Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #121  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
My dh and I have turkey bacon on one weekend morning and it has not been an issue.

I also dice turnip and fry it with some green onions. A little salt n pepper and it's just like hash browns!
Oh that is a good idea, I am going to make myself some hashbrowns to take with me !
Old 02-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #122  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Cadu - great result! Are you finding the program easier?

For those who are disappointed with the pace of their loss, remember this. This program works! People are reaching their goals and maintaining their losses. This is the first time in years of dieting that I am actually believing that I will reach my goal. The weeks will pass either way - whether we are on this diet or not - but if we stick with this we will be much lighter at the end of those weeks.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #123  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
help please.....I just had my week 3 weigh in....week 1 - 9lbs week 2 -1 lb and week 3 -.8. I have also since switched B/C and had a 12 day period in those 22 days....I usually gain approx 5-6 lbs of water weight on my period and I didnt gain anything in 12 days so I suppose I should be happy....im just sad cause all my other friends are doing better than me Any advice? Thanks guys!!!!
I know it's hard, especially early on to have a very small weight loss, but in the 3rd week it's really common. You lost a lot the first two weeks and often our bodies just need to take a break to catch up. Be patient, be 100 percent OP and the scale will move again next week. On this diet it's just not possible to not lose weight as long as you follow protocol.
Also you can't compare others to yourself as we all loose differently. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Danafromaustin, thanks for the input. I must have an outdated sheet. It says 7oz. Maybe that extra little bit will help curb my appetite!
You're welcome. Like you said, "Every little bit helps."

Quote:
Originally Posted by segosia View Post
Thanks everyone for faithfully posting! I was doing really well and had lost about 11 pounds, then I gave myself an excuse for a day, which turned into a week. Now we're in the middle of a crisis and and all the old coping mechanisms are back! Overeating, as if it would solve the crisis! You're motivation will get me going again tomorrow!
I notice your starting weight is just around where I started. I promised myself when I started that I could do anything for a year as I think that might be how long it takes me. I have not cheated once in 5 months and this morning on my scale I hit 199. Now let me tell you if I can do this anyone can. I don't usually make it past the 3rd day of a diet. Make the promise to yourself to get back on IP and stay on. You and your health are more important then some piece of food that will still be there when you reach your goal.

I have had my fair share of challenges this past month. My SIL (who is more like a sister than SIL) was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. My husband was diagnosed with genetic heart disease and my son was thought to have Melanoma (thankfully it wasn't). This all happened in a two week period. My reason for mentioning all of this was in the old days I would have run for the ice cream or mac and cheese, but not these days. I want to be healthy and here for my family in the coming year as we face these challenges.

You can do this. Get back on the wagon NOW and give yourself the gift of a healthier life.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #124  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Dana,
Congrats for reaching the fabulous onederland! Sorry to hear about the sad news with your family. You are exactly right about staying strong! Eating carbs and sugar has never solved anything. I wish you lots if strength to get through these difficult times. Lots of hugs!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #125  

Height: 6'0

Hi everybody,
Thought I would check in. I have been way busy and have not had time to post, or even read much on the board lately. I have not had a weigh in since jan 16 until today. I am down a total of 30 lbs since I started. I can wear those jeans I bought with the tags still on, pretty much awesome. I am staying on program, my daughter got stalled for awhile, i was not around to give her the social support she needs to get something like this done. It has been a problem because I spend 5 days a week away from home and the clinic is never open on weekends, one week I had to buy product from another clinic from my weekday place. But we both went in today and she is now ready to go again, she only gained a pound, over the last month. She was pleased with that.

Wuv- you look fabulous!

Good job everyone with all your losses, and don't sweat the cheating too much if you did slip, just get back on that horse and go for another ride!

Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Oh that is a good idea, I am going to make myself some hashbrowns to take with me !
I really wish I could find turnips!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #127  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Day 6 and still hanging in there. My food choices are pretty limited (salads and shakes), but it is easy and that works for me! Headaches are gone, and so is the Diet Coke.

As part of my "Motivate Myself" campaign (which means making me care more about making myself presentable and staying on plan, lol), I did the following this week:

- Colored my hair (definitely a mood lifter!)
- Painted my toenails
- Made some loooong overdue doctor appts
- Ordered myself a Fitbit to help keep track of my calorie expenditures and sleep habits (this is similar to the Body Bugg they use on the Biggest Loser...check it out on Amazon.com)

The Fitbit appealed to me because I am a total data nerd, and seeing numbers helps me hold myself accountable and stay motivated. It *may* actually get me to use that treadmill/clothes hanger/dust collector I have had and not used for 2 years!!

Last edited by bethanym; 02-22-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #128  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

Having a little trouble tonight. Not hungry, but wanting to snack. Ugh!! Just brewed myself some orange spice tea, thank goodness for my K-Cups!! Reading the forum for inspiration and to just keep me out of the kitchen!

Patti
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Im sooo excited!! I just checked my BMI and its 26.9! That means I am officially no longer overweight...just barely (anything above 27.3 is overweight) BUT STILL!!! WOOOOOO HOOO! I reached a milestone this week!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good evenin' y'all!

So happy to see some great losses- remember, no matter how large or small, it is a LOSS and any is to be celebrated.

I had TOM this past week. Only lost a lb but it is a lb and better than nothing! Plus, I lost another 4 inches. WOO HOO!!

My baby is finally on the mend from his double ear infection. Poor thing. I wish I could have stayed home with him today but hubby did instead.

Have a great evening all!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Im sooo excited!! I just checked my BMI and its 26.9! That means I am officially no longer overweight...just barely (anything above 27.3 is overweight) BUT STILL!!! WOOOOOO HOOO! I reached a milestone this week!
Great job! That is a milestone to celebrate!!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing View Post
Spending all that money is part of my motivation.
Me too!
There are a few things I remind myself when I have a craving or DH is eating something yummy right in front of me.
1. This s@#t is expensive!
2. What would you ladies say?
3. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
4. I am worth it, and I am worth spending this money!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrod View Post
Hi everyone!
Just wondering if any of you use grape seed oil instead of olive oil. Which is better? (health-wise and taste)
It depends what I am cooking. I use grape seed oil when I am cooking with high heat, it just holds up better than olive oil in those cases. I use olive oil in most of my dressings and drizzle it over veggies that I am cooking in the oven. I am not sure what is better health wise. My coach said both were allowed.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I really wish I could find turnips!
Not sure where you are at in Kansas, but I have been buying them at Dillon's in Hays.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #135  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1space View Post
1. This s@#t is expensive!
2. What would you ladies say?
3. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
4. I am worth it, and I am worth spending this money!
Amen! What a great set of reasons to stay on plan!
Closed Thread