gone since Jan 2!
That's so great! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #42  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Had my two week weigh in this past saturday - after my trip to San Francisco. I lost 4.8 during the two weeks so I was pleased! I did have 3 "taste tests" while I was away but don't feel I am on a slippery slope or anything. One was a bread that was set on the table. It had olives baked into it and I love olives so I was intrigued. I just cut out a small quarter size of bread with the olive in it and tried it and was not impressed. That was all. The next was a small glass of wine due to a tasting. Really just a tasters amount. Eh...That was all. Last was an apple dessert. You know those teeny tiny ones about an inch wide? Usually the apples are still hard not soft like I like them. So I was just wondering....Yep, tried it. Soft. That's all I needed to know though. So I told my coach this when I went to weigh in and she said that she thinks I will do well in maintanence because I can try something now and walk away within reason. Or have that conversation with myself that we all need to have and reason it out. For me I think it is just knowing the texture. I am one of those touchy feely people in the stores that touch things as I walk by. The fabrics, wood, dishes.... Never realized that with the food till now! Even though I tried these things this time while I was away I am at all other times 100% OP. Some might say that I am not 100% OP then. But I am not on a slippery slope, I am back home and I am 100% OP.
Oh, I did a ton of walking up and down those hills too. Sore calf muscles. Didn't eat an extra packet or anything. Just stayed with the plan.
This is good to know. I have been wondering about maintenance, wondering what it will take to not put the weight back on. I know with diets you usually put it all back and then some.

I also think that once we get the cravings out of our body, it should be easier to just taste and nibble here and there without going overboard. At least that is what I am hoping. I also touch everything in the stores. Usually, it's fabric and furniture. I also stick my fingers in fountains.

Too funny about the cereal. I usually travel with you know those plastic utensils from restaurants but the time I need it, it's not there. Last summer I bought these like sporks or these combined plastic utensils.

How do you eat your cereal? I add vanilla stevia and it has helped a lot.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday Everyone!
Today was my first weigh in.....Down 8 pounds!!! Did a little happy dance in the office!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #44  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

From yesterday's thread.

If you want to increase your exercise without having to go to a gym, check out 90 Second Fitness Solution....there are only 2 exercises you need to do to build muscle (per this book), and they are the plank and the wall sit. The rest of the book adds to that basic plan, and will kick most people's butts (and their thighs, and their arms).

Some videos on Youtube for 90 Second Fitness Solution:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...l0l79l79l1l1l0

The book on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/90-Second-Fitn.../dp/1416566481

Between that book and the Fitbit that I purchased (very motivational!!), I do not plan on joining the gym again until I completely maxed out those options. (and based on how hard the advanced exercises in the 90 sec book are, I don't see that happening!)

Link to the Fitbit:
http://www.fitbit.com/product

Thank you, bethanym
I have the Striiv and love it. You are right. They are highly motivating. DH uses the Fitbit and he loves it. More discreet.
I like the idea of these exercises. How are you doing with your exercises? As you lose weight on this diet, you can feel your muscles more (at least I can...never did before) but there is some flab. Moreso arms, upper thighs so these exercises might help those.

I just got the yoga pants like you guys and cause of that video so I thought I want to use them. They really do slim you down. I use leggings and a light tee for my weigh-in's but I might use these these pants.

I am not joining a gym until I am in a later phase. Going to move my IP dollar to that and some other things.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #45  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Too funny... i had a similar encounter this morning. I'm staying in a hotel and also forgot to bring a spoon so I put the cereal pack in a water bottle and shook it up. when I poured it out half the crispies were stuck in the bottle so i had to shake it like crazy to get them out... couldn't leave one behind lol much more soggy than usual but still filling. Must find a spoon somewhere today
Man, those little suckers get fat and water logged don't they? LOL!! Don't know which way was worse!
Closed Thread