3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/253376-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-2-22-12-a.html)

des1187 02-22-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4226221)
It won't be detrimental lol. Sometimes your body may need a little extra [in my own personal opinion]. Sometimes I'm EXTRA hungry, so I eat some more protein either for dinner or some for lunch on TOP of the 8oz and I've had great results thus far. Just watch your sodium and you should be fine, I think it's a-okay to have a little extra, not DOUBLE by any means; but some is fine :) Also, do you eat egg whites? You can scramble them or even boil them for some more "filling"-ness and they're freebies [in moderation of course] but I eat them when I feel like I could eat the house up LOL. :)

Are you eating a restricted?

Thanks for the help. I'm glad to hear it's not such a big deal. From now on i'll eat egg whites if I'm absolutely starving. Also, I am not eating any restricteds for the first few weeks. I heard that it's best not to have them in the beginning. Maybe I will try eating 1 restricted a day and see if I am less hungry all the time. And i mean ALL the time. lol

Hopeful in Canada 02-22-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parislady40 (Post 4226103)
Another thing that I have noticed since starting, is being conscious of self. Many of us have rushed around our entire lives, sorting everyone else out, be it friends or families. I cannot remember a time when my needs(IP diet protocols) have been front and center. We've always been too busy for self. Well that is changing. I wake up days thinking about different ways to fix food I want to eat, I think about my water intake, etc. in so many ways, this is a journey of getting in touch with one's own self.

I agree with you....it's time for ourselves.

wuv2bloved 02-22-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4226200)
Sounds like you are getting a taste of our Washington State weather Wuv!! I get so tired of dark days and rain. I'm headed to Fremont. Nothing stops the bikers there. It's always a challenge driving through there and avoiding the bicyclists. They're crazy.

OH MY...I don't know if I could handle this kinda weather all the time, it drives me crazy!.....I like my sun shine!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4226215)
Good morning everyone,

I have a quick question. I am on day 3 and I am starving all of the time! :/ Last night I was so ravenous when I got home from school around 9:30pm (I stayed OP all day) that I just had to eat a plain piece of chicken breast. I didn't put anything on it except sea salt. Do you think this is ok? I know some people say it is ok to have an extra packet in the beginning when you are adjusting but I am trying to stretch my packets as far as possible due to cost. I can get chicken breast in bulk a lot cheaper than I can get packets. I am worried that extra piece of chicken will be detrimental and I wont see the same results. Any advice?

Like Miranda said I don't think it will have that much of an effect on you and I also agree with the egg whites. Something else you might want to do is get you a few of the EAS carb control drinks to have on hand when something like this happens, its cheaper than the IP packets but also compare to them. Its just a thought, I know I have some on hand just in case the need arises. Depending on the size of the chicken breast it was probably only 3-4oz anyways. More protein in my opinion is better than anything off plan :) Keep extra veggies cut up as well or a jar of pickles so you can just grab and nibble, its always good to have around when something like this happens :) I have had a restricted since DAY 1!!!

Medic131 02-22-2012 12:00 PM

My wife and I are both on the program. We sat and talked last night and we are officially quitting our coach. We CAN afford it, but don't WANT to afford it when the same products are available online for 1/3 the cost. I have been and will still be 100% OP, but I am going to miss my WI. Felt like it held me accountable even though I don't want to cheat. We should come up with our own WI so I can still see weekly improvements. It is amazing how much better I feel when I stop feeding my body garbage. Good luck to everyone for the remainder of the week.

omgzitsmiranda 02-22-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4226237)
Thanks for the help. I'm glad to hear it's not such a big deal. From now on i'll eat egg whites if I'm absolutely starving. Also, I am not eating any restricteds for the first few weeks. I heard that it's best not to have them in the beginning. Maybe I will try eating 1 restricted a day and see if I am less hungry all the time. And i mean ALL the time. lol

I've had them since the beginning lol. I think honestly they help keep me full longer & not going so *crazy* LOL. How long have you been on IP? Could you give some kind of menu plan for yourself so we could look at it? Are you getting in all your veggies? Lean protein weighed *RAAAAWWWWWW* [here you go Lisa ;)]? LOTS of water?

Also have you tried some herbal tea? Lots of people do that. I don't, but lots do!

wuv2bloved 02-22-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic131 (Post 4226253)
My wife and I are both on the program. We sat and talked last night and we are officially quitting our coach. We CAN afford it, but don't WANT to afford it when the same products are available online for 1/3 the cost. I have been and will still be 100% OP, but I am going to miss my WI. Felt like it held me accountable even though I don't want to cheat. We should come up with our own WI so I can still see weekly improvements. It is amazing how much better I feel when I stop feeding my body garbage. Good luck to everyone for the remainder of the week.

