Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #61  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

So glad to hear everyone's news! Way to go!
I am very excited to be in onederland!
I hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #62  
itsallhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Congrats! Smile.
Thank you so much for your encouragement! It really means alot!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Does anyone know how many alternatives you can "get away with" and still maintain IP coaching and WIs? I have ordered 3 boxes of alternatives while still on my IP started kit (that lasts 3 weeks) but I'm wondering if they will notice/ or have a policy "as long as you buy X% from us or something".... any thoughts?
You are probably going to have to talk to your coach to see if they have a policy about this. I just ordered some alternatives from Nashua nutrition just because of cost. I figure I will have to talk to them ábout this.

On a different note I made the popcorn cauliflower for lunch today. Wow was that good!! I will be making that again!!!( soon )
Old 02-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Did you check out the alternatives thread? I think alternatives require more work and figuring stuff out but it looks like people have done quite well and saved a lot of money after they made the switch.

You have done so well and come so far, I hope you find a solution to aid in your continued success.
I did and I got a lot of great advice! Thankyou!
Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Look around these boards. there are a number of people doing alternatives. (Mostly Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Lindora) www.nashuanutrition.com
Just check the nutritional values and try choosing options that are the same as the IP products
Thats exactly my plan so far I found a the lowcarb EAS drinks and the peanutbutter Southbeach bars and they are almost identical to the IP products nutritionally
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I switched to alternatives after a few months and it went without a glitch. Just check the sheet on alternatives on the stickies under the first post on the daily thread.

Check the sheet on the nutritional counts for IP packages and compare them with the info on alternative products.

You can get pretty much the same counts on proti diet products on a site like Nashua Nutrition.

Many of us use the Premier Protein RTD shakes that you can get at Costco because they reall have a lot of protein.

The alternative products don't work as well in recipes but I am buying a months worth of products for what I spent in a week at the clinic.
I am totally doing this for me so don't have an issue with not having a coach but many people really like having a coach's support so that may be an issue.

Your profile dosen't say where you are from.
If you are not in the US the shipping is quite costly from sites like Nashua, but it is free after (I think) $100 in the US.

Pat
I live in Little Rock I do think I am going to order the soup off of Nashua it looks like its very simililar to IPs soup! Im getting really excited about saving some serious $$. Not having a coach anymore is kind of a bummer but I can be accountable for myself I have plenty of reasons to not cheat, I dont think that it will be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Hi! I've never been on "official" IP, I use strictly all alternatives. I just CAN'T afford IP or else I would But! I'm very happy & satisfied with my alternative choices

I use EAS advant-edge carb control chocolate fudge rtd shakes. They're good!
I also order chocolate soy balls from Nashua & they're DELICIOUS!
I am definitley getting the EAS shakes I saw them at WalMart today! It makes me really excited to see so many people just as succesful on the alternative plan. Its really calmed my nerves!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!
Congratulations on it all! What a week and good luck at JH!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #66  
itsallhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Celebrated my 20-pound loss today with a trip to the MAC store and got a new shade of lipstick, gloss and blush; feeling pretty pretty!
That is AWESOME!!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I'm also starting the second time around - lost 35 pounds the first time but then we moved and there were too many changes happening at once, that I just let the good diet go and eat what was convenient, including trying all these wonderful new restaurants. I knew it wasn't right but sometimes this is just the way it goes. So glad to be back on IP - I know the weight will come off and it really isn't that hard.
Thanks Chole for the encouragement! Today has gone really good. I think my issue has been the restricts. I was having one a day but think that I will just get back to basics and once I have lost more weight and gotten more into the grove maybe add a restrict back in. Hope your having a good day aswell!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Celebrated my 20-pound loss today with a trip to the MAC store and got a new shade of lipstick, gloss and blush; feeling pretty pretty!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Thank you!! I'm not taking a moment for granted.. i worked really hard for it, and i know i'm blessed. I'm going into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. They accepted TEN out of all of the applicants that applied.. well over 100 from what i heard. still dancing about it

~ and the weight is falling off which makes me feel great i'll be done the diet by the time i start, so it feels great that i'll be buying SMALL scrubs haha.. i've never bought small anything... until now

Congratualations!! What an accomplishment.
And as an added bonus you will be at a great weight when you start and picking the right foods should be second nature once the hectic schedule kicks in.
Pat

Pat
Old 02-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #70  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #71  

S/C/G: Lost and maintained 75 pounds

Hi, you have a few choices. The best is to just stay on the plan. Granted that is hard on the cruise. The other option is to do a " vacation phase off" where about 10 days prior to the cruise you would go on phase 2 for five days and then phase 3 for five days and then go on the cruise. On the cruise you would then follow your plan of lots of protein,salad and veggies. And then go right back on phase one when you return home. You would not want to just go from strict phase one onto the ship, too big a shock for your system. Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #72  

S/C/G: Lost and maintained 75 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!
Hi,

Those could be symptoms of too low blood pressure. Not knowing your history is of course a problem but if you are on blood pressure medication you might need it adjusted. Try having a cup of bullion ( not the low sodium kind) and see if you feel better, if so it leads towards the too low blood pressure possibility. Another possibility is that you are not consuming enough calories or protein for your body weight. I hope you have brought this to your coaches attention. You should not be feeling this way on the program.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 207/165/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!
That's great! So inspiring.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 207/165/135

Height: 5'3

Does anyone know where I can get IP products online? I live in a rural community with very little resources so I have to order my products. I've gotten some from eBay, but I'd like to be able to choose my products instead of choosing from whatever is available.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akangel View Post
Does anyone know where I can get IP products online? I live in a rural community with very little resources so I have to order my products. I've gotten some from eBay, but I'd like to be able to choose my products instead of choosing from whatever is available.
Where do you live? In the US you can order from Ideal to Go, but I don't know if there is any program like that available in Canada or not.
Closed Thread