Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #91  
started IP 2/6/12

S/C/G: 194/174/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Thanks Miranda, Wuv, and Chloe. You guys are great. I'm going to follow yours suggestions and eat a restricted for breakfast and add veggies to my soup. I'm doing this without a coach due to cost and this forum makes me feel so motivated. It also makes me feel accountable; I can't wait to report my first WI. Hope you all have a great day!
I am in north jersey too. I go to New Perspectives in Sparta. Where do you get your packets?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing View Post
Hey, I love your blog. So inspired by your creativity with the food. Going to make the new zucchini chips recipe and some stirfried broccoli slaw with WF sesame ginger...
Thanks so much. I started it to make me more accountable (which it has) but its also fun to share what works and doesn't. Its amazing what becomes your "staple" that others might not even know about and vice versa!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 132/124.6/110

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing View Post
I am in north jersey too. I go to New Perspectives in Sparta. Where do you get your packets?
I'm from Vernon. I actually bought my packets from a former IPer and some alternatives for now. A friend of mine goes to New Perspectives too and offered to buy some extra packets for me when I run out, but they are so expensive! I would love to go to New Perspectives, but I can afford it right now because I'm a full time student. Do you remember off hand how much it is to join?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #94  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks so much to those of you who responded to my spinach shake question earlier. I made it for lunch and it was supper yummy, easy and filling! I love when I find a new way to get my veggies in.

If anyone is interested, this is what I did:

6 oz cold water
1 1/2 c. fresh spinach
Chocolate drink mix
5 ice cubes

Blended it all up in a blender!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chshedtchr View Post
Did you copy and paste it like it says?? I had a hard time initially as well, but like Wuv said - follow the directions exactly!! GL!!
I finally got it. I was reading but not comprehending it finally clicked.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #96  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

I have a quick question. I am on day 3 and I am starving all of the time! :/ Last night I was so ravenous when I got home from school around 9:30pm (I stayed OP all day) that I just had to eat a plain piece of chicken breast. I didn't put anything on it except sea salt. Do you think this is ok? I know some people say it is ok to have an extra packet in the beginning when you are adjusting but I am trying to stretch my packets as far as possible due to cost. I can get chicken breast in bulk a lot cheaper than I can get packets. I am worried that extra piece of chicken will be detrimental and I wont see the same results. Any advice?
I've had to do that at times and didn't run into any problems. As my coach always says. "A little extra protein never hurts." I generally just have some hard boiled eggs ready for when I exercise or just need some extra protein.

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I'm glad to hear it's not such a big deal. From now on i'll eat egg whites if I'm absolutely starving. Also, I am not eating any restricteds for the first few weeks. I heard that it's best not to have them in the beginning. Maybe I will try eating 1 restricted a day and see if I am less hungry all the time. And i mean ALL the time. lol
Enjoy a restricted once a day. I have one for breakfast every morning and I have since day one.

Quote:
I have only been on IP since Monday. So far I think I am doing well. Heres what I have each day:

8am Breakfast: omelette packet, coffee & splenda. (Hate milk lol)
12pm Lunch: Spring mix, cucumber, green pepper, onion, 2T WF dressing, sea salt, 7oz baked chicken or turkey
330pm Snack: Shake, sea salt added
6 or 7pm Dinner: Chicken soup packet. I put a swirl of evoo in it along with spices.

I know they say I should have my shake 1.5 hrs before bed but i NEED to eat around 3 or 4. Maybe I will eat egg whites then and have my shake around 9 or 10pm

Should i change anything else?