Medic, we have a weekly WI spreadsheet on here are y'all a apart of it? well its almost over but I am sure we are going to start another one here is a link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ry-2012-a.html

des1187 02-22-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4226255)
I've had them since the beginning lol. I think honestly they help keep me full longer & not going so *crazy* LOL. How long have you been on IP? Could you give some kind of menu plan for yourself so we could look at it? Are you getting in all your veggies? Lean protein weighed *RAAAAWWWWWW* [here you go Lisa ;)]? LOTS of water?

Also have you tried some herbal tea? Lots of people do that. I don't, but lots do!

I have only been on IP since Monday. So far I think I am doing well. Heres what I have each day:

8am Breakfast: omelette packet, coffee & splenda. (Hate milk lol)
12pm Lunch: Spring mix, cucumber, green pepper, onion, 2T WF dressing, sea salt, 7oz baked chicken or turkey
330pm Snack: Shake, sea salt added
6 or 7pm Dinner: Chicken soup packet. I put a swirl of evoo in it along with spices.

I know they say I should have my shake 1.5 hrs before bed but i NEED to eat around 3 or 4. Maybe I will eat egg whites then and have my shake around 9 or 10pm

Should i change anything else?

PS: Wuv, I also appreciate your input and advice, as always.

des1187 02-22-2012 12:13 PM

forgot to add veggies with my soup!
And i drink water all day long.

GetUpOffaThatThing 02-22-2012 12:18 PM

mmmm...right now I am eating the IP crispy cereal pancakes with a drop of lemon extract and WF raspberry jelly on top....SO GOOD!!!

omgzitsmiranda 02-22-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4226270)
I have only been on IP since Monday. So far I think I am doing well. Heres what I have each day:

8am Breakfast: omelette packet, coffee & splenda. (Hate milk lol)
12pm Lunch: Spring mix, cucumber, green pepper, onion, 2T WF dressing, sea salt, 7oz baked chicken or turkey
330pm Snack: Shake, sea salt added
6 or 7pm Dinner: Chicken soup packet. I put a swirl of evoo in it along with spices.

I know they say I should have my shake 1.5 hrs before bed but i NEED to eat around 3 or 4. Maybe I will eat egg whites then and have my shake around 9 or 10pm

Should i change anything else?

PS: Wuv, I also appreciate your input and advice, as always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4226280)
forgot to add veggies with my soup!
And i drink water all day long.

lol I was fixing to say.... NO VEGGIES?! haha :P
It looks good to me honestly, but have you thought about switching the lean protein to dinner time?

Are you waking up STARVING? because I find if I take my last shake, then sit up a while I wake up STARVING instead of taking it RIGHT before I go to bed.

Goldenrod 02-22-2012 12:28 PM

Hi everyone!
Just wondering if any of you use grape seed oil instead of olive oil. Which is better? (health-wise and taste)

Chloe222 02-22-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsmashfat (Post 4225837)
TLE - fingers crossed that your scan is clear. You are doing what is healthy and your body should follow along.

Just now thinking back over all the diets I've been on, I have NEVER lost 6 LBs in one week! Even on Atkins, South Beach, with their promises. I have a new best friend - IP!

Congrats on the loss! I agree, the rapid weight loss IP provides is so inspiring! I also know that from time to time there could be a burp as the body readjusts to the new lower weight and there might be a weight increase, but the next week it will be down (so don't be discouraged when that happens).

Are you using the Mio water flavorings? They are so helpful - just bought them yesterday (thanks to Wuv & Rissimo). Really tasty!

des1187 02-22-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4226301)
lol I was fixing to say.... NO VEGGIES?! haha :P
It looks good to me honestly, but have you thought about switching the lean protein to dinner time?

Are you waking up STARVING? because I find if I take my last shake, then sit up a while I wake up STARVING instead of taking it RIGHT before I go to bed.

Surprisingly, I dont wake up starving. Im starving in between meals. And maybe i'll switch the lean protein to dinner. I just feel like breakfast doesn't fill me and I can't wait until 6 to eat "real" food lol. But I'll try it! Thanks again! :)

omgzitsmiranda 02-22-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4226310)
Surprisingly, I dont wake up starving. Im starving in between meals. And maybe i'll switch the lean protein to dinner. I just feel like breakfast doesn't fill me and I can't wait until 6 to eat "real" food lol. But I'll try it! Thanks again! :)

How long have you been OP? Are you in ketosis yet? That's how I was in the beginning too. It gets better I promise <3

des1187 02-22-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4226313)
How long have you been OP? Are you in ketosis yet? That's how I was in the beginning too. It gets better I promise <3

Well its only been 3 days so I don't know if I am in Ketosis. I've never done a diet like this. I've read from other people's posts it could take as little as 3 days, as long as 7, etc. Maybe I'll buy those sticks to test. I can't wait til it gets better!! I hate feeling hungry and I need all the extra energy I can get to make it through my horribly boring tax law classes haha.