Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #16  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Today is DAY 1 on IP for me, and I am very excited to be posting on 3FC and sharing encouragement with everyone!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #17  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
I just recieved my first shipment of Miracle noodles. Can not wait to try them. Anyone have any ideas for a safe red sauce? I think the WF is uggg.
Good luck to everyone today!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #18  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

Have a great day everyone
Hi Cadu, I am starting today and am just 1 day behind you! Hopefully we can celebrate/commiserate together as we head down this path.

Question: I saw you have a headache - are you taking in any caffeine?

I had to give up my sacred Diet Coke today (I have a 20+ year addiction, yet keep drinking it despite knowing that it contributes to weight gain) but am drinking iced coffee (black) diluted a bit with water today to help avoid any headaches. Giving up carbs alone is draining, so I am trying to offset the drag of the first few days by not limiting caffeine. Hopefully it will work!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Congratulations 160s rock !!

Remember to change your ticker, it still says 171

You must be feeling amaaaaazing!! Way to go!
Thanks! It was really nice to see a different number in the 10's place! Lol, My main goal is to be in the 150's by the time we move, I've got 1 month, so hoping I can make it!! I'll change my ticker when I have my 'official' WI Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Morning!
I just recieved my first shipment of Miracle noodles. Can not wait to try them. Anyone have any ideas for a safe red sauce? I think the WF is uggg.
Good luck to everyone today!
You could make your own. That's probably the safest way. Tomatoes are allowed (but restricted) so I would cook a few of those (even a can of diced ones) with some garlic and zucchini. I've also heard the miracle noodles do well with soy sauce and other Asian flavors because they take on the flavor of whatever they're cooked in. GL and let us know what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
I had to give up my sacred Diet Coke today (I have a 20+ year addiction, yet keep drinking it despite knowing that it contributes to weight gain) but am drinking iced coffee (black) diluted a bit with water today to help avoid any headaches. Giving up carbs alone is draining, so I am trying to offset the drag of the first few days by not limiting caffeine. Hopefully it will work!
The caffeine is definitely a good starting point (and personally I wouldn't quit caffeine the first week of IP either), but you may still experience a slight headache. If you take about 1/4 tsp salt, and lick it out of your palm and follow that with a big glass of water it should go away in 20 minutes or so. And remember coffee is a diuretic so make sure you're getting in extra water for every coffee you have. GL to you!!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Perspective

Thought I would share this picture for all of us who have felt disappointment when we "only lose 1 pound".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 pound of fat.jpg (35.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 191/191/156

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Up and Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
You're doing absolutely incredible averaging 4.6 lbs/week!! I'd be ecstatic with that weight loss rate. I've had some weeks of small weight loss but, have noticed that it catches up later. The scale is not moving for me this week and I'm discouraged but, I know from reading other's post that weight loss will eventually happen again. They always say your body needs a chance to catch up. You're doing great! Congrats to you for the big success so far.
So true, it does catch up! I have found that in general I have one great week, followed by a not so great week or no loss. Then the following week I make up for it. Sometimes I think when I have a good loss, I might eat more the following week because I think I'm doing so well I deserve a little extra. Or maybe it's just a cycle my body goes thru that takes two weeks to show the loss. What do you think?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #22  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Friday! Looking forward to a long weekend! Walked 2 miles today- The scale at the gym says down by 5, hope it is the same at my WI #4 this afternoon. Keep up the good work everyone. Have an OP Friday!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #23  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Anyway, the day before yesterday, my husband did not go to the gym and felt bad that he did not, so he started doing some push-ups in our living room and when he lost his momentum and said he should do more, I encouraged him to do more and I told him that I will do 50 with him, he laughed and said ''you can't do 50 push-ups, can you?'' I told him that I sure can't do them the way he does, but I can do push-ups on my knees (women's push-up) and slower than he does since he does them so fast, anyway, I started with him and by the time he finished his 50 push-ups, I was at my 30th, lol, but you know what, I managed to finish my 50!!! yooohooo!! Go me ), I felt good, but what is amazing is two days after I feel now so good with my shoulders and I even feel my stomach muscles, so I decided that every other day I am going to include a 50 push-up session into my day! God it feels good.
WAY TO GO! I have heard that 15 Minutes of exercise can do the same thing for our moods that 500mg of prozac can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. I am pretty boring about my food, pretty much the same thing every week and absolutely no cheating...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I'm a little disappointed, my body just seems stuck at 260...I keep getting on the scale hoping to see something in the 250's and it's not happening.....did anyone else seem to hit a plateau this early on? I limit myself to only 2 restricted's per week and am absolutely not eating anything off plan. Help???
A loss is A loss...... many posts people are saying they might even gain a bit but then the next time the WI it's bigger!!! Be happy with the loss and I think we all need to be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcrews View Post
Good Morning, Well today is more school work and staying OP. This morning my belly is crying out to me. FEED ME. Wow when does this part stop. I will feed it a IP omelet and hopefully that will help.
I agree when I'm hungry if I drink a bunch of water and wait a bit then it seems to subside a bit! Hang in there, I'm sure there will always be bad days but the good days seem to be more and more the longer I stay OP
Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #24  
jmartyn

S/C/G: 259.2/220.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Default First Official IP Weigh-in :-)))

Happy Friday!! Today is my last work day before a much needed vacation. We're not traveling or doing anything special, but it will be nice to have some time at home as a family. I'm a bit nervous about being at home and the temptation to snack, but I am determined to stay OP 100%.

I had my first official weigh-in yesterday. I am so excited!!! In one week, I've lost 10 pounds and 8.5 inches from my body I realize that huge losses are typical during the first week or two, and are commonly seen in those of us who have lots of weight to lose. I've officially reached my first mini-goal to lose 10 pounds and will reward myself with a manicure!!

Ideal Protein is the first diet I've experienced that I have not had an urge to cheat (not one crumb). This is amazing.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #25  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I only have a nanosecond on the computer while I drink my coffee, but this morning I FINALLY saw the 160's on my scale I don't know what my deal has been, I might have been drinking to much water, but yesterday I decided to only drink when I was getting thirsty and lo and behold this morning I am back to normal. I do drink way to much sometimes so hopefully that helped me and I can find a happy medium.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!
WAY TO GO! 160's is so great, I bet you are feeling amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa07 View Post
I am on the Ideal Protein diet and I had my 6th weigh in yesterday. I started at 258 and I'm now down to 232 and down 15 inches. I absolutely love this site for recipes. Who would have thought you could turn I.P pudding into a muffin or a pancake. My other favorite is turnip or rutabago french fries. I seriously have to have them everyday....soooo good. Last week was challenging, my parents came for a 3 day visit, I went to a wedding so I was worried about the meal at the reception and the temptation of having a glass of wine, and then of course Valentine's Day. I'm proud to say I don't feel like I cheated...other than having to eat regular italian dressing at the wedding. We went to Red Lobster for Valentine's Day and I ordered crab legs and did not dip them in butter (huge change for me) and I didn't eat any of their yummy biscuits either. I love to go out to eat so proving to myself that I can do this without cheating is a huge victory for me. One day at a time.......
GOOD job at staying OP!!!

Quote:
Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

It will get better! Your body will adjust! Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Good morning! Today is DAY 1 on IP for me, and I am very excited to be posting on 3FC and sharing encouragement with everyone!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #26  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartyn View Post
Happy Friday!! Today is my last work day before a much needed vacation. We're not traveling or doing anything special, but it will be nice to have some time at home as a family. I'm a bit nervous about being at home and the temptation to snack, but I am determined to stay OP 100%.

I had my first official weigh-in yesterday. I am so excited!!! In one week, I've lost 10 pounds and 8.5 inches from my body I realize that huge losses are typical during the first week or two, and are commonly seen in those of us who have lots of weight to lose. I've officially reached my first mini-goal to lose 10 pounds and will reward myself with a manicure!!

Ideal Protein is the first diet I've experienced that I have not had an urge to cheat (not one crumb). This is amazing.

Have a great weekend everyone
WOW congratulations! That is HUGE!!! Just try to focus on your family and having fun and relaxing doing healthy things! It's harder for me at home because it was always habbit to snack a lot there! My fist weekend OP I took my daughter to the park for two hours and never even thougth about food Good luck!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #27  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Thought I would share this picture for all of us who have felt disappointment when we "only lose 1 pound".
AMAZING!!! Good reminder!!! THANKS!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #28  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
That's a good way to look at it! Makes me feel better
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Day 100 on IP and I officially made goal at WI! Total lbs lost 27 total inches 21 7/8. I went on P2 two weeks ago when I hit goal at home so tomorrow I start P3. Very excited to figure out meals. Good luck to all - hang in there and stay OP cause it's worth it - you're worth it!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good Morning.

Keep on going. the headache and fatigue get way better. the omelet is nice. sometimes i have it for dinner with 2 cups litely sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms. some jalapeno for fun....
Closed Thread