Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrb View Post
I did something similar! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chocoalte "Brownies"
Makes 12 (1 serving)
1 pkg IP Chocolate Drink
1/2 c water
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg Splenda
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix the first two ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix together (don't over stir). Spray a mini-muffin pan with PAM & spoon 1 tbsp into each tin. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool & enjoy!!

Raspberry Sauce
1/4 c WF raspberry fruit spread
2 tbsp water
1 pkg Splenda

In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk all ingredients together until the WF fruit spread breaks down. Serve warm (otherwise it turns back into a spread) & use as a dip for your chocolate treats!

I wasn't wildly crazy about the raspberry sauce, but I am not a fan of most WF products. By breaking down the jelly to a sauce though makes it taste a lot better (to me)! I also think I'll make these into bigger cupcakes next time because eating 12 was hard for me... the texture isn't quite "cake like" obviously! Still really happy with how this turned out!! Yum!
This sounds delish! Can't wait to try it Like many of you my attempt for chocolate mug cake (drink mix) came out rubbery. I felt like I was eating a sponge. Should have used it to clean the kitchen
Glover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Chocolate Mug Cake...Instant Joy!

1 pkg Chocolate Drink ( replace with other drinks try with vanilla drink)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon splenda (or sweeten with other sweetener to taste )
Splash of vanilla

Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily
Add other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )
Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth
Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE
Watch as it expands like crazy
Let cool
Eat... and enjoy
OMG.... soooo yummy! this is totally how i want to take my last protien of the day...
so i use alternative products.. but i thought what the heck.. lets try a scoop and see what happens..
so i did 1 scoop of my protien powder.. then added cold chia tea instead of water (this is how i drink my shakes now cause i dont like the after taste of the shakes.. )... just enough to make it that pudding consistency..
then mixed it and added all the other ingredients the same..
i cooked it in a tupperware dish so it didnt expand over the top and when it came out i put 1/2 teaspoon of WF choc sauce and 1/2 tsp WF carmel sauce on top!

IT IS SO YUMMY! (maybe a little dry.. but definitely something I can live with!) whoever requested this recipe and replied.. you are gods! this is exactly what i needed today
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

I must have done something very wrong! Mine was disgusting! I choked it down bc I cannot afford to waste a packet, but it was very hard to do! I even put WF chocolate on top and I think that made it worse! Oh well....
aliboo723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #49  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I just made this yesterday and thought it was pretty good!
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #50  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrb View Post
I did something similar! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chocoalte "Brownies"
Makes 12 (1 serving)
1 pkg IP Chocolate Drink
1/2 c water
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg Splenda
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix the first two ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix together (don't over stir). Spray a mini-muffin pan with PAM & spoon 1 tbsp into each tin. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool & enjoy!!

Raspberry Sauce
1/4 c WF raspberry fruit spread
2 tbsp water
1 pkg Splenda

In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk all ingredients together until the WF fruit spread breaks down. Serve warm (otherwise it turns back into a spread) & use as a dip for your chocolate treats!

I wasn't wildly crazy about the raspberry sauce, but I am not a fan of most WF products. By breaking down the jelly to a sauce though makes it taste a lot better (to me)! I also think I'll make these into bigger cupcakes next time because eating 12 was hard for me... the texture isn't quite "cake like" obviously! Still really happy with how this turned out!! Yum!
**did you bake this on 350* ?? ** I'm gonna have to try this, they look really good
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #51  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I make the mug cake often. I've used chocolate, cappuccino, and vanilla. I mix it in a 4 Cup glass measuring cup so I don't have the explosion. It took a few tries but I no longer measure, just eyeball it. I usually dip in WF caramel syrup...yum!
fam4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #52  

I need to know your trick with the mug cake. Mine turned out slimy or like a slightly undercooked omelet after it decompressed.
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #53  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I tried it in the mug once, and it looked like chocolate cottage cheese, slimey, and nasty. I'll have to get brave and try it again, but hate to waste a packet again. I had better luck cooking in the oven.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I must have done something very wrong! Mine was disgusting! I choked it down bc I cannot afford to waste a packet, but it was very hard to do! I even put WF chocolate on top and I think that made it worse! Oh well....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
I need to know your trick with the mug cake. Mine turned out slimy or like a slightly undercooked omelet after it decompressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
I tried it in the mug once, and it looked like chocolate cottage cheese, slimey, and nasty. I'll have to get brave and try it again, but hate to waste a packet again. I had better luck cooking in the oven.
I'm with you all--I tried this once and thought it was terrible. I love my puddings and hated to waste a packet on this.

I must be missing something...

The only thing I love with the packets is the crispy cereal pancakes with WF syrup.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #55  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Don't use the pudding, only the drink mixes. I put the packet in and then whisk in about 2 oz water....estimating this amount. Just enough so it mixes without clumping. Sometimes if mine seems too "wet" after the 3 minutes I flip it over onto a plate and microwave a bit longer.

Just tried the banana chocolate bread recipe with a few variations. One I used lemon pudding and vanilla drink mix, one with vanilla pudding and orange drink mix, and one with dark chocolate pudding and cappuccino drink mix. I'll post in the daily thread when I try them, but they smell delicious!
fam4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

IF all else fells - Nashua Nutrition makes a mug cake packet - just add water - it's not like homemade cake, but it will help curb the chocolate cake cravings. I've been tempted to top with WF chocolate sauce or the WF marshmallow creme - but haven't yet.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 173/157.7/130

I was soooo looking forward to this, but it turned out horrible :s It turned rubbery and hard. Maybe 3 mins in the microwave is too long??
pammyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammyf View Post
I was soooo looking forward to this, but it turned out horrible :s It turned rubbery and hard. Maybe 3 mins in the microwave is too long??
Sounds like you overcooked it - a good type is if you see it start to deflate in the microwave, it's likely done. Microwave strengths vary
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

I made this today with the drink packet and it turned out pretty decent...I'm debating making it again for my evening snack. When my hubby walked in the house, he was like, did you make brownies?!?!? LOL!!
Sally4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 197/154/149

Height: 5'2

Default Mug cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
making this tonight! THANKS
I love the chocolate mug cake! I cook it for 11/2-2minutes at 50% power.
nanbarbree is offline   Reply With Quote