Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is the recipe for the pancake:

1 pkg crispy cereal crushed
2 egg whites beaten
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash cinnamon & nutmeg

Beat eggs and add drying ingredients.
I spray a pan with Pam and heat the pan first, lower the heat, brown pancake slowly.

For "crisp" I spray something like a ramekin ( I have a brie baker for smaller brie round that is excellent size) with Pam. If I skip this part the cereal mixture sticks to the dish and I don't get to eat some of it.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.
Yum...now I just have to find the rhubarb. I remember one of my favorite desserts from back in the day used to be peach cobbler. I have been drooling each and every time someone mentioned this. Thanx for the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wow! Perfect record 66 in 66.
Good for both of you.
The dreams on the plan are unreal. Or maybe real. It shows how much of our focus is concentrated on winning the battle this time.
I know. Some are just crazy. Many are very vivid and involved. We lose weight kinda neck in neck. He will drop a pound and then another which tells me I am right around the corner and so on and so on. It cracks me up. But, I think his full goal is twice what mine is. He is excited about going to ComicCon this year slimmer. He thinks we will have more fun.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #32  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
My jars at home are finally looking almost even. That is exciting. My home jars have my full goal weight. You must do the jars. Once you hear that clink it will really motivate you. I think that is important early on in this diet. A bit later trying on clothes motivates you. We need different things at different times. These days it's going to the bathroom.

I had 2 good bathroom days and today we even got ComicCon tickets. So my inner geek is stoked.
Isn't it funny what we are reduced to appreciating? Who ever thought bathroom days would be important, lol.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Mini goal #3 today - 138
Whew.

We are now down 66 lbs collectively. 66 lbs in 66 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CONGRATS!! Keep up the amazing work you guys are an inspiration!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #34  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Third date....same guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
AWESOME! Maybe it's really "new body, new hair, new man!!"

just sayin', Wuv

Last edited by purple sky; 03-03-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: wasn't done yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Hey everyone! Congrats on your progress!

I have a quick question. I am in love with the oatmeal and I eat it as my restricted every morning. I've been eating oatmeal every day for 3 years lol. Anyway, I'm sad that I must choose between my morning oatmeal and the delicious bars, chili etc. each day. I recently found online oatmeal from ProtiDiet. It has 6 carbs (1 fiber). Would this count as unrestricted? Because that would make me the happiest girl this side of the Mississippi.
Yes it is low in carbs and doesn't count as a restrictive. I switched to alternatives a month back and everything I've ordered from Protienwell which carries the ProtiDiet products is very tasty - no bad luck yet. The oatmeal is really enjoyable and I love the blueberry pancakes - not restricted either.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone
We are having company for a fondu tonight which I think should be fairly manageable, I'm doing beef, chicken and mushrooms with a large salad and a couple things I'll stay away from - twice stuffed potatoes and garlic bread and dessert.

I've made a platter of veggies to snack on first as well as bacon wrapped water chestnuts - question: are we allowed water chestnuts? I know bacon may be questionable but a couple of those would be awesome

thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #37  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good morning everyone
We are having company for a fondu tonight which I think should be fairly manageable, I'm doing beef, chicken and mushrooms with a large salad and a couple things I'll stay away from - twice stuffed potatoes and garlic bread and dessert.

I've made a platter of veggies to snack on first as well as bacon wrapped water chestnuts - question: are we allowed water chestnuts? I know bacon may be questionable but a couple of those would be awesome

thanks!
Watercress are allowed , NO to waterchest nuts.....15g of carbs per serving!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 03-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192/165.2/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Yes it is low in carbs and doesn't count as a restrictive. I switched to alternatives a month back and everything I've ordered from Protienwell which carries the ProtiDiet products is very tasty - no bad luck yet. The oatmeal is really enjoyable and I love the blueberry pancakes - not restricted either.
I have a question. I just went up to Nashua Nutrition to purchase the ProtiDiet pancakes cause they are not restricted. Another IP person was their so I told her about them. She asked why they weren't and I told because they were under six carbs, is that correct?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197/177/130

Height: 5'6"

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

Just wanted to post something I learned...
I had ordered some Agar Agar with my Miracle Rice because it was said to have 0 everything and to really curb your appetite and had some gentle laxative properties. So, I prepared some last night (and enjoyed itthoroughly) sweetened with Stevia and flavored with Mia and cinnamon. Just out of curiousity, and because somehow I felt that it was way too enjoyable to not be of limits..lol, I checked my ketosis. Low and behold, the ketostix indicated I was completely out of ketosis. I had checked not long before eating and was definitely in big time. Now I guess I get to see how long it takes for me to get back to where I was. Oh well... a lesson learned!

Take care everyone and happy IP'ing.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci3230 View Post
I have a question. I just went up to Nashua Nutrition to purchase the ProtiDiet pancakes cause they are not restricted. Another IP person was their so I told her about them. She asked why they weren't and I told because they were under six carbs, is that correct?
you did well, grasshopper!!...you are CORRECT!!....see the things you are learning????......lol
Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci3230 View Post
Yes the protidiet products are a life saver to me. It means I can have those things and also a restricted each day. I think the cut off for IP products to be a restricted is 8 carbs.
The downside of the protidiet products is that they don't work well in the recipes that require pkgs. Some people have also said they are more hungry on them but I didn't find that.

Pat
Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #42  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Well, back from my WI only 1lb and only 2 inches. UGGGGG! I know I am whinning but dang it, I have alwasy been 100%OP.
Got talked into the Novi cleanse, and yea that's gonna help my wallet.
I don't get, really I don't.
Good news my diet buddy lost 8lbs! She is into the 200's which I am so happy for.
Yall be blessed!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 192/165.2/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
you did well, grasshopper!!...you are CORRECT!!....see the things you are learning????......lol
Then she asked me why IP chocolate. Drink mix is unrestricted considering it has 9 cards, Does anyone know?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Does anyone elso use pinterest and look at the fitness section for motivation? Heres my link to my pins http://pinterest.com/chastity_gillin/new-me/
MassConfusion84,
Great board. I heard on pinterest before but never did one. Loved your many quotes. Where do you find those?
thanks,
Chloe
Old 03-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/128

Height: 5'3

Love the pintrest links for this thread!

Just wanted to share as I am excited on the SV and NSV this week:
I fit into 2 pairs of pants that I haven't worn for over a year (about 2 months ago I thought I would have to throw them out).

I also hopped onto my WiFit this morning and discovered that I am the finally back to my initial weight when I got the Wi about 2 years ago! No more exponential weight gain for this lady!

Hope everyone has an OP weekend - this IP works! Thank you for all the tips and motivation!

Last edited by efrikanprincess; 03-03-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread