Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #121  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
You are most welcome, this was something that really bothered me as well, if you don't get in all your water it may register. I'm one who doesn't get the tell tale breath so I was also looking for some reassurance that I was on the right path - however I do notice my urine smells odd at times (TMI) and when I check it then it registers. Therefore I'm thinking the other times it is just way too diluted even when tested first thing. I'm a water holic and have a bottle beside my bed which I sip on when I wake during the night.
Yep for me it's the way my urine smells! (TMI) but it for some reason is reasurring!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #122  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Thanks Wuv! And I thought about you tonight as I ate my grilled rabbit with WF BBQ sauce! Delish!
OHHHHHHHHH yummy!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannyfaye View Post
Help, I feel so powerless right now. I'm on day 6 and have done awesome. I stayed home from work today and opened the freezer and saw a pint of Hagen daaz. I thought I'd gotten rid of everything but I saw that and without even barely a thought opened the pint and ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes. I feel like I have ruined everything and like I won't ever be able to do this right. I can't express how discouraged and pissed off at myself I am right now. I really could use some words of wisdom. I so thought I was ready. I just don't get myself sometimes. Please help if you can. Thank you!

Chin up, what's done is done. There is nothing you can do about it now. Just pick yourself up, forgive yourself and jump back on the wagon. If you gte tempted again, stop and remember how you felt when this happened.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

You will love this program! And how cool is it that your husband is doing it with you.
In case your coach didn't tell you, there are a few things that will help you stick to the program. Because when you stick to it - it WORKS.

The 1st few days you may be hungry - eat a second pack, drink some hot tea, chew some sugar free gum, drink a glass of cold water really fast (people think I'm crazy, but it makes you feel FULL!), brush your teeth. But, if you are really and truly hungry it's OK to have a second pack - even up to a total of 5 a day. Your body in adjusting. Then, once in ketosis, you will not need or want more than the 3 packs.

The first 1-5 days are the tough ones. Depends on the amount of carbs/sugar you were used to eating before you started. You may be very tired, have a wicked headache and generally feel grouchy. Doesn't this sound like an AWESOME program! It will ALL go away after day 4 or 5. I promise. It was day 5 for me - others felt better sooner. Those nasty feelings do not last and they are not the way you feel the entire program. If you are strictly OP (on program) you will be in ketosis by day 5 at the latest. THAT is the day you will wake up and feel GREAT! Energy, clear headed and ready to take on the world! Ketosis makes some feel, thirsty, cold and some don't need as much sleep as before.

The recipes people come up with on this site are a life saver! They will keep you from getting bored - they taste great - almost like you're cheating. USE THEM - you won't be sorry.

Medications: I don't feel this gets addressed enough. If you are on blood sugar lowering meds, be diligent in checking your blood sugar - I MEAN IT! On this plan you are dramatically lowering your carb and calorie intake and if you keep taking the same dose to lower blood sugar you'll be in trouble fast. Other meds you might have to have adjusted are thyroid and blood pressure. There are others - check with your doc. I started this program on 8 different meds (all because I ate like crap) and now I am down to 2, soon to be 1.

Check the Daily Chat Thread (this one) and ask questions there - you'll get a response faster.

Ladies - other tips for success?

Enjoy the ride!
Thanks for the tips & welcome from so many to the site! I've never been so excited to step on the scale tomorrow and start the journey!! I filled my fridge with veggies on the list- washed and ready to eat. Im thrilled my hubby is doing this with me but it's double pressure to be prepared! Glad I heads up what to expect for the first week- my short term goal right now is to stay OP for the first week and see the results on my first WI! Thanks again for the tips and encouragement
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #125  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Random question... does anyone have the link or recipe for the cereal pancake handy? I'm scouring the threads right now, but thought I'd see if maybe someone knows it off the top of their head. (I'm having a slow day at work and trying to meal plan haha) Thanks so much
Here you go, it's in Finn Steven's recipe's somewhere. He has so many delicious ones.

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 205.8/205.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm crying, you guys are sooooooooo wonderful and compassionate. My deep gratitude. K, new start! Right this second. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #127  

Height: 5'0"

Last night I made the pancakes and put rhubarb sauce on top - YummO!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #128  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
You are most welcome, this was something that really bothered me as well, if you don't get in all your water it may register. I'm one who doesn't get the tell tale breath so I was also looking for some reassurance that I was on the right path - however I do notice my urine smells odd at times (TMI) and when I check it then it registers. Therefore I'm thinking the other times it is just way too diluted even when tested first thing. I'm a water holic and have a bottle beside my bed which I sip on when I wake during the night.
I haven't noticed a difference in my breath either, maybe other people can but I definitely can't tell. You're right its just getting the reassurance that you're on the right path. I drink a lot of water & tea, so I'm guessing my urine is dilute at most times as well. When I tested again after work it showed trace and then after kickboxing it wasn't showing anything. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it has kind of bummed me out. I feel like maybe my body isn't doing what it is supposed to be? I wish I didn't have the sticks because then I wouldn't be having this issue haha
Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #129  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Here you go, it's in Finn Steven's recipe's somewhere. He has so many delicious ones.

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.
Thank you so very much. I was scouring recipe threads at work but didn't get to Finn's. Really appreciate you posting this
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarianeC View Post
Can't say it has always been easy, but it is definitely worth the effort. I'm 46 and am at my lowest weight in 18 years (since my first son was born). My husband did not do it with me, but has been very supportive.
I have found that many of the posts on this website have been more motivating than my coaches. Best of luck to you.
I appreciate the honesty that it hasnt always been easy but the concensus sounds like if u stick to it- the weight will come off. I feel like i will have lots of support- hubby, coach and this site. But ultimately it's up to me!!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
I appreciate the honesty that it hasnt always been easy but the concensus sounds like if u stick to it- the weight will come off. I feel like i will have lots of support- hubby, coach and this site. But ultimately it's up to me!!
Absolutely it's up to you! When someone brings treats in to work it will be up to you to make the decision to eat them or walk away. When you go to the store to buy veggies it will be up to you to buy just veggies and not every darn thing in sight because it looks so good! But you can do it. Find those tricks that work for you and tell yourself it is ALL worth it because you will look great, feel great and will be soo happy!! And everyone here will be offering their support
Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

my coach told me that cucumber is now free to eat as much as you like, same as lettuce. has anyone else heard that.

tried the cauliflower bread sticks tonight - very yummy. also the zucchini apples, delish
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannyfaye View Post
Help, I feel so powerless right now. I'm on day 6 and have done awesome. I stayed home from work today and opened the freezer and saw a pint of Hagen daaz. I thought I'd gotten rid of everything but I saw that and without even barely a thought opened the pint and ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes. I feel like I have ruined everything and like I won't ever be able to do this right. I can't express how discouraged and pissed off at myself I am right now. I really could use some words of wisdom. I so thought I was ready. I just don't get myself sometimes. Please help if you can. Thank you!
You will be OK! I am glad to see that you are back on track quickly! I have been right where you are. Some days are just harder than others. we need to keep reminding ourselves that we are worth the hard work and that it is not the food that will fill the void we have! we need to love ourselves enough to keep going no matter what.!
This week has been hard for me too. I have not been 100% but I am not going to give up! I have been very frustrated because this is so difficult and I do have to cook different food for my family and watch them eat it. Also my husband sits in his chair watching TV and eating candy in the evening. What is even more maddening is that over the last few months he has "cut back" on the amount of soda he drinks and has dropped almost 30 pounds! I want to be happy for him ( and in a way I am) but it seems so very unfair and i am really struggling with it. I need a new way to think of it or just get it out of my head because it has messed me up this week. My weigh in day is Thursday and it won't look great because I have to weigh in on my way home from work after working all night. I will do my best to drink lots at work but I always weigh lots more after work.(it has even been 5 pounds before!) I will weigh myself first thing tomorrow morning and see what I come up with.
I do have a question.... I made some "spaghetti" with miracle noodles, ground turkey and canned tomatoes with spices. I made sure to find tomatoes with no added sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I put it all together and it was really good. The problem is that I could not eat it all. That means I did not get all the meat eaten. Does anyone else have this problem? do you eat some meat with your evening snack? Am I overthinking this? I know we are supposed to get everything in.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #134  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
my coach told me that cucumber is now free to eat as much as you like, same as lettuce. has anyone else heard that.

tried the cauliflower bread sticks tonight - very yummy. also the zucchini apples, delish
WOW I sure hope not cuz I will be in trouble for 2 cups of veggies....lol...I eat a cucumber everyday for lunch!
Closed Thread