PS: Wuv, I also appreciate your input and advice, as always.
You might want to think about having your main protein at dinner rather than lunch. Also we are allowed 8oz now (it's on the current protocol sheet). My coach always recommends having the snack right before bedtime so that way you have protein in you during the long hours of sleep. You want to burn fat, not muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Congratulations on the move to onederland! What a great feeling, what a milestone! If I had some confetti, I'd shower you with it! Think where you will be by summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Way to go on reaching Onederland!!! How very exciting and what a great thing to see before going on vacation

Congrats on your great weigh-in, you're doing fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
tle1103:
DanafromAustin: Congrats on Onederland!
Thanks everyone. It's still unofficial, but it was first thing in the morning in my birthday suit (which is looking a little wrinkled these days) , so I'm celebrating.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #97  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I went today for my WI a couple days early. Had to trade out some milk chocolate pudding for the dark chocolate. I much prefer dark chocolate. I figured I'd just weigh even though it was a short week so I didn't have to go back again in just a couple days. I was pleased as I lost 6 lbs. I know it was a different time of the day, but I'll take it. I'd been struggling with 2 lbs and 2 lbs. The tough part was my coach had me totally eliminate restricteds. Hopefully, that jump started me. I will add one or two a week to see. I hate it as they are the "spice" that makes IP workable. Now, if my inches will catch up. 7 1/2 inches is not much for 5 weeks and 23 lbs. But, I can see Wuv's words in my mind now, "let the program work, your body will catch itself up and it will all work out." Wuv, you are a dear with your support.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default exercise

I have read a few things regarding exercise. My coach tells me that if I exercise not to get my heart rate up to much or I will start burning lean muscle. Now mind you I am not a hard core exerciser I like to get on the treadmill and I love Zumba. I know someone had put on here what to do if you exercise. I was wondering if I could get some feed back on what to do. Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #99  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
I have read a few things regarding exercise. My coach tells me that if I exercise not to get my heart rate up to much or I will start burning lean muscle. Now mind you I am not a hard core exerciser I like to get on the treadmill and I love Zumba. I know someone had put on here what to do if you exercise. I was wondering if I could get some feed back on what to do. Thanks
On the days that you exercise add 1/2 packet before and the other 1/2 after your workout
Old 02-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

There is an exercise thread. I will bump it.

I am one who exercised throughout ip. Last year in feb I went from 175 to around 145 in about 8 weeks. I did 60 minutes of intense exercise 6 days a week.

I hovered at around 150 until Christmas. I was up to 158, now at 147. I continue to exercise daily.

I am waaay smaller at 147 than I ever was even at 130 in my 20's. My size 6 gap pants are too big, although the 4's are a little tight.

I do not use an extra packet, but I do have a bar every afternoon. I have never lost any muscle, but my bodyfat continues to drop.

I would recommend continuing to exercise if you always did and love it. If not, I would wait until I was well adjusted to phase 1 before starting anything.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #101  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Does anyone know if we are allowed to have Jicama? Looks lo carb to me.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning! Today makes day 3 for me! I am doing well and hope that everyone else is. This evening I will have another scan of my calf where the tumor was. Please say prayers that I will get a "no evidence of disease" (NED) results. I will also have to have another scan of my lungs on March 3rd.
Praying for a clean report for you tonight!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #103  
started IP 2/6/12

S/C/G: 194/174/165

Quote:
I'm from Vernon. I actually bought my packets from a former IPer and some alternatives for now. A friend of mine goes to New Perspectives too and offered to buy some extra packets for me when I run out, but they are so expensive! I would love to go to New Perspectives, but I can afford it right now because I'm a full time student. Do you remember off hand how much it is to join?
I'm not sure if there's a joining fee. You pay for 30 packets (their assortment the first week.) plus 3 bottles of supplements, sea salt, shaker bottle and water bottle for around $300. Then its $81 for 21 packets per week after that. You can purchase more or less if you like. Its $4 per packet but you get a $3 discount for every 21 packets you buy. Weigh Ins are free. Spending all that money is part of my motivation.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #104  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

help please.....I just had my week 3 weigh in....week 1 - 9lbs week 2 -1 lb and week 3 -.8. I have also since switched B/C and had a 12 day period in those 22 days....I usually gain approx 5-6 lbs of water weight on my period and I didnt gain anything in 12 days so I suppose I should be happy....im just sad cause all my other friends are doing better than me Any advice? Thanks guys!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Thanks so much. I started it to make me more accountable (which it has) but its also fun to share what works and doesn't. Its amazing what becomes your "staple" that others might not even know about and vice versa!
So true, I love reading what other peoples staples are!
Closed Thread