Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

New here! I have been on ideal protein protocol before and lost 50lbs but ended up getting pregnant with twins. I started back on protocol in dec and Im down 17lbs but I am having a hard hard time sticking with it this time. Just had 3 days of bad eating. Starting fresh today! I started out at 257 and my goal is to get to 150. So glad I found this site! What are your eating schedules like for the day? Fav packets? Hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh and how do you make the weight trackers?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Wow, congrats to all those SVs and NSVs! It's always so inspiring to read other people's experiences, helps me to realize that I can do it too! And NewMom, congrats on Johns Hopkins, what an opportunity!

Hubby and I had a wonderful date last night at Red Lobster and I was able to just enjoy the little bit of alone time we had together, rather than feeling like I was missing out on something due to the food. It was a great feeling, and I actually really enjoyed my crab legs, broccoli, and salad. It has gotten COLD here in FL so I am staying hunkered down inside getting everything ready for a big consignment sale this weekend.

I also decided to do something I never thought I would do before and enter a contest for a local photographer. Since I have seen my body starting to change I am gaining more confidence in front of the mirror, but my old view of myself at 220 lbs is still the one I carry with me. I really think that if I get some photos taken (something I'm hoping to do regardless) it might help change my view of myself. It's kind of nerve wracking to step out of your box sometimes!!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2ndtimearound View Post
New here! I have been on ideal protein protocol before and lost 50lbs but ended up getting pregnant with twins. I started back on protocol in dec and Im down 17lbs but I am having a hard hard time sticking with it this time. Just had 3 days of bad eating. Starting fresh today! I started out at 257 and my goal is to get to 150. So glad I found this site! What are your eating schedules like for the day? Fav packets? Hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh and how do you make the weight trackers?
Welcome!! If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the board there are tons of great ideas, and threads about packets and the things you can make from them.

You can get a ticker once you've hit 20 days on the site and 20 posts.

Oh, and congrats on the twins!!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Wow, so much good new this week!

Congratulations to each and every one of you.

Wuv, I am very sorry for your loss. To put it frankly, death sucks.

Sometimes I think being a hermit would be ideal, because you wouldn't have any loved ones to grieve for. Unless you befriended the animals... My pseudo-grandma is very old and fragile, and we don't think she'll be around much longer. I really don't want to think of what her dying will be like. Death sucks.

So before I start crying, I have good news. My Nashua Nutrition stuff got here today, and I can't wait to try the pancakes and sweet roles.

EGG QUESTION!!!!!!! How many whole eggs make up 8oz of protein? My sheet got me all confuzzled about it.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
What a week for sure. Congrats on getting into John Hopkins, good for you!

Congratulations on hitting onederland, great job. According to my scale I have 4 more pounds. Can't wait to see that 1 instead of a 2.

I'm going on a cruise in two weeks. I have decided to go to phase 2 for that week, with maybe some Atkins thrown in there. I don't care if I loose that week, I just don't want to gain or get thrown out of ketosis. I will be packing bars and RTD, and basically eating protein and steamed vegetables. I've been on enough cruises to know what a food fest it can be, but I've been on IP long enough now to not care that much.
What can you have on Phase 2? Two packets a day? I would like to maintain as well, I am not going to stress myself out by worrying about everything I eat but do want to be smart about it. I also think I will walk on the ship everyday and that should help.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #36  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayideal View Post
Happy weekend everyone! Wuv, sorry for your loss.
I have to share my amazing OP fish fry last night. My parents invited us over for fish and knew to leave enough for me out separate so I could prepare it for me. I took the crispy cereal and breaded my fish. I dipped the fillets in egg whites first and then breaded and fried in grape seed oil. They were so delicious! I felt like I was eating what everyone else was. It was fantastic!! I have never been so motivated! I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right?
How exciting and congratulations on Onederland! Your idea for fried fish is fantastic. So many of you are so creative. It is great being able to benefit from others experiences. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Congrats everyone. Your stories inspire and so do your countdown tickers. I am new to IP, and my main hurdle is having 2 cups of vegetables twice daily. I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #38  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parislady40 View Post
Congrats everyone. Your stories inspire and so do your countdown tickers. I am new to IP, and my main hurdle is having 2 cups of vegetables twice daily. I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!
I made turnip chips yesterday using my convection oven setting at 400... My husband went crazy over them. Zucchini pasta is another favorite. If you have a spiraler... noted on other threads or even a peeler, spiral or peel away at a zucchini. It makes a marvelous replacement for spaghetti or the peeler for lasagna noodles and use the WF Marinara or use your own veggies to make a sauce. Sometimes I just use 2c worth of veggies in my salad, between onion, celery, radishes, green (red, orange, yellow) peppers, cucumbers, even pickles make for a happy salad veggie feast.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Welcome!! If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the board there are tons of great ideas, and threads about packets and the things you can make from them.

You can get a ticker once you've hit 20 days on the site and 20 posts.

Oh, and congrats on the twins!!

Thanks so much!! I have been reading through and am feeling inspired by all you awesome ladies! Im loving all the different things you can do with your packets. Im def going to have to try them out. I have been mostly sticking with 2 flavors for convenience, but have realized to master this diet I am going to have to switch it up so I wont get bored or crazy *wanting to shove everything in my mouth*. One day at a time!

And thanks about the twins! My girls are now 9 months old! Time flies!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #40  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, I made it to mom's in all of the nasty weather there was today
Sorry for your loss, have a safe trip and congrats on the new clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Wow what a week!
Wow, indeed! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Had a great week, so far according to my scales this morning have lost a total of 14.9 pounds! in just 16 days, so defiantly over the moon!
Awesome! Those headaches were worth it, yes? :-)

Quote:
I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right?
Indeed it does! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning all.
150.1 today. Why can it be 149.9??!!
Hang in there, it will be in a few hours ;-)

Quote:
I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!
Mushrooms! If I can't handle the volume of veggies, I measure, slice and cook up some mushrooms--they get a lot smaller and are really easy to eat. I also use this site to help me measure:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2816/2

Had some delicious butterscotch waffles this morning. What a nice weekend treat! Good luck to everyone today
Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Happy weekend everyone! Wuv, sorry for your loss.
I have to share my amazing OP fish fry last night. My parents invited us over for fish and knew to leave enough for me out separate so I could prepare it for me. I took the crispy cereal and breaded my fish. I dipped the fillets in egg whites first and then breaded and fried in grape seed oil. They were so delicious! I felt like I was eating what everyone else was. It was fantastic!! I have never been so motivated! I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right?
What a good idea! Thanks for sharing. The crispy cereal is so versatile.

Pat
Old 02-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
EGG QUESTION!!!!!!! How many whole eggs make up 8oz of protein? My sheet got me all confuzzled about it.
2 eggs is still listed on the new IP sheet as the replacement for your evening 8oz protein. It doesn't have as much protein as meat so I generally add a couple egg whites with my scramble. Plus it bulks it up a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renewing Myself View Post
What can you have on Phase 2? Two packets a day? I would like to maintain as well, I am not going to stress myself out by worrying about everything I eat but do want to be smart about it. I also think I will walk on the ship everyday and that should help.
Phase two is the same as phase 1 except you have another portion of meat for lunch instead of an IP packet. I'm not sure how much the serving is supposed to be, but it's a good way to stay on track if you can't do another RTD or something for lunch.

Quote:
Spinach When I'm not feeling it I'll cook up 2 cups of spinach, and it cooks down to nothing so I don't have much to eat, plus it takes on just about any seasoning well. Also, for lunch it's great blended in a Vanilla Drink packet with some ice.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 171/154.2/145

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Hello everyone;
I have been OP for 3 days now and am shocked how easy it is. Of course, I have had a couple of struggles...the first day my body which was used to eating 6 times a day is wondering why I am not feeding it although I wasn't hungry like on other programs and secondly I wanted sugar so bad. But I am proud to say that I have made it to day 4 without bending to temptation. I am so excited about this program and look forward to the weight loss.
Just thought I's pop by and say "Hi"! I'm from Sk and attended U of R so nice to see a neighbor on here
I'm into my fifth week and loving the program, largely in part because it really does work!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

I have a dilemma. I can no longer afford this program. I sat down and talked to my husband today and we are thinking I can continue doing a similar routine just off program. I was thinking I could buy the south beach bars and some protein shakes at the store and basically do what I have been just not with the ideal protein packets. I am super sad I really dont want to quit but the money is just not there right now. Im wondering what you guys think? On a happy not I lost 2.5 lbs this week.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Congrats to everyone's amazing SV and NSV this week!
Seems like an above average amazing week!!
It is always so inspirational to read the amazing stories everyone shares!

Wuv, hope our city treats you well!
Closed Thread