Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I got a sample packet of the new mashed potatoes but just realized I don't have instructions. If anyone has preparation instructions, please let me know. I think we are going to have steak and asparagus this evening and I want to try these potatoes. Not sure what to do for the chocolate but I did see that recipe in the mug. Mmmm.
2oz very hot (not boiling water) into a bowl, stir in IP potatoes with a fork... they come out creamy not fluffy (DO NOT MICROWAVE them afterwards to get them warmer- I made that mistake and got a rubbery mess)
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalinda View Post
Im just starting again today. Rough start. Love coffee and lots of cream. Anyone have ideas on cream for coffee?
So thankful I found this site!
I personally use the EAS Carb Control drink, but you could also use the Vanilla RTD from IP. And your tastes will change, I no longer use as much, and will occasionally have it black if we're out somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
My husband left me little notes all around our bedroom last night. The last note on my pillow was a gift certificate for a massage and facial at a day spa! .
SO sweet!! Enjoy your spa day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I just got a call from a place I applied to...
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! HOW exciting!! Good luck!!

Congrats on all the WIs and NSVs today!! Took my kids out to lunch at Chick Fil A and all I could think about was making cauliflower popcorn when I got home, lol! Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Looks like some good WI's are happening so far this week, Congrats to everyone who has WI so far and GOOD LUCK to everyone yet to WI.

Miranda sorry you are having to go through this but this is just another thing that will make you stronger as a person. I am so happy to hear that you didn't turn to food when you got the news. You have definitely grown and learned a lot in that department, not to turn to food when you get emotional and upset.

I got a call this morning from my son at 6am telling me I had to come home cuz he was out joggin last night and popped something in his knee. He couldn't put pressure on it at all, so I got up packed all my stuff, woke mom up and was on the road for 7am. Got back to Gulfport around 11ish and have an appointment with him at the orthopedic Dr at 1:45. He has had arthritis in that knee since he is 6 yrs old, so we will see what he tells us. Off to unpack and get to the dr!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Can I tell you how much I sometimes wish my oven would cook faster? Cauliflower popcorn is calling my name!
I think that EVERY TIME I make the cauliflower popcorn (which is almost nightly)
Old 02-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
2oz very hot (not boiling water) into a bowl, stir in IP potatoes with a fork... they come out creamy not fluffy (DO NOT MICROWAVE them afterwards to get them warmer- I made that mistake and got a rubbery mess)
You can add more hot water to make potato soup, if you like. I'm always going for the volume...

They are good and really don't even need spices or herbs added.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #81  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

I can't remember who posted the hint to get get your veggies in quick to put it in your drink or shake, but thank you. I had a very rushed lunch. Ran home (actually I drove) put 2 cups of spinach in the blender, 1 cup of water and my dark choc pudding. Blended until smooth than added some drops of the Stevia Hazelnut Creme. Very tasty! And of course my salad. Thanks for the hint. Will definitely do that again.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

What is this cauliflower popcorn you are talking about? Sounds like another great use for cauliflower.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #83  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Default weigh in today

I had my weigh in and gained 0.75 lbs . I had my TOM last week and added a couple of restricted foods. On the brighter side I got my ticker today! Hopefully I will get better results next week.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #84  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Thank you. Thank you. Now I can have a nice V-Day dinner. Also, thanx for the tips. These products are really tricky in the microwave. A few seconds too many and you have a mess on your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
You can add more hot water to make potato soup, if you like. I'm always going for the volume...

They are good and really don't even need spices or herbs added.
Ahhh...I like. Might add leeks one day. In my old life I used to love potato leek soup. IP's leek soup is just okay.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #85  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Some great WI's today congrats everyone!

I just tried the new potato puree and that was too good. My daughter even questioned me if I was really sure that they aren't restricted. I promised her she was fine, they aren't restricted. I practically licked the bowl when I was done. Very yummy!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Accountability!!

Almost a year after starting my IP journey, I am back and more committed than ever!!! This time hubby is joining me and I foresee success in our future!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
I had my weigh in and gained 0.75 lbs . I had my TOM last week and added a couple of restricted foods. On the brighter side I got my ticker today! Hopefully I will get better results next week.
Congrat's on your ticker! BTW, how are you notified that you get one? By email or by some message when you log-on to this board?

I wouldn't stress the weigh in. You probably had too much water to drink right before going in or something like that.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Almost a year after starting my IP journey, I am back and more committed than ever!!! This time hubby is joining me and I foresee success in our future!!!
Best of luck to both of you and welcome back!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #89  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

Happy valentine's day everyone!
Ooh mashed potatoes? I hope my coach gets them in. Sounds great! Also the recipe for the meringue cookies sounds very good too. Treat time
Congrats to all of you who stayed OP! Keep it up!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
What is this cauliflower popcorn you are talking about? Sounds like another great use for cauliflower.
cut the florets off of a head (bite size) add to a baggie to shake with olive oil, salt and mrs Dash... bake at 400 for about an hour, turning/flipping every 15-15 minutes
they should be very brown/roasted (like a marshmallow, golden but not charred)
Closed Thread