Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #91  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi Wuv, I've been meaning to tell you I like your before and after picture together in your signature. It really shows the great progress you've made! Keep it up!
Thank you, I like to update it monthly so that people can see that IT IS POSSIBLE to do when you keep your eye on the prize
Old 02-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #92  
started IP 2/6/12

S/C/G: 194/174/165

Height: 5'8"

Finishing up week 2 and I'm realizing that I need to buy back-ups of the packets that work for me...I've been so limited to exactly 21 packets for 7 days! My coach sells both individual packets and boxes so I'm gonna get boxes of vanilla pudding, chocolate drink and some other stuff that I love so that there's never "nothing I want to eat".
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Keep trying things until you find done you like!

The soups are really good with veggies and spices. Try them again. They make lunch a real meal for me...

A nice slow Sunday here. Holiday Monday! So just sons hockey!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #94  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLiveLaughLove View Post
Hey! I just started the Ideal Protein Diet.. Day 7 today! Yesterday was so hard! I wasn't hungry but I had cravings for EVERYTHING!!! I didn't eat anything but it was sooooo hard.. I felt like giving up!! Anyone else experience this? Does it go away?? I also hateee the soups and I wasn't sure what to get because I didn't try anything so I purchased the drink mixes for breakfast.. also hate those!! When I go back, I'm going to try the vanilla and chocolate shakes for both breakfast and lunch! You all seem to be doing GREAT! Congratulations! I hope I can do it too! ... I just found this site today! I was wondering how you get the measurement thing.. that shows your weight loss and goal? Any help is appreciated!
Be sure you go back to the Ideal Protein Diet home page and select the top Sticky IP Ultimate List Recipes, .... There are four separate links of posts with recipes for IP (Don't skip Finn's. He has wonderful recipes and the most marvelous photos of his recipes). Make yourself your own cookbook by copying and pasting each one that looks good. It will help with what might seem yucky or monotonous. Like has been mentioned, you'll find how to make muffins with shake mixes and lots more. Plan on an afternoon, at least.

Hang in there it does get better. Read everyone's posts every day. You'll learn so much and feel so supported.

You must be a site member for 20 days to have the signature added to your User CP area. That wait will almost be worse than the way you feel now.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Dana, have you looked into the Thundershirt for Dogs? I have heard that it can be very beneficial for them, and reviews on Amazon appear to be pretty good.
Haven't heard of those, off to check them out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Good morning everyone! Weighed in this morning....... *drum roll*
FIVE POUNDS!

Me: *gets on scale* la la la la la.
*looks down* WHAT?! No way!
*get off scale & gets back on* HOLY CRAP!

GOODBYE 240'S! muahaha!

That means in almost 6 weeks on IP I've lost 20.5lbs!
Average: 3.42lbs!
Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLiveLaughLove View Post
Hey! I just started the Ideal Protein Diet.. Day 7 today! Yesterday was so hard! I wasn't hungry but I had cravings for EVERYTHING!!! I didn't eat anything but it was sooooo hard.. I felt like giving up!! Anyone else experience this? Does it go away?? I also hateee the soups and I wasn't sure what to get because I didn't try anything so I purchased the drink mixes for breakfast.. also hate those!! When I go back, I'm going to try the vanilla and chocolate shakes for both breakfast and lunch! You all seem to be doing GREAT! Congratulations! I hope I can do it too! ... I just found this site today! I was wondering how you get the measurement thing.. that shows your weight loss and goal? Any help is appreciated!
I hated the drink mixes too, Now I live on restricted bars for breakfast, soup, shakes or the new mashed potatoes for lunch and I turn the puddings into milk shakes for my snack before bed. I admit though I am a creature of habit. Check out the recipe thread as there are some pretty yummy things in there. The cravings will go away the longer you are OP. Hang in there.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

random question for y'all:

It I want to make the cereal into another food, must I include the milk power to get the protein and "count" as my IP, or are just the cereal puffs okay?

anyone know?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

When I first started I only wanted the chocolate drinks and had them 3 times a day. I tried some other things occasionally and then thought I didn't like them. Now that I have been on 5 weeks I am starting to branch out again and have begun trying different things. Surprise, I like them now. I think maybe in the beginning I just needed the routine.

Also, I often make my own soup with carb free chicken broth and 2 cups of veggies and it is good. Yesterday I added the mashed potatoes to it and it was REALLY good. It gave it a creamy texture that was very satisfying.

I find that this diet gets easier everyday. I think once you settle into the routine of it you find satisfaction.

Anyway, it is a sewing day for me! Yipee, I love quiet days all to myself! I hope everyone else enjoys their weekend.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #98  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Might have to check it out. Speaking of BBQ.

We had sliders yesterday. Literally sliders. BBQ mushroom burgers. We grilled little burgers and topped them with some large grilled mushrooms (per FinnSteven's suggestion) then dipped them in the WF BBQ sauce. Yum oh yum. But, they seriously slide out of your fingers. Got home too late or would have made turnip fries but we were too hungry. Best meal. So tasty. I might have to try it with the deer one day. We used the lean ground beef. I find that makes a big, big difference. Yum.

Yesterday was a good day. We went to a movie, well sort of a concert. There is something called LA Phil Live and basically it was a live concert conducted by this super cool dude in Caracas, Venezuela. The whole project is really neat with they way they accept everyone into their chorus. Anyway it was a lot of fun for us becuase since starting the diet we have not done much. That was more me and my anxiety. I was too worried about my hunger and sometimes I pee very 6 minutes. I have since learned don't drink a lot of water a bit before you head out.

But, the popcorn smell. Oh my. It almost did me in. And I don't usually get the popcorn in the theatre but it was killing me. So, I armed myself with my dill zippers that I did not eat at lunch. Problem was this was not the kind of movie to be crunching through. That's okay. I made it.

I think it takes a while but I sorta feel like we finally have the groove of this. The first few weeks were challenging but now it is more fun and the food seems to be more enjoyable.

Also bought some sweatpants stuff and a jacket in get this...medium. I know. Scared but I did it. Bright happy spring colors. And then got some jammies at another place, yes in medium. I have been swimming in my jammies for a while now. Originally, I was not going to buy anything until I reached goal but I realized there were a few things I might need. It is just starting to hit me. Just how much of my wardrobe I will have to get rid of. Everything I bought will be tight for a while but I just did not see a reason to purchase things in my current size.

Also, I just learned this for myself. I really do need my daily spinach (raw) with the Omega oil drizzled on it. Olive oil is fine but is does seem to make a difference for me. I was out of spinach for a few days and things just did not feel right.

Have a great Sunday everyone with lots of NSV's, Lots.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #99  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Good morning everyone! Weighed in this morning....... *drum roll*
FIVE POUNDS!

Me: *gets on scale* la la la la la.
*looks down* WHAT?! No way!
*get off scale & gets back on* HOLY CRAP!

GOODBYE 240'S! muahaha!

That means in almost 6 weeks on IP I've lost 20.5lbs!
Average: 3.42lbs!
WOO HOO! What a great way to start the day!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #100  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Yes I am fine! Did get the tip out of my soup!!! HAHAHA! Although my kids did laugh and say we eat everything else... even road kill...(which we do not!) so what difference is a thumb gonna make!
LOL, just a little extra love from mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
LMAO...awesome!!!.....it makes a world of difference when you can eat all the wild game y'all eat and the kids enjoy it. I remember eating duck, rabbit, deer, and geese growing up
LOL if it did not come from the grocery store all cut up in a package, I did not know it was meat. I ate grilled chicken breast for the first 10 days of this diet and then could not take it anymore. I am surprised at how much red meat I eat now and enjoy. Apparently beef has a lot of collagen.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #101  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Starting Day 3 and down another pound....gotta love that ketosis water weight loss.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 205.8/205.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Starting day 4. I spent about 6hours yesterday at hawaii themed going away party yesterday (day 3) where there was a giant spread of hassium type foods and chips, cup cakes, brownies, pasta salads, cheeses, etc.... I could not believe how relatively easy it was for me to stay 100% (YAY!!!!!!!). I normally would have spent the day compulsively snacking and feeling guilt and embarrassed. Felt like freedom which is ultimately my goal.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #103  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Worked all day today... Because my team doesn't normally work on Saturday there were bagels and pizza and brownies, etc sitting all over the office. Ironically, I was the one in charge of ordering in all that stuff... I wasn't even tempted, and not a crumb if all those goodies went in my mouth. I am very happy with myself right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing View Post
Finishing up week 2 and I'm realizing that I need to buy back-ups of the packets that work for me...I've been so limited to exactly 21 packets for 7 days! My coach sells both individual packets and boxes so I'm gonna get boxes of vanilla pudding, chocolate drink and some other stuff that I love so that there's never "nothing I want to eat".
Great idea that is what I do too. That way too if you need a little extra some day you can have IP instead of going off program. Somedays I need a bit more, when I exercise or work long. And IPs like lemonade only have one gram of carbs. Be careful with the chocolate powdered shakes they are high in carbs, but the premixed are not as bad. I really like the premixed vanilla too
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #104  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Well the snow is starting! Enjoying some OP chocolate Ice Cream!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
@ Miranda - How exciting! So happy for you! Way to go girl!
This morning waiting on the snow! We are supposed to get 6-12 inches...alot for us!
I was cutting up veggies for soup, one set for my family and one set OP for me! While I was cutting up deer meat I slice the end of my thumb off! UGGG!
Trip to the urgent care and 10 stiches later I am back to making soup.
Here's to everyone: Have a GREAT day and keep reminding yourself "I am so worth it" Peace my friends!
OMG that's awful, hope it heals well
Closed Thread