Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #61  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I am a horrible cook, and a worse one when it comes to IP I tried to make the chocolate pancake and it was too runny, so then I put it in the oven to make a muffin. Ended up eathing warm mushy chocolate stuff. Oh well, it tasted ok.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #62  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGal1 View Post
Today is Day 1 for me…again. My 2012 New Year’s resolution was to focus on my health. I started this program January and lost a total of 19lbs in 52 days. I’ve never felt better – my skin looked amazing, I had great energy, and I loved all the compliments I was receiving. But most of all, I loved how I felt about myself. When I looked in the mirror, I actually liked what I saw! I saw not only a thinner me, but a person in control of her life. Food didn’t rule me any longer.

My first cheat was a small bite of something. I’m actually not really sure what compelled me to do it, but I did it. Sure, I thought about the 52 days I had put into the program but at that moment in time I didn’t care. I’ve been off the program since then(~7 days) and have had feelings of guilt and regret. I’ve found that food once again rules my thoughts.

I’ve recommitted myself to the program so today is my Day 1…again.
Good for you!!! So glad you didn't wait any longer to return
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

How many eggs is a protein for dinner?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #64  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I just have a question for people that have been on IP a while. I've been HUNGRY just out right HUNGRY for the past 2 weeks, going on 3 now. I thought at first it was just stress of losing my job etc. But, I'm thinking maybe I'm moving around too much? And therefore need another packet? Because I've been doing LOTS of yard work, heavy lifting, remodeling a house is tough work lol. SO i'm thinking that's what is wrong with me because I've been getting light headed too..? Anyone ever get like this?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #65  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Wow what great losses you all are posting today Congrats to all of you on getting closer to your goals!

My scale was up 0.8 of a pound from where I was Tuesday. Trying not to be disappointed or discouraged. I weigh in early this week (Saturday instead of Monday) so it's looking like I'm not going to have a very good loss week again. I was thinking about switching up when I eat my restricted. I eat it at night after supper because I am up late and like to have something snacky. I like to save it for late in the day so that I have something to look forward to. I'm scared if I eat it at lunch or something I will have cravings for it at night and end up eating something I shouldn't. Guess I need to trust that I just won't. Any other suggestions for getting my weight moving again? I'm wondering if I'm starting to put on a little more muscles with being back to regular kickboxing & now hot yoga? My clinic doesn't measure body fat and those kinds of stats, so I have no idea where I am with those things.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I just have a question for people that have been on IP a while. I've been HUNGRY just out right HUNGRY for the past 2 weeks, going on 3 now. I thought at first it was just stress of losing my job etc. But, I'm thinking maybe I'm moving around too much? And therefore need another packet? Because I've been doing LOTS of yard work, heavy lifting, remodeling a house is tough work lol. SO i'm thinking that's what is wrong with me because I've been getting light headed too..? Anyone ever get like this?
I have been too...glad I'm not the only one! I started having an extra packet once I started working out. Even on the days I don't work out because I'm so hungry. I know you can have egg whites, but I'm not a fan! I just started this last week and I had a really good loss last week. I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how it impacts me this week.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Miranda, we started at practically the same time and I'm experiencing the same thing in terms of hunger. I am also moving around a lot (exercising) and am wondering if this is the cause too. I do eat an extra packet on kickboxing days, but still seem to be hungry on others. I don't know if this is the 7 week itch on the IP program perhaps?? I haven't experienced the light headedness though. I've noticed my body is very efficient at using fats for fuel now, I feel great at kickboxing, whereas when I tried when I first started IP I ended up throwing up and feeling sick for the whole night afterwards.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Wow what great losses you all are posting today Congrats to all of you on getting closer to your goals!

My scale was up 0.8 of a pound from where I was Tuesday. Trying not to be disappointed or discouraged. I weigh in early this week (Saturday instead of Monday) so it's looking like I'm not going to have a very good loss week again. I was thinking about switching up when I eat my restricted. I eat it at night after supper because I am up late and like to have something snacky. I like to save it for late in the day so that I have something to look forward to. I'm scared if I eat it at lunch or something I will have cravings for it at night and end up eating something I shouldn't. Guess I need to trust that I just won't. Any other suggestions for getting my weight moving again? I'm wondering if I'm starting to put on a little more muscles with being back to regular kickboxing & now hot yoga? My clinic doesn't measure body fat and those kinds of stats, so I have no idea where I am with those things.
Do you add an extra packet when you work out? You should add 1/2 before 1/2 after. Maybe you aren't consuming enough calories for the amount of activity you are doing. I used to eat the bar at night also, but switched it to my afternoon snack to have when I work out. 1/2 before and 1/2 after. It also kinda feels like my reward for working out. I do miss eating it before bedtime, but I have hot chocolate or butterscotch pudding instead...they are both delicious!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #69  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I have been too...glad I'm not the only one! I started having an extra packet once I started working out. Even on the days I don't work out because I'm so hungry. I know you can have egg whites, but I'm not a fan! I just started this last week and I had a really good loss last week. I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how it impacts me this week.
I eat egg whites lol. I eat some pickles and STILL. Then some days I'm all la la la la and FORGET to eat & then I pay for it later ugh. It's just back & forth. But the last 2 SOLID weeks have been mmmmmm let's eat EVERYTHING! including the computer!

I keep having the feelings of "I'm going to go off plan" but then I still stay on plan. I'm the worst diet sabotager ever. But I guess that just shows how far I've actually came. This time last week I was like being a butthead to myself thinking, I'll just eat pizza...... but then I just didn't. Therefore, I don't think it's that I want *pizza* I just want the freedom to eat what I want. Does that make any sense?

I don't hate the IP alternatives at all, I don't mind the meat portions or anything; I'm just a weirdo.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie7878 View Post
Is the cereal restricted food my coach said yes but I keep reading on other sites it is not? Help
Your coach has gotten the maple oatmeal and the cereal confused. The cereal has 7 grams of carbs. It is not restricted. It is not on the list of the restricted items on the phase 1 protocol sheet.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I was like that about 3 weeks ago. I was afraid to add anything else that was not on the sheet. That was when I started making hard boiled eggs. I don't use egg whites in any recipes so I figured I would be ok with 2 hard egg whites a day. That sure seemed to help. I also have little pickles on hand for that issue. Oh try a lick of salt also for the light headed feeling. It worked for the most part. You might want to try a extra packet or half of one too. I was afraid to do it even when I started exercising but it is sooooo worth it. I have been much better with my egg whites plus half a extra packet.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

I keep having the feelings of "I'm going to go off plan" but then I still stay on plan. I'm the worst diet sabotager ever.
I do something like that too. On Sunday I make a huge salad and hubby BBQs nice sirloin steaks or pork chops. He puts WF BBQ sauce on mine. I enjoy that meal so much, but then I feel guilty all day thinking I cheated but it is totally OP.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh no on the cucumbers. They are my staple for lunch with a kohlrabi. I think I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that. Just for today, of course. Lol. Does that mean pickles r free, too. That would be a double oh no.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #74  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Oh no on the cucumbers. They are my staple for lunch with a kohlrabi. I think I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that. Just for today, of course. Lol. Does that mean pickles r free, too. That would be a double oh no.
lol I must have missed what you're talking about. All I eat is cucumbers
Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #75  
Gotta keep trying!

Ah I see the cucumber convo now. I guess I will just stick with what's been working for me because I don't eat any of the other veggies at ALL :/ I've tried them before, tried them now & I'm all good
Closed Thread