Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Back Again, dang it

This is going to be more like a journal entry then a post but feel free to reply anyways.
I keep asking myself, "what the heck is wrong with you?"
I was losing weight faster than I ever had. I wasnt hungry, i had energy, But I couldnt deal with the cravings. But I am stronger than this, these cravings.
How many years have I wished and prayed to lose weight? My whole life! And here i was losing and gaining confidence but I threw it away.
I quit after a month of stumbling back in late January.
My excuse? Stress, no time, too hard to plan meals, too hard to cook for family and then cook something for myself and watch them eat what i had made for them, no money. But I am done with excuses. I am stronger than that.
Now I am mad, real mad. and i have a plan, a set date, a goal.
So here I start again
Luckly, I didnt gain back a whole lot, just 5 lbs. But I wasted weeks when I could have lost 10x that in that wasted time.
My goal, be 200lbs or less by May 5th, my college graduation.
My plan, I am so broke, I can't afford any junk food and I am only going to buy stuff for the family that I dont like. Luckly I dont care for quite a few things that they like. My biggest down fall is rice, pasta, and bread. That is where my challenge is going to be. Rice is cheap and bread is necessary so they will be in the house.
I am ashamed about my weight so previously I hid the fact that I was on a diet from others, not this time, I am telling them, that will give me more of a reason to work hard and stick to it, be accountable. What do I have to lose? oh yeah, FAT!!!
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I remember you! You just took the first step to a new you. Just hang on here and be strong. Ask your family for help - you may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #3  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
This is going to be more like a journal entry then a post but feel free to reply anyways.
I was losing weight faster than I ever had. I wasnt hungry, i had energy, But I couldnt deal with the cravings. But I am stronger than this, these cravings.
How many years have I wished and prayed to lose weight? My whole life! And here i was losing and gaining confidence but I threw it away.
My excuse? Stress, no time, too hard to plan meals, too hard to cook for family and then cook something for myself and watch them eat what i had made for them, no money. But I am done with excuses. I am stronger than that.
So here I start again
Luckly, I didnt gain back a whole lot, just 5 lbs. But I wasted weeks when I could have lost 10x that in that wasted time.
My plan, I am so broke, I can't afford any junk food and I am only going to buy stuff for the family that I dont like. Luckly I dont care for quite a few things that they like. My biggest down fall is rice, pasta, and bread. That is where my challenge is going to be. Rice is cheap and bread is necessary so they will be in the house.
I am ashamed about my weight so previously I hid the fact that I was on a diet from others, not this time, I am telling them, that will give me more of a reason to work hard and stick to it, be accountable. What do I have to lose? oh yeah, FAT!!!
Congrats on getting back on track. You will be able to achieve your goal with your new attitude. Those 5lbs might come off quick too so don't beat yourself up. Good luck!
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.8/160

Height: 5'9

DITTO....Congrats on realizing that it's NEVER to late and starting over again! We have all been there....I hope you have a great week Op!!!!
Spercy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #5  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Don't forget to come back as often as needed for support....this forum keeps me focused and OP, plus there are some great money saving options with alternative products (and all their sales!).

And remember....nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! A craving is a fleeting thing, but you can enjoy being thin every minute of every day!!!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Dont beat yourself up. Many of us have been on and off this diet. So you are not alone!! Just remind yourself how great it felt to lose the weight in the first place & move forward. You have all of us to cheer you on. You can do this
navydocmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
So here I start again
So glad you are back!! Pick yourself up, brush off the dust, and move forward. You have already taken the first step by being back here- you can do it!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 132/124.6/110

Height: 5'4

Success is fall down 9 times, but getting up 10. I've made the same excuses many times in the past and I know how it can be easy to let stress, the annoyance of cooking two dinners etc. get into your head and interfere with your goals. Falling off track is behind you. Just be positive, recommit, and remember that you CAN do it!
des1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #9  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like you are on a mission! Good for you. Whatever it takes, stick to it. If you need an extra IP packet, have it. Definitely visit this site often for motivation and inspiration! You can do it. Good Luck.
Patty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I have been MIA for about a week and went off program for those days. I had two doctor visits that I was very nervous about, but received great news. I also attended a conference and found it difficult to stay OP. I don't mean to make excuses, it is what it is. However, it makes me feel very guilty, but I now hope to get back OP. I know how great the program works and I know I need to focus and stay OP. I hope to start walking outside soon and this should help me. Please think of me as I begin this journey again...
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Glad you're healthy and back on the wagon!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ryuu, you have had so much go on in your life over the last few months and to only gain 5 lbs is great. You could of put on SOOOOOO much more. Don't put the stress of giving yourself a SOLID goal of being a certain weight by your graduation. That number is just that a number, go by how you feel with yourself and how you look. You may get to a point where you are comfortable at 190 who knows, still its just a number. Its all about HOW YOU FEEL with YOURSELF. Setting a solid date is setting your up for failure because if you don't lose ___lbs a week you won't make that goal. Just take it One meal, One day, One pound at a time. You know you can do it, you did it before. Like you said NO MORE EXCUSES, welcome back....glad to see you again
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Smile

Quote:
So here I start again
You're back with a new plan, that's what matters....it is hard for me too, I still get hungry and have some cravings, I'm sure we all do. The dinners I am making are eaten by the whole family, they are really enjoying them. I am not that creative so I have looked at a lot of the recipes on this site, and by doing that it has actually given me other ideas for our dinners, and everyone is finally eating their veggies, lol. My goal is to be 100% compliant on this plan, I'll keep you posted on that. Congratulations on your commitment to stay on plan!
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote