Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #1  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Default HELP!! Fully OP and having really crappy losses!!

Hey guys.....so here it is I lost 9 lbs in me first week and have only been losing 1 lb a week steady for 3 weeks!!! Wth?? I'm fully OP and haven't cheated in the whole 29 days.....any ideas?? I'm so discounraged and want to quit the program I've had losses at 1 lb a week on a normal diet so I'm not happy at all
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

I'm -12 for 27 days staying 100% OP as well, I think your huge loss week one might have set you up with a skewed sense... because we've still averaging 3lbs a week. I'm sure in the next 2 weeks you'll see some movement. Good Luck!
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #3  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

I'm not expecting huge numbers but that being said .8 and .9 are pretty bad...3 lbs is the low end of the scale it says between 3-5 lbs a week
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

TOM can slow me down for a couple weeks sometimes, but it's different for everybody. Make sure you're getting in all your water, oil, sea salt and supplements. Hang in there and give it a couple more weeks.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think those with less to lose tend to lose a bit slower than those who have a lot. Guess it can depend on our bodies and the amount of calories we need to function. I have averaged 3 lb. a week but my sister has only averaged 2.5 lb. So we're all different. A LOSS IS STILL A LOSS!

Last edited by Goldenrod; 02-29-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Goldenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

*hugs* I feel your pain! My losses have been very unpredictable. My last one of 0.3lbs was an uber disappointment and I'm fighting the scale at home this week. I have an early weigh in this week (Saturday instead of Monday) so I'm trying to prep myself for something less than spectacular. Did you have your weigh-in number 4 today? How did that go? I'm here for you!
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Hey guys.....so here it is I lost 9 lbs in me first week and have only been losing 1 lb a week steady for 3 weeks!!! Wth?? I'm fully OP and haven't cheated in the whole 29 days.....any ideas?? I'm so discounraged and want to quit the program I've had losses at 1 lb a week on a normal diet so I'm not happy at all

Don't stress over it too much. Your body has to get catch up with what you have lost so far. And when you do not have that much to lose, it tends to go a little slower. Eveyone's body is different and everyone will lose at different rates. Any loss no matter how small you may think it is, is a good loss. Take it one day at a time and do not go by the scale all the time, go by how you feel, how your clothes fit etc... Be proud of what you have lost so far. Remember, it could always be going in the opposite direction, and then that is when I would begin to worry. Hang in there.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/165.2/140

Hang in there. I have also heard that the less you have to lose the slower it comes off and that even if you are not losing lbs you could be losing inches. My coach told me for women it is on average 2-3 lbs per week.
marci3230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

At 166 you are 'carving' the fat from your body, vice letting it melt off like I did at the beginning. At 179 a 9 lbs loss is FANTASTIC and a MASSIVE loss (considering your starting weight) and I really think you're body is catching up.

Speaking from experience (check out my stats) I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU on the frustration level. Keep doing it keep plugging ahead and TRY try try not to compare yourself to others (easier said then done). At the end of the day this is your journey and your body so it's not going to react the same as others.

I have said this in the mirror many a times the past couple of weeks while stomping my food "WHY?! when I'm 100%??!!"

to all of you!

PS - I also say to myself "patience grasshopper your time will come"
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Look at your average. You have lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks. That is over 3 lbs a week. Your body needs to catch up. Hang in there
Shayideal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hmmm....I can see why you would be frustrated considering you can lose the same amount on other diets... Did your coach have any words of wisdom? Also, the first week is also a big number due to water weight and such. Sorry I can't help but wish you the best of luck with others who are giving your guidance. I hope something clicks (especially for the cost of this program!!!) Good luck.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #11  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
You had your tom for the last 2 weigh-ins, I think that's your answer. Let's see what your 4th weigh in brings before you get too discouraged. Hang in there, this program is worth it!
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I so hear you. My last 3 weeks have been 1.0, 1.8, and 0, and this week is looking like another 0-1 lb one. I'm in week 7 right now so yeah, this is definitely affecting my overall average. I know that this is about the weight that I spent most of my adult life at, so I kind of get why my body might think it's home free now... but at the same time it kind of freaks me out to think it can feel home free at less than 1000 cal/day. I'm not losing anything - lbs, inches, body fat. I passed the end of my patience last week, now I'm that person in line scowling, tapping her feet, and sighing loudly.

