Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Hey guys.....so here it is I lost 9 lbs in me first week and have only been losing 1 lb a week steady for 3 weeks!!! Wth?? I'm fully OP and haven't cheated in the whole 29 days.....any ideas?? I'm so discounraged and want to quit the program I've had losses at 1 lb a week on a normal diet so I'm not happy at all
I think you are the one who has been posting everyday for the past few weeks about why people are eating restricteds and how you can cut down more on carbs? I apologize if I'm wrong but if you are cutting things out from the careful balanced program you are not OP and your body is likely hanging on for dear life to whatever nurrients you are getting in.
If you post your everyday food plan people can give you feedback on what may be happening.
Also 9 pounds is huge in one week so as others have said, it will take a while for your body to adjust to that.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #17  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

I was frustrated like yourself, losing 1 or 2lbs. Last week, started doing my Elliptical 1/2hr -40mins a day. This weeks WI was 5.5lbs! Definitely made a difference. My coach told me to make sure I had an IP shake about 45 min. after workout, and I may have to have 4 IP packets per day because my body may go into starvation mode and not lose any weight. Anyway, I plan my meals around my workouts and my weight loss has not stalled on the 3 IPs a day. I hope this helps.
Patty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #18  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

So this is the plan.....this week im going to do more then the required water and add 30-40 mins of cardio I was told not to add any restricteds till 2-3 weeks I was erring or the side of caution waiting 3 weeks. Also I do switch my food and my IP products up so I just dont know I was down one day this week to 166.6 then I was 168.2 this WI....I dont really understand. I have hypo thyroid and anemia and I expect to be slower but this is just depressing......Ill let you know how the changes help Tahnk you all for your amazing replies!!!
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #19  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

I've had restricteds since Day 1 and I am HypoThyroid too. I think if you add some exercise and have your restricteds. BTW the Lemon Puffs is what gets me to the next day!
Patty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post

I spit ice tea out when I read this....all I could picture was Ishbel stomping a packet of crispy cereal and thinking she must be thinking of making pancakes! Wouldn't it be easier to use a rolling pin?
MUHAHAHA Awesome, hopefully everyone is Ishbel fluent though! I meant my foot.

Although - now that I'm posting on here, two weeks of 0 loss and this week 6.8...(and I'm phasing off for a vacation) so chin up plug along it will come grasshopper!

Easier said then done I admit...I had to have a few pep talks from friends on here and friends and family offline.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
MUHAHAHA Awesome, hopefully everyone is Ishbel fluent though! I meant my foot.

Although - now that I'm posting on here, two weeks of 0 loss and this week 6.8...(and I'm phasing off for a vacation) so chin up plug along it will come grasshopper!

Easier said then done I admit...I had to have a few pep talks from friends on here and friends and family offline.
Hurrah!!!!! I read somewhere wheer one of the coaches had said sometimes when someone doesn't lose for a while, doing a week of phase two charges things up. seems to have worked for you. Again proof that cutting back on things is not usually the best plan for a slowdown.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #22  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

My weight loss stalled and like I posted in another similar thread, I added a restricted and lost 3 lbs in a week.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #23  
Started IP 02/01/2012

thanks again!! you guys are an amzing help that I needed to keep going
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I had WI4 this morning and am down a total of 8.5 pounds with less than a 3 inch loss since day 1. I have not cheated in the slightest at all, and there are moments when I am very discouraged. But I know the program works, even if it feels very slow at first. You have to have faith in the program and faith in yourself. For me, it is all about starting something and seeing it to the end, no matter how long the journey. I am also in the process of trying other alternative products since IP is so expensive and I am losing sooo slowly! Keep your head up and you will do well!!
alex1space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #25  
Started IP 02/01/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1space View Post
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I had WI4 this morning and am down a total of 8.5 pounds with less than a 3 inch loss since day 1. I have not cheated in the slightest at all, and there are moments when I am very discouraged. But I know the program works, even if it feels very slow at first. You have to have faith in the program and faith in yourself. For me, it is all about starting something and seeing it to the end, no matter how long the journey. I am also in the process of trying other alternative products since IP is so expensive and I am losing sooo slowly! Keep your head up and you will do well!!
awww thx! I see your weight and losses are similar to mine....let me know how the alt products work for you and how they taste I ordered protidiet bars too.....half the cost nearly...sooo well see how they turn out
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I have stalled at week 3-4. I read that this is really not an uncommon event.

I do not plan to cut back anything and though I don't have a restricted every day, I do on any day I want one. I am keeping my activity very moderate. Since I lost some weight,I have been more active but don't plan on working out in order to lose weight at this point.

I have dieted before and cutting back on an already low caloried diet really slowed me down previously. My body was sure I was going to starve it and went into full conservation mode. I don't want to over exercise and cut back and subsequently lose muscle in the process either. if I were to add exercise, I would increase my packet intake. Previous diets I have done resulted in muscle being used as fuel. I am really trying not to do that this time as it is not a good thing. Even though the pounds are not falling off of me, the volume is!! My inches are where the tale is told, not the scale. As I become more active in my life, I would expect to actually gain weight in muscle. I wish the body composition scale at the gym was working so I could see my percent fat change. I count this more important than straight poundage.

The more I read about fat and the hormones it secretes,the insulin resistance it causes and the cancer risk it carries.....the more I think the scale number is not as important as the loss of fat. My actual poundage is not changing drastically, but the fat is getting outta here!!

Last edited by Samba; 03-01-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote