Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/131/122

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

I hope everyong is having a wonderful morning so far. Well, weigh in #14 this morning and I am down another 2.4 pounds!!!!!!

Good Luck to those that still have weigh in's coming up and congratulations to all those that have had them so far and have lost or maintained. I was out of town this week-end so I am playing catch up on the reading.
Wow 2.4 right after a 4 - that is wonderful
Old 02-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #32  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

You will love this program! And how cool is it that your husband is doing it with you.
In case your coach didn't tell you, there are a few things that will help you stick to the program. Because when you stick to it - it WORKS.

The 1st few days you may be hungry - eat a second pack, drink some hot tea, chew some sugar free gum, drink a glass of cold water really fast (people think I'm crazy, but it makes you feel FULL!), brush your teeth. But, if you are really and truly hungry it's OK to have a second pack - even up to a total of 5 a day. Your body in adjusting. Then, once in ketosis, you will not need or want more than the 3 packs.

The first 1-5 days are the tough ones. Depends on the amount of carbs/sugar you were used to eating before you started. You may be very tired, have a wicked headache and generally feel grouchy. Doesn't this sound like an AWESOME program! It will ALL go away after day 4 or 5. I promise. It was day 5 for me - others felt better sooner. Those nasty feelings do not last and they are not the way you feel the entire program. If you are strictly OP (on program) you will be in ketosis by day 5 at the latest. THAT is the day you will wake up and feel GREAT! Energy, clear headed and ready to take on the world! Ketosis makes some feel, thirsty, cold and some don't need as much sleep as before.

The recipes people come up with on this site are a life saver! They will keep you from getting bored - they taste great - almost like you're cheating. USE THEM - you won't be sorry.

Medications: I don't feel this gets addressed enough. If you are on blood sugar lowering meds, be diligent in checking your blood sugar - I MEAN IT! On this plan you are dramatically lowering your carb and calorie intake and if you keep taking the same dose to lower blood sugar you'll be in trouble fast. Other meds you might have to have adjusted are thyroid and blood pressure. There are others - check with your doc. I started this program on 8 different meds (all because I ate like crap) and now I am down to 2, soon to be 1.

Check the Daily Chat Thread (this one) and ask questions there - you'll get a response faster.

Ladies - other tips for success?

Enjoy the ride!
Wow, could this be the reason I am ALWAYS cold? I thought it was because of the 40lbs I had lost (and thought maybe my body just needs to adjust at some point). I never thought of ketosis. I did read that vitamin B could help with being cold so I began taking a B-complex early in the morning, moved one multi-vita to lunch and the other to later afternoon. I haven't noticed any improvement at all in that area and it has been about 3 weeks. It doesn't matter how many layers I have on, it is just a chill from the inside that never goes away unless I get in the hot tub or shower. I wonder.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!
My1st WI is tomorrow morning . I am very excited. This morning I am wearing a pair of blue jeans that I couldnt fit into last week. What a great feeling!

Have a great day everyone
Carol

What a wonderful and motivating way to start IP! Congratulations!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/131/122

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
Tomorrow will be my first day on the IP program and hopefully the first day of a very exciting journey. After reading through pages and pages of this site ive gained a lot of knowledge and tons of inspiration! I'm looking forward to using this site throughout my IP journey! Today I'm Grocery shopping and filling my fridge with veggies- with my hubby and I both starting the program I know that planning ahead is going to be key.
Can't say it has always been easy, but it is definitely worth the effort. I'm 46 and am at my lowest weight in 18 years (since my first son was born). My husband did not do it with me, but has been very supportive.
I have found that many of the posts on this website have been more motivating than my coaches. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Lakewood,

That was really helpful information. I've had a terrible headache for the past two days and now I know it's probably just because I'm adjusting. I've also been very hangry (What my boyfriend calls me when I'm angry because I'm hungry lol).

Swimcoachmama, thanks for recommending Mrs. Dash seasoning. I wouldn't have thought to look into them. I'm already bored with my veggies. The good thing about Mrs Dash is that its fast. Sometimes I'm just in too much of a hurry to start mixing spices on my own when I'm packing a quick lunch. Wow that sounds terribly lazy when I think about it...
As you go along you will start to slow down and enjoy putting your lunches together. Also along with the Mrs Dash, look for Land O Lakes Sprinkles. There are several different flavors, cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion, and Parmesan and herb I believe. Always carry water around with you and also if no one has mentions MIO water flavorings to you, this would be another great investment to have has a staple
Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
I've also been very hangry (What my boyfriend calls me when I'm angry because I'm hungry lol). .
Hangry, love it, can definitely relate! Be assured, that will go away when you are in Ketosis and comfortably adjusted to the diet and meals.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Luck, and Woo Hoo on the NSV!
I love hearing everyone's success! It reinforces my faith that this diet works and works so fast. I'm doing this diet for the second time around, gained back all my weight when we moved and I started eating at the new restaurants.

Also doing this alone, so really appreciate the advice and community here!

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
As you go along you will start to slow down and enjoy putting your lunches together. Also along with the Mrs Dash, look for Land O Lakes Sprinkles. There are several different flavors, cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion, and Parmesan and herb I believe. Always carry water around with you and also if no one has mentions MIO water flavorings to you, this would be another great investment to have has a staple
Hmmm, never heard of Land o' Lakes sprinkles, I guess all grocery stores carry them? Where do you buy MIO water flavorings, never heard of those.

Thanks so much for these tips!
Chloe
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

good morning everyone! Exciting that lots are going in for their WI's! Yesterday bought my new running shoes so Im excited to try them out tonight at my dance class! Going to go enjoy my coffee and choc drink!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hmmm, never heard of Land o' Lakes sprinkles, I guess all grocery stores carry them? Where do you buy MIO water flavorings, never heard of those.

Chloe
Land O Lakes are with the spices around the Molly McButter sprinkles.....oh and you can also have I Can't Believe It's Not butter spray. The MIO should be around the Kool aid area or the water
Old 02-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Chloe

The Land O Lakes is with the spices in some places and in other is in the popcorn section. MIO is with the KoolAid and Crystal Light. Wonderful stuff. I really really love the Berry Pomegranate flavor.

Last edited by rissimo; 02-21-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #42  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Default TOM Question

I am starting my 7th week on IP and am really loving it. I have a question that may be TMI but I have to ask. I have my TOM about every 2nd or 3rd week. In 7 wks I've had it about 4 times now! I was never regular before starting this diet and would only get it every 2nd or third month, so this is definitely not normal for me. Anyone else have this "problem"?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning IPers! I hope everyone's weekend was good. And congrats on all the WI's this weekend! I weighed in on Saturday morning and am down another 2.7lbs. I expected more but am happy with it since it was my TOM last week.

I did A LOT of walking! Family was in town and I showed them downtown DC. Thankfully, it was beautiful outside so the walking was refreshing.

Yesterday I was exhausted and didn't feel like making my dinner nor did I defrost my meat for my evening meal. So I just had a packet with my veggies... is that OK? I know it's an extra $4 but I dont mind if it's OK to do once in a while.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarianeC View Post
Wow 2.4 right after a 4 - that is wonderful

Thank you Sariane.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #45  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!
My1st WI is tomorrow morning . I am very excited. This morning I am wearing a pair of blue jeans that I couldnt fit into last week. What a great feeling!

Have a great day everyone
Carol
And there is more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, looks like we got more newbies this morning which is absolutely fabulous. Always nice to see other people wanting to take control of their lives. Congrats to everyone that has WI's this morning and to those who still have to WI good luck!!

Next Wednesday my clinic is having a 'meet and greet', I had suggested this a while back but was never mentioned again so when I went WI last week she said we will be having one on the 29th. So I started going through all of my pictures to make a scapbook to take along with me showing my progress. I sent them all to Walmart.com to be printed because my printer here is only black and white. I get a call your pictures are done. So I get down there, the guy working behind the counter is someone I used to work with at Toys r Us back in early 90's. He said hey to me (thinking he knew me but wasn't sure) I said hi back, he said can I help you? I said I am here to pick up my pictures. He said your name please? I said Terry, you don't know who I am? he said I think so but I am not sure....lol...I said Lisa...he said OMG!!....ya know I was printing your pictures and said this looks like Lisa but then again it does't.....lol...I said it is me, he said WOW.....how much? I said 131lbs he said GEEZE...I knew it was a lot but didn't realize how much....you look amazing. I said thank you with the biggest smile, took my pics and came home. Looking at all of them together I don't even recognize myself in some of them. I NEVER saw myself as big as I was that is for sure. Well that is my NSV, hope everyone has a great 100% OP Day!
Awesome NSV. Too fun.
Closed Thread