I'm staying 100% OP. Right now, it's because I know if I gave up I'd definitely not lose any more weight, but if I stick with it there's some snowball's chance in **** for a visit from "the whoosh fairy" (I'd take her mini-me too, just get me out of this stall!!) It's beyond frustrating, and with a diet this strict it's not like we have a lot of options to change things up or feel like we have some control over the situation.

It's incredibly helpful to hear from people who felt like this, were fully OP yet had long "stalls", and made it through the other side. For those of you who did: how long did your body "rest" and "catch up" for? How has it been since? What got you through?
lingereverywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingereverywhere View Post
I so hear you. My last 3 weeks have been 1.0, 1.8, and 0, and this week is looking like another 0-1 lb one. I'm in week 7 right now so yeah, this is definitely affecting my overall average. I know that this is about the weight that I spent most of my adult life at, so I kind of get why my body might think it's home free now... but at the same time it kind of freaks me out to think it can feel home free at less than 1000 cal/day. I'm not losing anything - lbs, inches, body fat. I passed the end of my patience last week, now I'm that person in line scowling, tapping her feet, and sighing loudly.

I'm staying 100% OP. Right now, it's because I know if I gave up I'd definitely not lose any more weight, but if I stick with it there's some snowball's chance in **** for a visit from "the whoosh fairy" (I'd take her mini-me too, just get me out of this stall!!) It's beyond frustrating, and with a diet this strict it's not like we have a lot of options to change things up or feel like we have some control over the situation.

It's incredibly helpful to hear from people who felt like this, were fully OP yet had long "stalls", and made it through the other side. For those of you who did: how long did your body "rest" and "catch up" for? How has it been since? What got you through?
Not everyone loses weight quickly on this diet. The first time I did it, I lost 6 lbs the first week, 4 the second week and then averaged 1 lb. a week for the next 2 and a half months until I (very stupidly) quit. I then gained it all back and then some so now a year later - I am on it again. But the thing that I noticed with this diet way more than on any other diet - was how much smaller I got. I was wearing clothes at 183 lbs that I used to wear at 163 lbs. So - pay attention to your inches lost. This diet melts fat specifically. Last week I only lost 1.8 lbs. but I lost almost 4 lbs. of body fat. I'll take it. So pay attention to how much looser your clothes are feeling and know that even if your losses aren't spectacular - you're getting smaller, still moving in the right direction and most of all - improving your health.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

What ideal proteins are you eating? Are you in ketosis? I was having 3 chocolate shakes a day and in the beginning I was loosing, then I stalled. So now I look at the carb intake and try to keep switching it around. One week I go low and see weight loss and then I will go a little higher so my body doesn't think it is starving. Carb intake should be between 25 & 40 g.

You will lose weight on this diet. Stick with it!
salmongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Even with the low calorie count, your body may have gotten accustomed to a food routine. Are you eating the same IP packets every day? Are you eating the same real foods every day? The same way your body can get use to an exercise routine, it can get stuck if you are in a rut with food choices. If I think I am slowing down, I try to change the IP & real foods choices I make at least a little bit for a week. Plus I increase my water as well.

Could be something to think about........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I have said this in the mirror many a times the past couple of weeks while stomping my food "WHY?! when I'm 100%??!!"
I spit ice tea out when I read this....all I could picture was Ishbel stomping a packet of crispy cereal and thinking she must be thinking of making pancakes! Wouldn't it be easier to use a rolling pin?
ptod is offline   Reply With Quote