IP Vitamin Alternatives

• I bought, Multi, Cal-Mag, Omega, Enzymes and Antioxident six weeks ago. Very expensive. Did not purchase Pot/Cal supplement from them because my blood pressure pill contains a diuretic. Does that one increase weight loss? Down from 164.3 to 151.8. Feeling good.
    Are their vitamins that much different than a good reputable comany one.
    Any suggestions for vitamin alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!!

GGG
  • Quote: I bought, Multi, Cal-Mag, Omega, Enzymes and Antioxident six weeks ago. Very expensive. Did not purchase Pot/Cal supplement from them because my blood pressure pill contains a diuretic. Does that one increase weight loss? Down from 164.3 to 151.8. Feeling good.
    Are their vitamins that much different than a good reputable comany one.
    Any suggestions for vitamin alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!!

GGG
    I have seen some others post about alternative vitamins. I understand Walmart has some comparible products for much less. Take your empty bottles there to compair or ask the pharmacist.
  • Yes I would also appreciate any if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.
  • I just ran out of my Omega 3, so I went to the pharmacist and he helped me to find Sundown Naturals Triple Omega 3-6-9 Flax, Fish & Borage Oils. It was the closest formulation to IP and was $27.50 for 200.
  • I buy cal/mag at whole foods as well as potassium.
  • IP Alternative Vitamins
    Does anyone know if taking the Pot/Cal helps with weight loss?
  • Quote: Does anyone know if taking the Pot/Cal helps with weight loss?
    They're not just to help with weight loss. We need the vitamins because this is an unbalanced diet, and being such we need to get some of the vitamins / minerals we would usually get from regular food from a supplement. Especially the calcium since we're not getting any dairy, and the potassium to help with muscle cramps.
  • IP Vitamin Alternatives
    Does anyone know if Pot/Cal supplements will interfere with blood pressure med that contains a diuretic?
  • ggg0959, what kind of diuretic are you on? If it's Lasix (a loop diuretic) you need a potassium because in addition to water loss, you also flush out potassium. If it's Aldactone, you don't need an extra potassium supplement. Only water and sodium are flushed. I am only a nursing student so I would advise you to talk to your MD.