Alternative products that are the SAME as IP products

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • The Proti-thin wafers (chocolate, vanilla) look suspiciously similar to the strawberry wafers in terms of ingredients. The nutrients are also really close considering the flavor is different. Any opinions on that? How do they taste compared to the IP ones?

(And the Oh Yeah chocolate wafers and power crunch triple chocolate bars don't even come close to the deliciousness that is the chocolate on those IP strawberry wafers.)
  • I have never had the IP wafers (only use alternatives except for supplements ) but the vanilla proti thin ones are AWESOME. my favorite snack. I haven't tried the chocolate yet though.
  • Quote: I have never had the IP wafers (only use alternatives except for supplements ) but the vanilla proti thin ones are AWESOME. my favorite snack. I haven't tried the chocolate yet though.
    Do they have a coating of chocolate at the bottom? I'll probably give them a try regardless.

Thanks!
  • Quote: The Proti-thin wafers (chocolate, vanilla) look suspiciously similar to the strawberry wafers in terms of ingredients. The nutrients are also really close considering the flavor is different. Any opinions on that? How do they taste compared to the IP ones?

(And the Oh Yeah chocolate wafers and power crunch triple chocolate bars don't even come close to the deliciousness that is the chocolate on those IP strawberry wafers.)
    I was looking at those too. I save my strawberry wafers as a treat to myself if I have been good all week. ( I don't do restricteds normaly)
  • t
    Thank you for posting this information, as I am about to move on to Phase 2, since I am below my goal.

At first I was scared to move away from IP products, but know find I am getting a bit excited about it!

Thanks again.....
  • I have all of the proti-thin wafers; dark chocolate, vanilla and mocha. They're identical to IP strawberry wafers with the exception that the dark chocolate have 210 calories and all the others have 200. These are all excellent in flavor. They're just as good, if not better than the IP wafer.
    They do have the chocolate on the bottom, just like IP.

I tried the proti-diet wafers since they're unrestricted and the flavor was not good in my opinion. They had a real artificial flavor that I didn't like.
  • Quote: I have all of the proti-thin wafers; dark chocolate, vanilla and mocha. They're identical to IP strawberry wafers with the exception that the dark chocolate have 210 calories and all the others have 200. These are all excellent in flavor. They're just as good, if not better than the IP wafer.
    They do have the chocolate on the bottom, just like IP.

I tried the proti-diet wafers since they're unrestricted and the flavor was not good in my opinion. They had a real artificial flavor that I didn't like.
    THANK YOU!
  • Vitamins and Supplements
    Here's a bump ... and a question.

Who doesn't take the IP supplements? I think Wuv is one? I'm curious what you guys take and if they are cheaper than the IP ones?
  • Quote: Here's a bump ... and a question.

Who doesn't take the IP supplements? I think Wuv is one? I'm curious what you guys take and if they are cheaper than the IP ones?
    I take a single (small) krill oil pill ( from Costco) a day instead of the 3 Omega-3 horse pills. The rest is IP. Plus I take a baby aspirin every day, since I'm of that age.
  • Quote: Here's a bump ... and a question.

I started to try and find comparable supplements to the IP ones - GNC makes some multivitamins and Calcium-magnesium that are comparable, but I still cannot find a Potassium supplement that matches up with IP. The FORMS of the nutrients matter - most potassium supplements I've found are Potassium gluconate, but the IP ones are Potassium citrate. The citrate form is the broken-down version of gluconate form - and therefore gentler on your body. Gluconate can put additional stress on your kidneys, and this diet is already a little more taxing on your kidneys - so there is definitely a benefit to taking the citrate form.

I found the IP supplements are a bit cheaper through plainprotein.com so I've been ordering from them.
  • Yep. I spent ridiculous amounts of time researching this and the only thing that came close to the potassium calcium requires taking something like 10 a day. Then (I think) it ended up being comparable price wise because of the number to buy. I decided not to mess around with vitamins because they are pretty important.

I buy a women's regular multi, a fish oil from cvs, and then the other two from buypeoteinfood or plain protein. The potassium lasts 3 months so it doesn't end up being that expensive.
  • So is this the IP closest chocolate drink?

http://newlifestylediet.com/detail.aspx?pid=137&cid=12

Or should I go with the Costco Premier or the EAS Carb Control?
  • Quote: Do they have a coating of chocolate at the bottom? I'll probably give them a try regardless.

Thanks!
    OOOOH yes they do - chocolate on the bottom and a drizzle on the top I put mine in the freezer at lunchtime and have it as my evening snack - it makes them nice and crispy
  • Proti-thin wafers:

Are these the ones that are always listed out of stock? I want them.
  • Quote: Proti-thin wafers:

Are these the ones that are always listed out of stock? I want them.
    You have to email them or include in the "notes" section that you want them. I got mine in my delivery on Saturday. I'm not sure why they leave them as "out of stock" on the website.